Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

If you had 3 G's on a sound system..what would u get? ; )

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default If you had 3 G's on a sound system..what would u get? ; )

So I'm planning to get a kick a$$ sound system in my box. I realize there are other threads out there...but everyone tends to have their own opinion. But I'm curious....whats the best sub, amp, component speakers, sound deadening material, and head-unit that I can buy for my budget. Keep in mind I'm looking for SQ not SPL. All songs should sound beyond amazing and extremely precise!

Here are some brands I had in mind. CDT, FOCAL, HERTZ, AUDISON, IMAGE DYNAMICS, etc....

Thanks I would really appreciate your help.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

If it were my setup, I'd run an active front stage with a Sundown SAX-100.4 with some Hertz components. For rear fill, nothing. Sub, I'd probably run an older RE XXX 12" in dual 2ohm coils. To run that subwoofer, I'd probably go with the Sundown SAZ-1500D. Wiring I'd pick up the Kicker Hyperflex 1/0 kit on eBay for around about $100 shipped. Sound deadening, I'd do nothing but SecondSkin DamplifierPro, Spectrum, and LuxuryLinerPro.
Headunit's up to you. Just try to find something that you can run active.

All of these are my suggestions. I personally have JL XR650-CSi's in my doors and they're pretty decent. I prefer Sundown's amplifiers because they're great product for the money and they just look nice!

I forgot to mention an enclosure. Hit up www.pwkdesigns.com for an enclosure blueprint. I've done business with him 3 times. Each time I've been extatic with the results.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

need to know waht you want in your headunit, double din, play dvds, nav, etc. Or if you want to use the stock unit. What kind of music you listen to, what your tastes are, what kind of install do you want to do, stealth, take up minimal space, etc. This will help people pick out parts for you.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I listen mostly to rap / hip-hop and metal / rock. As far as space....space is no problem. It would be nice to get a touchscreen display so that way I can easily navigate my songs from my ipod. Again I'm looking for the best SQ based on my budget. I currently own polk speakers and they are way too bright/harsh on the ears if you turn up the volume.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it depends on how much work you want to put into it. I also run secondskin sounddeadening great stuff. If I were to do it all over again this is what I would do.

I would love to get some pioneer ODR stuff but they dont make it in the states anymore only in europe. its pure digital no rcas just optical cables. great stuff.
but....

120+sqft secondskin
Radio-Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS (has awsome active x-over setup)
Front amp-Pioneer Premier PRS-A900 amp (active)
Front spkrs- DLS iridum 3 ways or focal power k2 6 1/2s
no rears
Sub amp-pioneer Premier PRS-D1200SPL or PRS-D2000SPL depending on subs
Subs Id run 2 JL 8w7s in a sealed box.( they just move so much air for 8s)I love em. or if you want something bigger some 10w6s again more than enough.
1/0 guage wire
new teminal blocks for battery
big 3 ground and power upgraded.
maybe an extra battery if I could fit it in with out issues.
thats a good start. IMO

the sundown stuff is good allthough I havent seen or heard them in person. elemental design amps are ok from what I hear as well.

3000k will go fast, I hope you can do some work yourself to save some $$ that will help, Im sure a full system like you are looking for will be close to $1500+ to install if you have them take the car apart to do the sounddeadening....

hope this helps
-nick
Old 10-28-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm... where's Bing when you need him? I know there's a guy named Bing on these forums, you might be able to search him. He does sick ___ installs.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Bump
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would first fill my tank with gas.

And if I have enough money left over, I would buy the newest 50 Cent