Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Honda Fit or Scion xA

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Default Honda Fit or Scion xA

Yeah, I know, what am I thinking.....(Trading in the tC for a Scion xA or Honda Fit) I need to trade my tC in because of the high gas prices, car note and the insurance. I was woundering what your guys opinion is on the Honda Fit vs Scion xA. I am looking for something that is able to get me to work,school, and home and enjoy the ride. I am not looking for lots of power but I do want some since I do have a Nitrous Powered tC......Any thoughts or suggestions.....Thanks.....
Old 08-18-2006, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dumb question to ask on a Scion site.

However, if you have to get a Fit, at least get the sport model. But be prepared to pay quite a bit more than an xA.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

I know how I will get a lot of biased opinions but hey that will make my discussion easier.........
Old 08-18-2006, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hey you should consider the yaris! I am thoroughly pleased with the interior and exterior and who can complain about the price and the 40mpg!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

How much did you Yaris come to and what kind of options did it come with............
Please tell me everything about it........
Old 08-18-2006, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

honda fit FTW! and if you get bored of it, swap in a k20a4
Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the Yaris LB is sweet. As much as I like my xA, I would have considered a loaded up LB if they had been more readily available at the time....though I would have paid more by the time I found one with power equipment and ABS.

Still though, the LB is a solid 9 on the cool factor, IMO.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Now only if the Yaris had a supercharger.... Then I would be sold.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if your tall or on the bigger side and or have tall or fat friends the yaris is not good im 6'2'' and the yaris just not a comfortable ride it was nice but when i put my seat to furthest postition i was just getting comfortable and the gas pedal was weird i dont know and with my seat the way it was i couldnt have fit anything in the backseat i drove the sfully loaded s i think it was and it was nice inside and out but just not comfortable i know you werent asking about the yaris but i figured id give the input i had the the same size problem with the axto though but xa was more comfortable then the yaris
Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member

I would agree. I'm also 6'2" and have plenty of room in the xA. I can even fit in the backseat, if someone short is driving that is!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Yeah I am 5'9" and I am the tallest in my family. I do have some friends that over 6 feet tall and they hate riding in the tC because they dont fit well, so maybe the Yaris is not a good option. What do you guys think of the Fit......
Old 08-18-2006, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ive never really driven it or really checked out the interior but ive seen them i think they look nice and not as cramped as the yaris probably about the same as xa and i read something about b cars (ie.. xb yaris fit etc) and xb was actually the favorite because of the room but out of the smaller cars the fit was first and yaris was actually last
Old 08-18-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i test drove both the yaris 3 door and the 4 door. i was not impressed with either. we were looking for a replacement for the wife's nissan x-terra. seriously considered the tC, but decided on a honda civic due to gas mileage and what the honda dealership offered us for our trade (about $2,000 over what scion offered). i tried to talk the wife into an xA or xB, but she wasn't into it. i love my xB, but i'm really glad we got the civic. by the way, i'm not trying to sell you a civic. have you considered an xB??? if not, you should!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the Fit. Might be pricey but it has better interior, i.e not as cheap feeling, the ride is about the same, but lots of suspension and performance parts are out and still coming out constantly.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not trying to sound mean, but yer not really going for style... the fit is BUTT ugly.... and the gas milage is about the same as the scions... i think the dealer told me at best 35 mpg for the fit... and thats if yer driving it like a grandma... but its up 2 u..... i say just keep the tc, yer mpg cant be that bad. i went from a mustang 5.0 to a xb, now that is a difference in mpg, going from a tc to a xa isnt that dramatic
Old 08-18-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

obivous biased site. I'd get a yaris rather. Cheaper, sweeter, toyota.
-fixtion
Old 08-18-2006, 04:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default Xa vs yaris

I have been driving and comparing the two...And the Xa is WAY cheaper in the aspect that you get power locks/windows and a decent radio standard...Also the Xa has a more comfortable ride...More room also...my girly is tall and wide and he fits better in the Xa since it has more HIP room than pretty much all the cars in the class. I'm waiting on release 3.0 of the Xa but even my brother who works for Toyota corp cant get any info on it from marketing yet...Also just FYI he said the colors to do NOT come up and the ordering system is locked so it seems like they are doing SOMETHING...I just want a sunroof like release 1.0... Will keep ya all updated
Old 08-18-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for some opinions/pics/reviews..check out fitfreak.net...i was going to trade the box in for a Fit Sport, but didn't work...some features i like about the Fit was the standard side curtain air bags, cruise control, paddle shifters (on the Fit Sports)..

the potential..(Autofashion's VIP Fit )

JC
Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i would go Fit, so much sexier,
Old 08-18-2006, 05:01 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Yeah I did look at the xB, but I was like well I get the same motor and options but in a smaller and cheaper car. I have love the xB since I first saw it in the Chicago Auto Show some years back but then I test drove it and I dont know, there is just something about it.

Thanks for everyones input. I am looking at all cars (in the 17000 price range)so if you have some other cars maybe in mind through them out there.....

I wish the AWD Fit from Japan would come to the US.....

Quick Reply: Honda Fit or Scion xA