Notices

Wheel Hub Assembly Part # for Rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM
PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wheel Hub Assembly Part # for Rear

Hey I may have posted originally in the wrong section, so my apologies in advance... but:

Greetings All,

Haven't been here in a while. Having wheel hub issues after my warranty is past-due :-(. Was wondering if there were any cheaper solutions for a wheel hub assembly for the rear?

alldatapro.com lists:

6 - Hub & Bearing Assembly 4245012090 $336.64

I've looked at timken parts on amazon that i've seen being reference on other scion boards:

But I'm hesitant in seeing that it could be a potential cross-issue (looks like it's more for the xb1 first gen) or why is it even listed there as compatible? i wouldnt' think xb1 and xb2 wheel hubs would be???

toyotapartszone.com:

lists what i think is right based off alldata info and talking to local stealership --same price :-(

rockauto.com lists the following as the ONLY rear hub assembly available:
NATIONAL Part # 512418 Hub Assembly

part is more than oem at toyotapartzone though there is random coupons available for rockauto.com for like 5%.

BAH iono. I just wanna see if anyone else out there ran into this issue? did you just bite the bullet pay the 275$ for the wheel hub? or is the amazon the same exact thing?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IDK, have you tried here, http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214631

EDIT:That didn't work, maybe this, http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Old 07-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Hey, wish I would have registered on here earlier. I am having the same trouble. I went to Autozone and purchsed the Timken ones, only to have them show up a week later with a 4-lug bolt pattern. I called Timken directly and they do have the part, but scion froze it and it is only available to dealerships.

I called around and I am getting one from National (Moog), part number 512418. It is coming from 3guysautoparts.com for $210. But I have had a hell of a time looking for these things. Did you buy the national one? Does it have the 5 lugs, would be great to know that I am not waiting around again for a dead end.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 AM

Hey tstorm did you get the part from 3guys? If so was it a good fit and good quality thanks.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Yes, I did get the part. chose ground shipping got here friday. Everthing fit, no issues. I feel a lot better that I paid $210 vs over $400 from dealer, advanced auto parts, o'reileys.

It will come branded either Moog and National - that is what Rockauto.com says. You can save a little bit of money if you search ebay, then visit their store and order it directly. Good luck

Last edited by tstorm; 07-31-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: needed more info
Old 10-01-2011, 08:43 PM
PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys,

just to update (sorry for the late update; i don't frequent this board as much). i bought my rear hub from rockauto.com with a 5% coupon, if you fish around other forums you can find one. I order a ton of parts from rockauto for my talon there as well, good stuff!

anyway, product was great! installation was pretty smooth as well everything bolted up correctly, just had a slight issue getting the wheel off the hub cus it was seized.

the OEM one was clearly bad as I could hear the bearing imperfections as i turned it with my hand.

car is a lot quieter now!
Old 10-15-2011, 03:45 PM
SL Member

I think I am having this exact same issue right now. I'm going to my shop to check out why my rear is progressively getting louder somewhere in the hub area(s)... I also think that $300+ is crazy, but i do have 92,000 on 'er with very few if any major issues... and want the quiet ride back.

Thanks for keepin us notified...
Old 10-15-2011, 09:00 PM

Check out 3guysautoparts.com That is where I ended up getting mine hub assembly. DO NOT GO TO AUTOZONE. They only stock a 4 lug assembly for 08, which will keep you waiting.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 PM

I know this is a (very) late response but I just got back from the dealer$hip and they want $754.63 + tax to do a R/R bearing hub assembly and wiring harness. The issue I was having was/is VSC, ABS, and BRAKE lights all lit (no check engine light). So my question is this: (actually 2) - Was the job very difficult for a guy with slightly above average car repair knowledge (I have a compressor and mechanics tools). And also - the wiring harness - was that an issue for those of you that changed it? THanks in advance
Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 AM

There shouldn't be any "wiring" other then disconnecting and reconnecting the abs plug.

BTW, How did you guys remove your rear hub? I tried pounding it by putting a socket over the abs sensor and hitting it with a hammer. That guy is not moving and now that area is dented in bad. Is there a special tool of some sort?
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did the same EXACT thing, foolishly denting the plastic cover on the back of the hub. What we did was spray WD40 around the edge of the hub where it sets in, put the rotor back on backwards, hand tightened three lug nuts, and hit the rotor with a rubber mallet. This was on my tC1, but still same concept. Gotta love improvising in a pinch as it was getting late in the evening.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 AM

Mine was very tough and seized like crazy. I knocked out the lug bolts then beat downward on top of the bearing. First I disconnected the abs sensor, just incase the part went flying(didn't want it pulling out more wires). Finally about a half bottle of PB blaster and a 2lb sledge it knocked off.