Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

Lexus IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lexus IS350

HOLY SHNIKES BATMAN -- My girlfriend traded in her rx330 for a new IS350, and she previously had a IS300. OH MY GOODNESS this thang is flippin sweet. If you get the chance to get behind the wheel DO IT. this is by far the most energentic and exciting car I have driven to date. I recently drove a 06 mustang gt and I think that the IS350 will give it a run for the money in a race. I am blown away . and I am lucky to have a key to the dern thing. ( the key is rather unusual, with the push button start) I have only one fear, she bought a black one. I hate trying to keep something like that clean. But I am glad Lexus has kept the bar raised up a notch against the competition. It is way bigger than the previous IS300 both inside and out, and way more responsive. My only complaint is that it does not fell glued to the road like the 300 did, I guess since it is bigger and sits a bit higher this may hold some of the floating feeling to blame. but even still I am in love. The interior has some of the coolest lighting of any car and the gauges are completely redone. This is something you should check out ASAP. thanks for reading my rant and rave.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Yeah, my neighbor bought his wife a black-on-black 350 last month - sweet indeed.
I'd never own a black vehicle, but it sure is nice.

Scott
Old 03-18-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at 80 , you can step on it, and it pens you in the seat and next thing you know your doing 120-130 and the speddo turns orange. gotta love it...
Old 03-18-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Until your license gets taken away...
Old 03-18-2006, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't say things like that ... I live on a long rarely used 4 lane highway, and she has a good radar detector
Old 03-18-2006, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Then I won't even start humming the theme from the movie "Deliverance"
Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 AM
Banned

Default 350

I work for Lexus and I can say that they are tons of fun to drive, amazing. Turn the TRAC off and it's evn better. Definately best car in it's class.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kinda made her upset after turning the TRAC off and pushing the power button , and them smoking the tires till the rear end started sliding! ( and as far as deliverance goes, It is a new parkway, it is rarely used cause half of it is not finished. I live in a new house in new subdivision. )
Old 03-18-2006, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice indeed, however, u better hurry and put a 3m clear bra on it b4 it is 2 late. The paint on the IS is as BAD as the paint on the Scions......... I own a IS too. IF u still dont believe me, go check out the lexus forum on the web.
Also ur gonna hear a ticking sound from the engine but dont worry about it......
I wonder how u drive a box while yr girl drives a IS 350, oh yea go buy her a set of 18' BLACK rims for her and she might marry ya ........wahahahaaaaaa j/k
Old 03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Hey LA-tC, my wife makes bank, and if you're smart, you'll find one that does too!
And nothin' wrong with a box - I have a tC, and I surely can afford a "better' car...

Scott
Old 03-18-2006, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slboettcher
Hey LA-tC, my wife makes bank, and if you're smart, you'll find one that does too!
And nothin' wrong with a box - I have a tC, and I surely can afford a "better' car...

Scott
I didnt imply the box is a bad car, that was jus a simple thought, so chill man ur old enough to be my dad. Meanwhile im sure lots of 40+ who live in Pasadena/San Marino area can afford a way better cars.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm hopgin to trade in the tC for a 250/350. can't wait!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Originally Posted by LA-tC

Scott
I didnt imply the box is a bad car, that was jus a simple thought, so chill man ur old enough to be my dad. Meanwhile im sure lots of 40+ who live in Pasadena/San Marino area can afford a way better cars.
Whoa boy. Don't go there. It was meant in jest, and your comment about my age is not needed.
Yeah, I can afford something better - the point was not to judge and you're doing just that.

Scott
Old 03-19-2006, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey LA-tc, what do you do for a living, your car isn't much more than mine, and by the way how is life in mom and dads house, I don't think how I make money money or what I chose to spend it on is any of your bussiness. But since you asked I work for CSX Transportation, I live in a very nice neighborhood in a house that was built in september of last year. I make enough money to drive anything I want, especially with all the corporate purchase plans available to me through my job, I happen to like my scion and my girlfriend happens to like the lexus so she got one. Granted it helps that she works for a lexus dealership, but none the less, make your bed so mommy doesn't fuss. I know college is so tough. please, keep it friendly and so will I.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, la-tc, If you wanna see one get in your IS 300 and drive to the dealer and look at one. I don't think it is neccessary, as a lexus key has been in my pocket every day for the past 3 years. It is a very cool car, but to me just another lexus. I am sure you think you are something with that car, but in cali, the IS300 is as common as an accord or silverado pickup. I will stop now.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trainman0978
Hey LA-tc, what do you do for a living, your car isn't much more than mine, and by the way how is life in mom and dads house, I don't think how I make money money or what I chose to spend it on is any of your bussiness. But since you asked I work for CSX Transportation, I live in a very nice neighborhood in a house that was built in september of last year. I make enough money to drive anything I want, especially with all the corporate purchase plans available to me through my job, I happen to like my scion and my girlfriend happens to like the lexus so she got one. Granted it helps that she works for a lexus dealership, but none the less, make your bed so mommy doesn't fuss. I know college is so tough. please, keep it friendly and so will I.
OMFG i NEVER said it was my BUSINESS, seriously i don’t give an s h I t of what u do. Seriously, y'all people gotta stop showing off of what ya do, how much stash ya make and where ya live etc etc. This is an online forum, where ya can speak out your opinions/thoughts.
Well to answer yr question, NO I don’t have a mother or father……And YES C.E - Computer Engineering is tough in university and I’m pretty sure I will get a job in a big engineering firm than some no name transportation. And please don’t even compare Georgia to Cali. You’re jus unbelievable, why do u have to pick on my “mommy/daddy”. Is that what people like to do in Georgia?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scott
Whoa boy. Don't go there. It was meant in jest, and your comment about my age is not needed.
Yeah, I can afford something better - the point was not to judge and you're doing just that.

Scott
I always respect the elder, so Scott would you please tell me what exactly did i say to make you think "the point was not to judge and you're doing just that."
Old 03-19-2006, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scott

Scott

age and ablity to affordshould not have anything to do with what someone drives....i know alot of overly weathly people who drive accords, instead of a BMW....
preception is everything.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trainman0978
BTW, la-tc, If you wanna see one get in your IS 300 and drive to the dealer and look at one. I don't think it is neccessary, as a lexus key has been in my pocket every day for the past 3 years. It is a very cool car, but to me just another lexus. I am sure you think you are something with that car, but in cali, the IS300 is as common as an accord or silverado pickup. I will stop now.
You're talking like you're the one from Cali. No silverado is not even popular in here, acura, bmw and benz are common in LA .

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350