Notices
Scion tC 1G Owners Lounge
2005-2010 [ANT10]

optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!

Update 12/05:

Update 12/04:

Steppin' it up!

Rockin' Bride Ergo II's, Takata short harnesses, Sparco harness bar, and an OEM lip kit now! Quite a weekend!
I got a Moroso kill switch and Nukabe tow hooks in the deal too, neither will probably end up on the car, but there were holes slit/drilled into the bumpers that I'll need to address sometime in the future but for now and for the pricing of it all, lol, I'll deal with it.

Here's some pictures of the carnage on my car before it all went together!

Update 11/26:

Was in Houston for Thanksgiving w/ family and got to ride in my Uncles turbo Miata! 241whp he says, teeny tiny car!

Update 11/22:

Winter mode! Snowed today, and got this done last Sunday (11/14) so just in time and it looks great imho!

Stockies painted white w/ Blizzak LM60's in OEM sizing, raised an inch all around, set rear sway to "street" setting instead.

5/07 Photoshoot:

Went out and did a photoshoot 5/08 with a friend during a meet & greet we had, thought I'd finally make myself a thread!

Thanks for any input/opinions/etc.. I like constructive criticism and it's cool if you hate my car or if it just doesn't jive with you I know what it's like, but don't fight in my thread please.

Not all of these are the best pictures ever either but I'm learning and they'll often include friends, this guy here happens to be 'nonmindo' here on the forums.

All of this shoot was done with my Nikon D90 w/ 35mm f/1.8 w/ aperture priority set with iso auto-ing up to 400 and trimmed/cropped/rotated in Lightroom and HDR/processing in PS, again, still learning all that stuff too, thanks for stopping by!

Alright, so here we go!

Last edited by optional; 04-17-2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

car looks great man. my only complaint is of how low it is. i dont like that slmmed look. your car would look great if it was just a tad higher.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mos_Def
car looks great man. my only complaint is of how low it is. i dont like that slmmed look. your car would look great if it was just a tad higher.
it'd be higher if my wheel fitment was better, but I like this look with these wheels, i'd love to stance it out but i'd need a but more aggressive wheel first.

i also probably wouldn't be so low with a lipkit cause it'd still look lower to me without actually being so low.

thanks for chiming in though, love your wheels man and i fall in and out of love with the 5a kit, probably gonna go oem for myself.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Those HDR's came out nice dude. And I want your grillllsssss
Old 05-08-2010, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ASquared150
Those HDR's came out nice dude. And I want your grillllsssss
the HDR is a little over done for me, I'm more of a subtle HDR look, but I'll tweak it a bit better over the course of this thread, those are made up for a ton of images all taken with a tripod at different exposure settings on my camera, have been toying with that just the past few days, PS CS5 merged.

this is my favorite grill for the tC, with the RS3 grill and the 5a grill coming in tied for second, and seeing how the RS3 legit grill costs an arm and a leg and the 5a grill doesn't actually exist except for on like, 3 cars... i'm happy with these, couldn't beat the price either, 50 shipped for the set here on SL haha.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM
SL Member

Daaaaaaamn, I love those wheels man!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TxtC27
Daaaaaaamn, I love those wheels man!
hah, i love the look, hate the weight, hate the fitment, but i bought these like, 3 years ago with no knowledge of cars at all just 'omg 18's!' but yeah, they've done me well, i make captainlaziness miss his every time i post my car though hah, although him and iheartzombies are my inspiration for my car in lots of little ways.

car was dirty in this shoot btw too, haha!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PNW reppin!!!! Love the car man!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
PNW reppin!!!! Love the car man!!!
Haha, PNW ftw!

I love your seats and your c-pillar bar, I'm gonna get one and paint it red soon here, it's cheap enough, but I'm just lazy haha.

Hopefully there's a large enough event soon here where either I can meet you or you can meet me cause I love your car too!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Car toys show or formula drift maybe!!?? Will see if n e other events come up.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
Car toys show or formula drift maybe!!?? Will see if n e other events come up.
Seeing as I'm going to both, you better step up on your end and show up haha!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like it man looks great. I still feel you'd be much happier with VRD grills. They sit more flush.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mos_Def
wow, this has got to be the first time i hear this on scion life, usually you see NEEEDS MOAR LOW!!!!

lol

oh and p.s. NEEEDS MOAR LOW!!!!! lol
Old 05-08-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member

love the hood, looks pimp :-D
Old 05-08-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is a very sweet ride! Those rims look really good, what are they? Tbh, the only problems I saw were with the xB not your car. I like the TBL red tint.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics came out good!

35mm FTW! I love mine, I just wish I knew how to use PS lol
Old 05-08-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionSnowman
I like it man looks great. I still feel you'd be much happier with VRD grills. They sit more flush.
Really? Mine sit more flush than the VRD's, because it's actually flush, not sunk in like the VRD's are. I don't like the VRD's that much, I'd go RS1 in a heartbeat though.

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
wow, this has got to be the first time i hear this on scion life, usually you see NEEEDS MOAR LOW!!!!

lol

oh and p.s. NEEEDS MOAR LOW!!!!! lol
Haha, well, MOAR LOW and BETTER STANCE are completely different things I think, I wish my fronts were lower to tuck the same amount of tire as the rears, I'd rather get spacers and raise it up a bit to stance it better though, but I'd rather have different/better wheels before dealing with that.

Originally Posted by Firefly17
love the hood, looks pimp :-D
Yes it does! Kami hood ftmfw, deal of the century too, 400$! Got it from a local scene guy here who's super cool ran into some financial trouble and had to part some stuff, super cool guy though, hope everything works out for him!

It still boggles my mind when the lighting/angle blends it all in with the FM so it looks painted, freaks me out haha.

Also another fellow local tC owner (Kanchi) had an extra hood strut and the previous owner had the top mount already on the hood (washer nozzles too!) so he helped me install it when I was up there getting some dent removal from another awesome local tC owner (alienvictim)!

Originally Posted by fewjative
That is a very sweet ride! Those rims look really good, what are they? Tbh, the only problems I saw were with the xB not your car. I like the TBL red tint.
They're Tenzo Type-M Version 1 18x8 +45 in Charcoal, I love the style, I dislike the protruding spokes though, I've curbed them a few times on only those parts, ugh.. Also they're heavy as heck.. Wish I had the +35 version, those are a bit more concave, or even the 9.5" wide ones are more concave of course too.

Funny about the TBL, I ordered straight red and it came red tinted, so I'm kinda meh on the thing, also it split in two after about a week, so I had to reseal it, that's what I get for going eBay this time though.. hah.

The xB is a good friend of mine, he's got some AWESOME wheels coming (not super nice but really match his theme) and there's a great photoshop of that.... here:

I think this looks awesome, the contrasting colors and such (this is before he had his current grills though, which I like a lot better imho) and I personally like the style a lot, and isn't that what it's all about though? modding the car for yourself? He loves it so that's what matters.

Originally Posted by FlintMica2005
pics came out good!

35mm FTW! I love mine, I just wish I knew how to use PS lol
One of your pics with the 35mm and my friend having gotten one recently and loving it was the reason I got mine! It's SO AMAZING!

I'm a PS beginner for sure, I didn't even bother spot healing any dents here or such things this time around because they didn't show too much this time and I'm not good at being exact in the program I can only do general things, the HDR merge is easy though..

Last edited by optional; 05-08-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

its such a great lens for the price, so sharp. I haven't taken it off since I've gotten it 2-3 months ago lol.

can't wait to see more pics man! your car looks amazing! and bc of you I got the hellasunk sticker in teal/white
Old 05-08-2010, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica2005
its such a great lens for the price, so sharp. I haven't taken it off since I've gotten it 2-3 months ago lol.

can't wait to see more pics man! your car looks amazing! and bc of you I got the hellasunk sticker in teal/white
HAHA! That's the same with my 35, my 18-105 VR (kit lens for the D90) is just sitting in the bottom of my camera bag all packed up.. It's so crazy fast and sharp, so happy with it, I'm trying to get my GF's dad to get it too because he doesn't have anything like this and he tried it for a weekend and LOVED IT.

I've got a ton more, I'll probably just add them up in this thread until I end up getting some more taken whenever, weather is getting nicer too up here which is awesome!

All of my vinyl's are totally fake haha, my friend has a plotter and I just bought a roll of metallic gold and he's done everything for me so far, super cool of him to do that, probably won't mention his name for fear of copyright stuff etc.. blah blah.. I just preferred a single color setup/roll-call kinda thing.

Your car keeps making me want a CF RS1 lip but I think that OEM is my destiny haha, Kami Flush mount is on the list too! You also make me want fog overlays, if only for protection of the glass in case of rocks, but I also like the clean clear look of it.

add me into the nikon squad, didn't know it was a user group haha!

Last edited by optional; 05-08-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB looks sooo much better with those rims, that was my only problem.

Quick Reply: optional's pic thread! now w/moar Bride/Corbeau/Sparco/OEM gfx/Yakima!