Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   All Other Vehicles (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/all-other-vehicles-1643/)
-   -   06 CIVIC IS FINNALY OUT (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/all-other-vehicles-1643/06-civic-finnaly-out-34843/)

xavier 09-17-2005 02:17 PM

I think the new civic design is either love it or hate it. I personally dont like the sedan although someone has done a sedan chop that looks great:
I have the 2az solara and while I like torque and style, I may sell for an SI. thats the only one that I'd really consider buying and I wouldnt buy until the frenzy is over and I can get it for invoice. Something about 22/30 mpg with 200+ hp (the si testers for sema are already known to have been under rated..a broken in SI made about 218 on a dynopack stock less airbox), lsd and nav kinda makes me get warm and fuzzy. I dont really like the DBW system but I think I can get over it. Here is a chop of the sedan that I liked:

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...civicsedan.jpg

sptc01 09-17-2005 02:20 PM

not to bad...actually a pretty good bang for the buck...SI rated at just about 200hp vtec-i, 6spd...its basically a civic with a B-series motor..or a k-series motor in it...it would probably be cheaper if you just bought a dx and do the swap yorself.....or you could pay 20k and have it already done for you

KevinxB 09-17-2005 09:16 PM

Everyone claiming that the Si will or will not be this price or that needs to post a source for their information.

whitedelTC 09-17-2005 09:40 PM

let the civic owners go buy a ex for 18500, whats the si gonna cost 22,000? i currently own a civic but my tc was ordered 2 weeks ago. i cant wait to give that piece of ____ away

chucksu 09-17-2005 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by notintheface
3 who would by a ex or a lx i would get a dx or an si and mod it for preformance.

:eyebrow: That in fact is my goal. Just not with a new civic :no: Once my 6 months of constant insurance comes around (price will drop by about 50%) I will be in the market for a little project car. As it stands, I want to find a 1988 CRX or Civic Hatch. That would be my platform. Go with a complete www.fastbrakes.com brake upgrade on all 4 corners. Then get some suspension work, wheels, tires, braces & call that part done. Gut the thing out, get some light weight racing styled seats. Now the real joke of my build, that I know I would catch dirt for (going for different, not like everone else.)

The engine Iwould use is............ The mighty D15B7 engine. Thats right, the 1.5L found in the older DX cars. I would then take a D16 VTEC head & swap it on. Build up the interneals with good aftermarket parts. Get this little 1.5L VTEC engine running a 9 to 1 CR. Tune it right, so the little beast can rev up near 10,000k or so on a daily baises. Then drop in a bolt on turbo kit & tune the hell out of it. Run a cool 9psi on the daily streetable car. Then have the normal things, a full 2.5" down pipe back exhaust (3" to big for this size of turbo engine). Also have a stage 2 clutch & light weight racing flywheel.

With all that stuff, I would wager a car that weighs right at 2,000LBs. The engine, I would guess would be up in the ball park of 200-230whp :lalala: The thing I would love about this is, the insane red line :rofl: I would use it just to toy with ppl. Hey look Im in 5th gear @ 45 mph, then just drop it down to second gear & hear it scream :rolling: :rolling: Thats my dream civic :bow:

notintheface 09-18-2005 12:17 PM

i would buy the civic because its cheaper 14 grand compared to 16 grand. also i have been tring to tell people on the forms that the tc is 1.5 tons. teh civic is 2500 lb. Weigh has a lot to do with things. braking distance is increased with heavier cars. turning is slower with heavier cars. don't get started with the tc having 20 more hp than the civic. the civic is lighter so it doesn't need as bigg as a motor to take it to the same speed as the tc does. Finnaly as some other people have said. with in a year there are going to be more aftermarket parts for the civic than the tc.

TimmyT 09-18-2005 01:35 PM

^^^
Not only does the tC have more HP, it also has more torque and a closer gear ratio than the civic. Wich anyone will tell you Gear ratio and more rotational power can compensate for a larger vehicle. tC curb weight is 2905 lbs manual tranny. and Since the tC has a lower redline you reach your powerband b4 the civic. With much more power throughout all points of acceleration especially b4 5 grand.

notintheface 09-18-2005 02:27 PM

teh tc is still heavier than the civic by 400 pounds. to get the tc to the civic's weigh you would have to have cf everything hood, fenders, hatch, doors etc... a lot of weigh is bad for preformace

Fixtion 09-18-2005 06:37 PM

I've given up on the tc's ability to "perform" on a realistic level(based on money, mechanical know-how) after watching a base rsx whipp the crap out of a tc... I'd just buy the tC for the looks, there isn't even a company out there mass producing a projector headlight conversion . . . where is the damn aftermarket on this car. TRF LIp Spoiler? Whatever happened to that?!

jmiller20874 09-19-2005 03:43 PM

You say a 'base' RSX whipped the crap out of a tC? The tC driver must of really sucked or had an auto.

Base RSX Manual
0-60 in 7.5sec
1/4 mile in 16sec

tC Manual
0-60 in 7.4sec
1/4 mile in 15.7sec

Purely a drivers race.

notintheface 09-21-2005 07:02 PM

the base rsx is about 150 to 200 pounds lighter than the tc.

jmiller20874 09-21-2005 08:45 PM

Point? It also has a lot less torque.

Fixtion sent me the video, it was NO 'base' RSX. It beat the tC by like 3-4 car lengths, no 'base' RSX will do that. Period.