Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Another slow build thread - 2011 WRX 5dr *new rear sway 06-09-13*

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can understand that! I never know what I want to do. One day i want to keep the tC and keep adding stuff, next day I want to keep it and do nothing else to it, then the next day I want to sell it! lol
Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know the feeling! lol I want to tune the car but I'm paranoid. I have the money set aside if something were to happen though. I would probably just stick with something simple like a stage 1 accessport..but eventually i would start adding more and more and before I know it I'm wondering where the hell my money went and why is my car so much faster

It doesn't help that COBB's SoCal shop is only about 30min from me on surface streets
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just thought I would share that my gf joined the Subaru family 05/05/12 and bought herself a used 09 forester X. Awesome car! I actually looked at the xt foresters at one point. I love these things.

Name:  82e6b98a.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  56.3 KB

Huge upgrade for her IMO. She was driving a ford focus zx3 that she hated from day 1 and constantly had problems and bad luck with it.

Last edited by XIEmperorIX; 05-06-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

How's the car treating you? A couple months ago I ordered a '13 WRX Limited. So excited for it to come in.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's awesome. Congratulations! The car is treating me fine. Haven't been doing any mods, just driving it. I went to Hawaii for a week last month and I am also trying to save money and modding isn't effective for saving lol
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, it sure isn't haha. They're great cars as-is, shouldn't be hard to enjoy without mods. That's why I wanna keep mine stock-ish for a while (if that's even possible).
Old 10-09-2012, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Lol you will get bit by the bug eventually. It's one of those things. I'd love to get a tune an tighten up the chassis with some better bushings and sways but I don't want to screw with the warranty and I love the way it rides as it is. I don't have much use to make the car perform either. Not like I track it or anything.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nothing car related but excited anyway so thought I would share. I got a new job! Pretty fat pay bump and it's a career path I've been trying to go find a job in for the past couple of years. Not sure if it means anything new for the subie (other than paying it off ASAP!) but we'll see.

but yeah..NEW JOB IS AWESOME JOB!
Old 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BUMP!! whats going on with this thing?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm hardly on here anymore lol so yeah..missed the bump..nothing really. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. Lost my job and was unemployed for about a month, started the new job a few weeks ago.

Nothing going on car related so I haven't been posting. I guess the most exciting thing is I had to take my car to have the clutch looked at because the pedal was making a lot of noises which got fixed under warranty.

I've also been focusing a lot on music and a lot of my spending money has been going towards that (when I have it).

https://soundcloud.com/ottsauce nothing much on there but if you want to check it out and follow me for when I update go for it. Waiting for the semester to let out and my new guitar to get here before I start laying down more tracks.

Also trying to save up to get a place with the g/f and get an engagement ring so I can pop the question.
Not to I have a hard time modding the car because, quite honestly, I love it the way it is so I can't find anything I really NEED to buy.

....anyway enough with my life story over the last couple months. How's about a peecture??

Name:  487263_4150674092777_282060762_n.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  39.6 KB
Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Been enjoying mine nothing new with yours? What was wrong with the clutch? Did you return it to stock, or they didn't mind your mods?

Name:  image_zpsa354911e.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  73.7 KB
Old 06-05-2013, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha nice pic man! Glad to see you picked on up. I was just in Denver this past weekend too!

and nah nothing really new. I installed a Kartboy pitch stop mount back in november and that's about it. I'm actually thinking about getting a COBB rear sway bar with kartboy end links to tighten the suspension up a bit.

As for my clutch: The clutch release lever pivot was dried out. Something happened to the lubrication on it and it got worn and was making a pretty nasty squeaky sound and made my clutch really tight. They replaced it under warranty and the car has been fine since. Didn't have any issues with mods thank goodness! I was worried the pitch stop mount might have hurt my warranty but luckily it didn't.

I want to autocross mine so bad. I keep saying I'm going to do it but I never get around to it :/
Old 06-05-2013, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok..just got bit by the mod bug again..maybe it was all those fun roads in Colorado this past weekend but I had to do it lol Just ordered a Cobb rear sway with kartboy endlinks to match! Can't wait!

Also in while in CO, our rental was a 2013 subaru outback (awesome car btw) and I loved the arm rest being up a little higher so I ordered the arm rest extension and the JPM coachworks leather arm rest cover to match my JPM ebrake and shift boots. :D
Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Washed the car yesterday. My g/f's cat approves.

Name:  null_zpsa6aff755.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  66.2 KB

Also took the time today to install my COBB rear sway and Kartboy endlinks. Install was fairly simple. The car feels so much better. I love it! Took away the body roll that always kind of bothered me about the car. Haven't really put it through it's paces yet but definitely noticed a huge difference with the short test drive I took afterwards!

Name:  null_zps6b4bae5f.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  52.4 KB

and my failed attempt of a pic under the car with the new sway bar on

Name:  null_zps077bb08b.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  34.5 KB
Old 06-21-2013, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by XIEmperorIX
Haha nice pic man! Glad to see you picked on up. I was just in Denver this past weekend too!

and nah nothing really new. I installed a Kartboy pitch stop mount back in november and that's about it. I'm actually thinking about getting a COBB rear sway bar with kartboy end links to tighten the suspension up a bit.

As for my clutch: The clutch release lever pivot was dried out. Something happened to the lubrication on it and it got worn and was making a pretty nasty squeaky sound and made my clutch really tight. They replaced it under warranty and the car has been fine since. Didn't have any issues with mods thank goodness! I was worried the pitch stop mount might have hurt my warranty but luckily it didn't.

I want to autocross mine so bad. I keep saying I'm going to do it but I never get around to it :/
Nice! When you were in Denver, I was out of town. What is the pitch stop mount? I've never heard of it...That's awesome they replaced it. Subaru is known to deny warranty claims for the smallest of things. Sounds like you found a good dealer for warranty work! Give autocross a shot! I'm addicted, it's so much fun. Gives me a reason to not mod the car too. I'm in a stock class where very few mods are allowed.
Ok..just got bit by the mod bug again..maybe it was all those fun roads in Colorado this past weekend but I had to do it lol Just ordered a Cobb rear sway with kartboy endlinks to match! Can't wait!

Also in while in CO, our rental was a 2013 subaru outback (awesome car btw) and I loved the arm rest being up a little higher so I ordered the arm rest extension and the JPM coachworks leather arm rest cover to match my JPM ebrake and shift boots. :D
Yes, I thought armrest extension was a must. When test driving WRXs before I didn't like the armrest being so low. Being used to the tC, where the armrest is great, I had to get the armrest extension as an option.
Washed the car yesterday. My g/f's cat approves.

Also took the time today to install my COBB rear sway and Kartboy endlinks. Install was fairly simple. The car feels so much better. I love it! Took away the body roll that always kind of bothered me about the car. Haven't really put it through it's paces yet but definitely noticed a huge difference with the short test drive I took afterwards!

and my failed attempt of a pic under the car with the new sway bar on

Nice! Glad to hear it made a difference. It should get rid of some of the understeer this car can have too. Just make sure if you go to auto-x that you're aware it will be more tail-happy at the limit with just a rear bar. Could be fun though
Old 06-22-2013, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pitch stop mount is the mount that braces the engine against the chassis of the car. Basically the factory one is really flimsy and allows the engine to move around a lot. So getting a stronger one keeps the engine from moving as much and causes less wheel hop..least it feels like it does lol hard shifts definitely feel like the car is getting the power down to the wheels better. It's kind of like getting better motor mounts or a similar product to Ingall's "stiffy" that they made for the gen 1 tC awhile back.

From what I understand my dealer is pretty mod friendly in general. That's what I've heard anyway. Seen it mentioned before on NASIOC and a few other random places.

Autocross definitely sounds like a blast. I wouldn't do much to the car because I would love to get a feel for what the car feels like stock before I really get into autocross, although kicking the tail of the car out every now and then sounds awesome haha
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The pitch stop mount is the mount that braces the engine against the chassis of the car. Basically the factory one is really flimsy and allows the engine to move around a lot. So getting a stronger one keeps the engine from moving as much and causes less wheel hop..least it feels like it does lol hard shifts definitely feel like the car is getting the power down to the wheels better. It's kind of like getting better motor mounts or a similar product to Ingall's "stiffy" that they made for the gen 1 tC awhile back.

From what I understand my dealer is pretty mod friendly in general. That's what I've heard anyway. Seen it mentioned before on NASIOC and a few other random places.

Autocross definitely sounds like a blast. I wouldn't do much to the car because I would love to get a feel for what the car feels like stock before I really get into autocross, although kicking the tail of the car out every now and then sounds awesome haha
Haha, you can't really power-over oversteer the WRX much (at least on tarmac, slippery surfaces are another story), but you can get throttle-lift oversteer mid-corner which can be fun, which is exaggerated by the rear sway. The rear bar allows you to get less understeer and rotate the car more, but the drawback is in transitions the rear can be less planted. All it takes is awareness of it and driving style can be easily adjusted. With the tC that was the case when I added a rear bar, the car was a tail-happy handful at first. But once I got used to it, I loved the fact the understeer was greatly reduced.

At least with SCCA, you wouldn't be in a stock class. But I don't think your mods would bump you up to an insane class either. Either way, it'll be fun (don't need to be competitive to enjoy it). But yeah, I tried it and can't get enough!
Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haven't updated in forever..well..

One of my enkeis bent so I am back on stock wheels. Haven't taken the time to take them in and get it fixed. Also went stage 1 with a Cobb ap which is definitely fun but...

Might be trading my 11 in for a 15. I have an order in at my local dealer for a 2015 wrx limited (in wrb of course) only eta I have is may.

I had a chance to see the car in person earlier this month at the Cobb shop here in SoCal and I was blown away by the new car so I couldn't resist reserving one.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Haven't updated in forever..well..

One of my enkeis bent so I am back on stock wheels. Haven't taken the time to take them in and get it fixed. Also went stage 1 with a Cobb ap which is definitely fun but...

Might be trading my 11 in for a 15. I have an order in at my local dealer for a 2015 wrx limited (in wrb of course) only eta I have is may.

I had a chance to see the car in person earlier this month at the Cobb shop here in SoCal and I was blown away by the new car so I couldn't resist reserving one.
Nice, congrats! My '13 is still stock except wheels, tires and catback. '15s are pretty tempting, I've been looking at them too haha.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you seen one in person? Pictures really don't do them justice lol

Quick Reply: Another slow build thread - 2011 WRX 5dr *new rear sway 06-09-13*