Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

06 CIVIC IS FINNALY OUT

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Well I dont see anything great about the new civic other than the tach and speedo. Also with the navi for 2k extra Id rather stick with a scion and by the eclipse or kenwood navi. I still dont get what the fuss is about the concept was decent but it still just a civic.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dante
that Si is nice, 6sp, 200hp, LSD and under 20k. High-revving engine, lighweight, and responds well to boost. Will be interesting to see boosted Si's vs boosted tCs, although I'd guess with the LSD it might end up a bit ahead...
Where do you see it'll respond well to boost? The non-Si engine sports a CR of 10.5:1, not exactly the CR I'd prefer to add boost to. At 201-hp, the RSX-S has a CR of 11:1. I'd imagine in order to get the HP, the SI will have a similar CR.

The tC has a CR of 9.6:1, much better to add boost to a NA engine. Up the CR of the tC's engine to 11:1 and you'd more than likely have alot more than 200HP NA.

You can easily add an aftermarket LSD to a tC, I don't think the turbo'd tC's are going to scared of any new Civic, boosted or not.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jmiller20874
Where do you see it'll respond well to boost? The non-Si engine sports a CR of 10.5:1, not exactly the CR I'd prefer to add boost to. At 201-hp, the RSX-S has a CR of 11:1. I'd imagine in order to get the HP, the SI will have a similar CR.

The tC has a CR of 9.6:1, much better to add boost to a NA engine. Up the CR of the tC's engine to 11:1 and you'd more than likely have alot more than 200HP NA.

You can easily add an aftermarket LSD to a tC, I don't think the turbo'd tC's are going to scared of any new Civic, boosted or not.

you don't know too much about the K20 motor, do you?

here's a hint: http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/20...x/article.html

add in the fact that it's about 75-100lbs lighter, with shorter gearing (just a guess due to the 6sp, not positive on this one though), *and* it comes with factory LSD to put that power to the ground, and it's not going to be a pushover by any means.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love it and i hate it, does that make sense?
Old 09-17-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MonkeySan
I don't know why you think you could get an Si for under 20 grand. The pricing for the EX is almost 19, so I am sure that adding the upgraded engine and other enhancements would jack that price up. Has anyone actually seen the actual MSRP listed for the '06 Si? If you could get it for under 20k, it would be a steal of a car, because that is way under the Acura Type S. The price comparison for the Scion tC should be the Honda EX, because it has similar equipment and power.
The Civic EX starts at $18,260. Honda has said for a while they were trying to keep the Si affordable. No official pricing has been released yet, but $19,600 is the figure most people are tossing around. It's not going to be anywhere near as expensive as the RSX-S.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
Originally Posted by MonkeySan
I don't know why you think you could get an Si for under 20 grand. The pricing for the EX is almost 19, so I am sure that adding the upgraded engine and other enhancements would jack that price up. Has anyone actually seen the actual MSRP listed for the '06 Si? If you could get it for under 20k, it would be a steal of a car, because that is way under the Acura Type S. The price comparison for the Scion tC should be the Honda EX, because it has similar equipment and power.
The Civic EX starts at $18,260. Honda has said for a while they were trying to keep the Si affordable. No official pricing has been released yet, but $19,600 is the figure most people are tossing around. It's not going to be anywhere near as expensive as the RSX-S.
The RSX-S is over priced for what it is. Should sale it for around $20k even, but because it has Acura badges, it goes for more. So the price of the EX went up about $500 I think? Dang, so the whole line of civics probably became more costly. What ever happend to the cheap car everyone could buy?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chucksu
The RSX-S is over priced for what it is. Should sale it for around $20k even, but because it has Acura badges, it goes for more. So the price of the EX went up about $500 I think? Dang, so the whole line of civics probably became more costly. What ever happend to the cheap car everyone could buy?
Agreed about the RSX-S. The whole Civic line went up, but I'm pretty sure all the models have more standard features. You can still get a cheap Civic; the DX is only $14,360. But, it doesn't have a radio.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agreed about the RSX-S. The whole Civic line went up, but I'm pretty sure all the models have more standard features. You can still get a cheap Civic; the DX is only $14,360. But, it doesn't have a radio.
Thats funny about the DX. Makes me wonder if it has AC standard now.

Just took a look, nope nothing really in the good stuff as standard. Sure it has ABS, & side curtain air bags, but no power windows, seats, locks, AC & stuff like that. Honda is killing itself on the low scale side. I guess thats just the way they make there money. Make the only civic that comes standard with most of it / has it as a option, being the EX
Old 09-17-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In true stripper fashion, no. But it does have power windows!
Old 09-17-2005, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In true stripper fashion, no. But it does have power windows!
That is odd.. One screen says it does have PW, http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Coupe that one shows it as not on there maybe it does have PW, just not one touch feature
Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is odd.. One screen says it does have PW, http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Coupe that one shows it as not on there maybe it does have PW, just not one touch feature
Yeah that's weird. I got the info from hondanews. http://www.hondanews.com/CatID2014?m...57300&mime=asc
There it says power windows are standard on the DX, but you only get auto up/down on LX and higher models.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

I just hope that the SI would come out sooner so people would stop buying tC.

Less people with tC, less people to turn it to rice.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by I-R-Blue
I just hope that the SI would come out sooner so people would stop buying tC.

Less people with tC, less people to turn it to rice.
I think the tC will still out sale the Si for a little while at least for the first year production & until the aftermarket embraces the new civic. It has a 5 lug wheel pattern now, so that puts it into a whole different ball park for wheel makers that cattered to the civic.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

If 5-speed 140hp EX coupe is $18200 and Si is $19600, What kind of sick individual would buy the EX? Who wants to bet that Si (with LSD, 6speed, bigger wheels) will be in the $21K+ territory?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zoltiz
If 5-speed 140hp EX coupe is $18200 and Si is $19600, What kind of sick individual would buy the EX? Who wants to bet that Si (with LSD, 6speed, bigger wheels) will be in the $21K+ territory?
Im guessing, unless that truly shows how over priced honda tags the top of the line EX. Its a joke of a car that probably only cost $15000 to make
Old 09-17-2005, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Si WILL NOT BE UNDER 20K. I actually think it is poised to take over the spot of the Acura Type S, which will probably be replaced by a much more muscualar sporty car (and probably around $30k to keep Acura in the luxury car market). I think the Civic EX will probably be a great buy for the price, and will no doubt be rated as a "Best Buy" by all the auto mags because it is a Civic. I think Honda has put a lot of effort into the design, but the output is just plain strange. The tC is pretty conservative in shape, and the Civic is obviously trying hard to stand out because it has been a bland car for years. Although i prefer the tc, I think the two cars are pretty evenly matched and it would come down to personal preference. As far as the drivetrain is concerned, Honda has not deviated from the last few years, so I would expect a new Civic to perform like an old one, albeit with a bit more power/torque. Honda is shrewd. They want a "new look" to draw people back to the Civic, but they know that Civic buyers want a reliable, slightly above average-performing car.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

NO way the SI will be priced below 20k. the EX is over 20k if you jast add the nav system. with a SOHC 1.8 l economy Vtec (wich makes the current EX a much better buy imo) The new EX is way over the mark to even think about competing with the tC.. so the SI will in no way be able to beat the tC pricing. Even the Supercharged tC will be cheaper. What honda did was make a great competetor for thier own Acura RSX.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks good
Old 09-17-2005, 01:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first off thanks for your replies. now, where was i. o, yes , who would turn the tc into a ricer its close to 3,000lb. Two i believe the new si is going to cost about teh same as the ep3.
3 who would by a ex or a lx i would get a dx or an si and mod it for preformance.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

looks like a small version of my old 3.0 CL

Quick Reply: 06 CIVIC IS FINNALY OUT