Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

drove the porsche cayman S today

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default drove the porsche cayman S today

So I had to get fingerprinted for the FBI and I had my folder that had my "world" with me. (Exams, education credentials, property info, and the title to my 4 vehicles). After lunch at a really nice place to eat today - I noticed something outside at the dealership across the street that I had to drive.

I normally dont drive my boosted tc, but I had it out today. Went over to the lot and the owner comes over. Asks what I am looking at. I replied the porsche. (I have owned a turbo porsche before. I am 29.. ) He looks at me, like "are you serious?" Mind you, I was in a skate tee, athletic shorts, and flip flops, so I might not of looked like someone who should be buying a porsche. I then said wait here, and went and got my 4 titles to my vehicles that were all purchased brand new, except one of my streetbikes that I bought used w/ 4000 miles on it. None financed, all cash.

After showing him that, he jumped to get the keys. Moved some cars around, and wiggled the porsche out. Slapped a mag tag on the back, and I took this thing out and I let it rip. He gave me 30 minutes to drive it, and come back. This thing was freaking SWEET. I am def not trying to buy one, so I may have misled him a bit. (And when I do get another car this year, its either a new twin turbie BMW or a used late mod NSX).

This thing was AWESOME though. I was revving to 8200 rpms, the motor howling, it sounded exotic. MUCH different then my 944 turb. Anyways, I have driven LOTS of high end semi-exotics, and a few exotics, and this is def up there with the best of them. A true drivers car. He kept pushing me to sign and sign , and I told him that Id arrange my own financing and need to run insurance rates through our system (I am an Insurance Agent.)

Anyways - I def recommend taking one of these out for a spin if you ever get the chance. Shifts like butter, howls like a banshee, and handles like a martin luther king dream. It was the highlight of my day. Oh, and I bought a R/C boat too

If it was a decision to be made today, I would still take the BMW twin turbo though. More usable, more mod friendly, and still german. More power. Plus, I like a little bit of turbo lag. Yah.. I know..
Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

you applying to be a fed ?
Old 04-23-2010, 07:26 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats on buying all your cars with drug money
Old 04-23-2010, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
you applying to be a fed ?
hahah no no no. I passed my property and casualty test here in PA and its a federal regulated program. I already have my life and health license and I am setup to get my Accredited Advisor in Insurance. Basically, I am rocking a bunch of designations behind my name. CPCU comes after that. Plus I have a bunch of computer certifications. (A+, Net+, MCSE).
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Prototype_xB
Congrats on buying all your cars with drug money
hahahah
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would the fed need to see the title to ur 4 vehicles? I understand the exma and education credit but the vehicle titles is weird.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cayman S is def a sweet car. lucky you got to drive it!!