Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

TapTurn Flasher Relay Upgrade/Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TapTurn Flasher Relay Upgrade/Replacement

After getting some advice from the great folks on this Forum where I learned that the OEM Flasher Rely on my '13 XB could be removed by just pulling it straight out. I installed a TapTurn Flasher Relay replacement/upgrade arrived. Works great. Truly was plug-n-play - took less than 5 minutes.

Here's a link if anyone else is interested: autowindow.com
(It was shipped from Canada.)

The TapTurn upgrade options I like the most:
1). Compatible with all LED bulb types & prevents "hyperblinking". Mix-n-matching LED bulbs from different vendors at opposite ends of the vehicle will work & best of all no load resistors needed. (Now I can proceed with LED upgrades without hassle.)

2). Arrival-Departure Lighting - While parked, the remote to lock/unlock lights all the signal bulbs illuminate steadily (not blinking) for about a minute. The lights turn off automatically via timer or when you start the car. This will add a little extra lighting in the dark for safety.

3). Different hazard flashing patterns. The traditional 4-way hazards work or you can select other patterns like Wig-Wag or slow Wig-Wag (side-to-side alternating flashes). Cool way to draw attention at car shows or when stuck on the side of the road.

The TapTurn adds other options (I ordered the StrobePack) too - all of which work great.

Of course, $109.00 (including shipping) is not cheap ($89 with shipping, if you don't opt for the StrobePack option), but I like it enough I'm gonna order another one for my wife's xD.