Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Looking for XB Braun rampvan owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 12:56 AM

Default Looking for XB Braun rampvan owners

I just found one with 87k miles, 2006. It's got a few issues and I wanted to compare notes with anyone that has one. They are pretty rare. My first question is what is the normal pressure cutoffs for the lift bags? The gauge on the manifold on mine is broken I think and I can't get a tire pressure gauge to read properly. I called a repair place and they said 95 lb off which seems low for tank pressure. The current switch has no part number and is leaking out the diaphragm.

Any help would be great!

John
Old 10-20-2022, 09:12 PM

more info. I got a bike gauge with schrader valve attachment to measure the pressure at the valve stem. I thought this had to be the overall system pressure, but it turns out its an emergency release/fill for the bags in case the compressor dies.

40psi kneeling, 50 psi raised a little bit after stowing the ramp. 70 psi in drive transmission position. surprisingly, shifting to reverse does not fully raise the body of the car.

I got under the car and noted the gas tank shield had been dragged a bit. I think its probably aluminum, but might be stainless. magnet doesn't stick. its been painted black, not anodized I'm pretty sure. It dragged enough to separate into two pieces and seems to be missing about an inch of length at the lowest point. fabbing a replacement will probably be cheaper than buying from braun. once I remove it, the weight should make it obvious what material it is.

Last edited by snickerzz; 10-20-2022 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling and add'l info
Old 04-25-2024, 02:55 PM

Default Braun xb rampvan owner to

Mine is a 06 Braun ramp van as well. The bags on my will deflate but not inflate. Trying to find out what I can do to fix them. Also mine does this things when the back door opens and it’s dewy or cold at least is what I think is the door try’s to close before the ramp deploys. Any help would be appreciated. Mine only has 30,000 miles on it
Old 04-28-2024, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by megaboo
Mine is a 06 Braun ramp van as well. The bags on my will deflate but not inflate. Trying to find out what I can do to fix them. Also mine does this things when the back door opens and it’s dewy or cold at least is what I think is the door try’s to close before the ramp deploys. Any help would be appreciated. Mine only has 30,000 miles on it
Probably a sensor thing for the door.

For the inflate and deflate, it could be one of the solenoid valves. If you swap them (remember the connectors) and the problem swaps, it likely the solenoid valve. I have good news and bad news there. The official one is special built for the OEM. I contacted a mac valve salesman who located a similar one (low and high temp and some other attribute).

Try the swap to make sure you are on the right track (you may need to fill manually to verify). Report back and we'll work from there

--John

​​