Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dynamat Install ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Dynamat Install ?

Hey everybody has anyone here removed their headliner to put in some dynamat or similar product? I just want to give it a try this spring since I think my car sounds to tinny when I'm driving in the rain. I did a forum search but have yet to find anything. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by horsefeathers
Hey everybody has anyone here removed their headliner to put in some dynamat or similar product? I just want to give it a try this spring since I think my car sounds to tinny when I'm driving in the rain. I did a forum search but have yet to find anything. Thanks.
I haven't yet, but there are several people on clubxb that have... from what I gather we have to remove the A,B, and C pillars to pull the headliner out. I started on the floor boards with mine... gonna do the doors next and then finally the roof. But I will tell you even with just having done the floor boards the road noise was cut down dramatically.

I know that Dynamat is the namebrand of choice out there, but I used FatMat, which is very reasonable on price and works just as well. You will need a heat gun (around 20-40 dollars at any hardware store), I got mine at Harbor Freight. You will probably also want to get one of those rubber rollers used for laying down linoleum to help press the mat into the contours and get any bubbles out.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I did. Only way to get the roof done.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wish i had the idea to do this when i swapped headliners a few weeks ago. Now i have to drop it down all over again. I will be doing this soon. Hope to do the roof and migrate to the floor.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

I've hit almost everything but the floor. Pretty quiet and the doors shut really solid. I want to deaden the doors more and possibly put some SecondSkin Sludge over all my Damplifier Pro. Make everything a single barrier. Should definitely block out sound.