Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sub Amp Remote Power On from Factory Woofer Amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 04:00 AM

Default Sub Amp Remote Power On from Factory Woofer Amp

What's up guys? I'm new to the forum although I've always come here to look for tips and to read for fun. I have the 2015 TC but I believe all the TC2s have this.

I was wondering if it would be okay to splice off of the remote power on that goes from the head unit to the factory woofer amp underneath the driver's seat?

All the TC2s, as far as I know, have a woofer amp that controls the two woofers up front underneath the driver's seat. From the head unit to the factory amp, there's a remote power on cable, the white wire on pin 9 on the 10-pin connector at the head unit according to this thread.

There's not a lot of info on the factory under-seat amp, but I figured it might be easier if we could figure out if we can just splice into that power on wire so that future sub installers won't need to pry off the head unit from the dash.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2015, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tapped into the remote wire from behind the head unit. (white wire) But I didn't install a new HU, I used the factory one and used a powered high level signal converter to get my signal for the subs.

I see no problem with getting the remote signal from the amp under the seat. However, you still need to get audio signal to the sub-amp. The proper way would be RCA's from the head unit, so you have to take it out anyway. It's not difficult to get into either.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:49 PM

I'm gonna be using the high level inputs on my amp. So my plan is to splice into the rear speaker wires and just go directly to the sub amp. Its a little bit less wiring on my end lol. Thanks for replying ^^
Old 02-24-2015, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahh, yeah l Looked at that too, but I didn't want to take the rear panels off. And I needed power for my high level converter anyway. I like that it has 9v RCA outputs on it
Old 02-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Lol I'm the opposite, I don't want to pull off the front trim. The rear panels just need the rear cushion removed and two pins on each side and it comes off. Anyways I'm gonna be documenting this install for future installers cause it's a bit cleaner than some setups.