Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Wheelskins EuroTone or EuroPerf

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wheelskins EuroTone or EuroPerf

OK, all you Wheelskins owners, did you go with the EuroTone (non-perf):

or the EuroPerf (perforated):

You can see many more photos here (including some Scion steering wheels):

http://www.wheelskins.com/image_gallery.php

I'm looking at getting one in red/black for my RS6.0 and can't decide if I want the non-perf or perf. I like the look of the non-perf, but I'm also considering the Clazzio seat covers with the perforated leather red leather inserts and thought the EuroPerf would be a better match.

Anyone know how well the Wheelskins and Clazzio red match? Anyone have both?

PDX_xB
Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump.... anybody have an opinion on this? Solid leather, or perforated? Here's a couple more photos:

Solid (Red/Black):

Perforated (Red/Black):

I'm having a tough time deciding. I like it both ways. I think I may see if they will do one for me with the red perforated, but the black solid - as I think that would be a good match for the Clazzio seat covers I'd like to get down the road.

PDX_xB
Old 09-07-2009, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the solid one better it just looks classier to me the one that is perforated looks like they hit it with a meat tenderizer.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just checked the mailbox about an hour ago, (we've been gone for a couple days), and the samples I had requested from Wheelskins were in the mail. I'm glad I requested the samples. I've decided to go with the solid leather (non-perforated) in red/black (like the top photo in my previous post) for my RS6.0. The solid leather samples look very nice. The red is a deeper red than it appears in the photos (probably a little washed out due to on-camera flash). The black is very nice, as is the gray sample they sent me. Seeing it in person, I just did not care for the look of the perforated leather.

I just placed my order. I purchased it through an eBay reseller for $43.99 (including shipping). Hopefully, it will be here around the end of the week. My nf210s are scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. My rear spoiler should be here around the end of the week. And I also ordered some red G2 caliper paint today. A week from now, my xB should look substantially different than it does today (and I think it already looks great).

PDX_xB
Old 09-07-2009, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They look great! Make sure you take pictures once you have it installed.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member

I just got mine the other day. It took me about an hour to install. When I got it on, I was not happy with the stitch job that I did, then removed and reinstalled it... So about two hours total. Around the spokes I reinforced the stitches with an extra stitch shown in the second picture. This keeps it tight around the spokes. I hate the feel of traditional slip-over wheel covers. This one feels like it is part of the wheel, and am pretty happy with the results.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good. I actually installed mine Monday night. However, I had a problem. I'd gotten it about 80% done when I found a defect. There are two heavy nylon threads that run around the outside of the cover (one for each set of lace holes). The leather is wrapped around these nylon threads and glued to itself. This is what reinforces the holes and keeps them from tearing out when you tighten the laces. My cover came unglued and the nylon threads came out. I did manage to finish installing it, The first 80% looked (and felt) great, but the last 20% didn't look right. I undid it and redid it multiple times, but each time it looked even worse. After about 2 1/2 of fighting with it, I took it off and gave up.

I took a photo of the problem and sent it by email to the seller I purchased it from. By the time I got up Tuesday morning, they had already replied and let em know a replacement was on the way from the manufacturer. I just got home from work and it was waiting for me. I'll probably give it another shot tonight. It's late and I haven't had dinner. But now that I know how the installation process works, I think I can knock it off in about an hour.

PDX_xB
Old 09-19-2009, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member

Another thing that I think can be improved is the spacing of the holes. If they were a little closer together and more evenly spaced I could have done a nice baseball stitch.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brendaneph
I just got mine the other day. It took me about an hour to install. When I got it on, I was not happy with the stitch job that I did, then removed and reinstalled it... So about two hours total. Around the spokes I reinforced the stitches with an extra stitch shown in the second picture. This keeps it tight around the spokes. I hate the feel of traditional slip-over wheel covers. This one feels like it is part of the wheel, and am pretty happy with the results.
I reviewed the possibilities and went with a three panel black slip-over myself (took serious effort to install and definitely doesn't slip). At least IMO, it both looks and feels great. Not suggesting you guys are wrong in your choice, only that this is obviously very much an individual buyer thing. To me, the lacing looks very much aftermarket and not all OE! It's just a question of personal taste !
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TrevorS
I reviewed the possibilities and went with a three panel black slip-over myself (took serious effort to install and definitely doesn't slip). At least IMO, it both looks and feels great. Not suggesting you guys are wrong in your choice, only that this is obviously very much an individual buyer thing. To me, the lacing looks very much aftermarket and not all OE! It's just a question of personal taste !
Pictures????