Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Spring Rates & Ride Height Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member

I'm
Thinking going with either tein s tech or eibach sportlines. Anyone can tell me wi ch ones goes lower and which one has better performance on a less stiff ride? Thx
Old 01-23-2014, 03:24 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

really? it's basically all here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223672
Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Hey, I've been creeping on here long enough. I pulled the trigger a couple months ago on the Sportlines. As soon as I ordered them I thought about it and I was afraid they would be too low. After installing them I was pleasantly surprised and, in a way, disappointed. They are not very low. I measured 1.1" drop front and 1.3" rear. There is still a gap between the fender the top of the tire. In a way, this is better for daily driving, but not quite the look I was going for. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I want. I want the tires in the fenders, but don't want to drag the bumpers on everything. I'm not sure it can be done without extensive modification.

Anyway, The springs did not settle after a couple months, but the bushings did, to the heights listed above. The look is far and away better than stock, this is how it should have looked when it rolled off the assembly line. The ride is 9/10. It is slightly stiffer than stock, but the handling is incredible, even without an alignment. Perhaps they used a different source for the control arms on the late-2013's because my car does not seem to suffer from the rear camber issues too badly. They are tilted, but not too much, probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen so many people freaking out about it on here. I haven't got it aligned because it doesn't pull, wear is good on the tires ( I drive a lot of highway miles) and see no reason to deal with it. The handling is now gokart-like, It's a freaking blast to drive down a curvy road and for the first time in my life I've seen a FWD car with oversteer. It's fun. Would definitely recommend to everyone, perfect compromise of height and handling. Didn't have any pics on this computer, except the stock 4x4 lift. I'll post some up tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is actually just about exactly how I fell about the TRD springs. Sounds like a similar drop too.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:06 PM

Here are the pictures of the car.

Hope this helps
Old 01-24-2014, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Helps me haha. I ordered sport line by Eibach and the drop is lower than yours, was worried on how low yours looked haha

Sent from JARVIS