Notices
All Other Vehicles Concepts and non-Toyotas...

The SI will be under $20,000

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by blackonblacktc
i do not blindly hate honda, i hate honda drivers who blindly add cosmetic modifications to their cars. and my dealers sucks butt because of the mark ups on their cars
What about the tC owners who blindly add cosmetic modifications to their car? And ones who blindly install ground wires to TEN (10) points in their engine bay? lol...

Scion dealerships are the ones selling the "rice" mods up front so people can finance them. double you tee eph.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Old 12-18-2005, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikochu
i do not blindly hate honda, i hate honda drivers who blindly add cosmetic modifications to their cars. and my dealers sucks butt because of the mark ups on their cars
What about the tC owners who blindly add cosmetic modifications to their car? And ones who blindly install ground wires to TEN (10) points in their engine bay? lol...

Scion dealerships are the ones selling the "rice" mods up front so people can finance them. double you tee eph.
how the hell did you know i am getting a grounding kit?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I hate the new Civics!!! The JDM Civics are 1,000,000x Bettet!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

imo i think that honda/acura's are pretty nice and reliable, i test drove the civic(not the si) and was impressed with the tranny, handling and that the car comes pretty low compared to other cars, the things that i didnt like about the new civic was that the front end looked like a saturn, and the rear end looked like a solara, also the hp sucked too, but im pretty sure the SI would be much better, looking forward to a test drive.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

the si is much nicer then the TC anyday,plus the Tc is a girls car, no matter how many MoDs you put on it!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HAHAHA
the si is much nicer then the TC anyday,plus the Tc is a girls car, no matter how many MoDs you put on it!

the tC is a girl's car? Sorry...I guess I can't be a man anymore if I was caught in a tC

Every sports compact car is a girl's car. And so is the Si.....Are you feeling insecure about your gender?

If you want to debate whether the Si is a better car or not, at least use valid comparisons, not just "oh car x is a girl's car"
Old 12-18-2005, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus

the tC is a girl's car? Sorry...I guess I can't be a man anymore if I was caught in a tC

Every sports compact car is a girl's car. And so is the Si.....Are you feeling insecure about your gender?

If you want to debate whether the Si is a better car or not, at least use valid comparisons, not just "oh car x is a girl's car"
If you are considering the tC as a sports compact, well . The tC is just a coupe, nothing sports compact about it.

Cya
Old 12-18-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, we have a honda lover who is bashing on scions, in a SCION forum!!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd call it a sports compact. Sure, why not? It's a compact car and sporty, but not a sports car per se. Just like the Si. I think it fits into the sports compact category exactly.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

I do not love hondas, just stating a fact!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Biznox
I'd call it a sports compact. Sure, why not? It's a compact car and sporty, but not a sports car per se. Just like the Si. I think it fits into the sports compact category exactly.
What, the tC? Its not sporty at all, sure its a two door and has a sport-edge look to it. But other than that, theres nothing sports compact about it. The suspension isn't set up for "sport", the motor isn't "sporty" either. Nor anything else about the tC. Its a nice coupe, but its too overweight and not aggressive enough in the power and suspension department for me to consider it a sports compact.

Since the forum is about the Si, which is a sports compact. Compare the two. The Si has always been geared on the performance side, its the performance model of the base civic's. The tC has no real sport defined part on the car.

Cya
Old 12-19-2005, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well my opinion is this... dont compare a base car and a top-of-the line car... remember that the tC in itself is a base car and the Si is the upgrade class of the civic. maybe it is more appropriate to compare a tC with all the TRD options (SC, suspension, rims etc.) vs. the Si. or maybe not???...
Old 12-19-2005, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do not love hondas, just stating a fact!

What's the fact?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Get outta here!! I see more girls driving Civics than guys. SO I guess Civics are girls cars too. Oh and you say it is a girl's car then tCs get more ladies than Civics.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would consider the Si if it wasn't for the fact that there are so many shady HONDA people out there. I learned that with my GSR.

Having to worry about my s*** getting stolen every 5 minutes? Fnding people prowling around my car again? No thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Comparing the SI to the Scion, the cars are pretty much the same. Sure, the SI has 197 HP....at 7k RPM, but also the SI is 2G's more then the *stock* tC. I would never go over 18k for a coupe....there isn't any point. (IMO).
Old 12-19-2005, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2azfe
well my opinion is this... dont compare a base car and a top-of-the line car... remember that the tC in itself is a base car and the Si is the upgrade class of the civic. maybe it is more appropriate to compare a tC with all the TRD options (SC, suspension, rims etc.) vs. the Si. or maybe not???...
I wouldn't say so because the tC then wouldn't be stock. This particular matter has been discussed numerous times in other forums. Also mods have deleted and locked some of them because people would just argue and argue about nothing.

tC stock from the factory is N/A, without any TRD or any aftermarket modifications. The Si stock from the factory is N/A without any mugen or other aftermarket mods. Just because the Si is a trim of the ex doesn't mean the Si from factory isn't stock. People tend to forget that.

I never compared the base civic to the Si, did i? No, i just said its the performance, sports compact version of the base civic. Thats not comparing, thats fact.

Cya
Old 12-20-2005, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by aceturnedjoker
Comparing the SI to the Scion, the cars are pretty much the same. Sure, the SI has 197 HP....at 7k RPM, but also the SI is 2G's more then the *stock* tC. I would never go over 18k for a coupe....there isn't any point. (IMO).
<-- Acura/Honda/Scion owner.

I'm not biased as I own both a Scion and an Acura/Honda, but I don't see how you can say both cars are pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I love my Scion and I respect the tC's very much. For what you pay for the car, it's hard to beat! The styling and packaging is great! As all Scion owners know, the car is market'd towards a younger and more economical market and so is the civic so they're in the same category so I can see how your saying they're the same, but you mentioned HP, so I'm assuming your talking about performance which in that case, the Civic has more of an upper hand because it has the K20 motor in it which is much more accepting of mods. Giving that the tC hasn't been in the market as long as the k20 motor has been to have enough mods developed to show the motor's true potential, I think if you wanted a performance car, the tC is not the greatest baseline. Just my 2cents.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itzjere
Originally Posted by aceturnedjoker
<-- Acura/Honda/Scion owner.

I'm not biased as I own both a Scion and an Acura, but I don't see how you can say both cars are pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I love my Scion and I respect the tC's very much. For what you pay for the car, it's hard to beat! The styling and packaging is great! As all Scion owners know, the car is market'd towards a younger and more economical market and so is the civic so they're in the same category so I can see how your saying they're the same, but you mentioned HP, so I'm assuming your talking about performance which in that case, the Civic has more of an upper hand because it has the K20 motor in it which is much more accepting of mods. Giving that the tC hasn't been in the market as long as the k20 motor has been to have enough mods developed to show the motor's true potential, I think if you wanted a performance car, the tC is not the greatest baseline. Just my 2cents.
Actually, the 2az has been how for a few years now. The only difference is the fact its now in the tC as well as others such as the camry. There are quite a few parts out but not so much as your example, the Si with the k20. K20 tends to respond very well with mods, most hondas do. (prevously 97' gsr)
In one respect, both Civic and tC are in the same market for the fact both are reliable, and both are relatively cheap compared to other cars out. As you said, youth market is definitely a big roll in this.

Performance wise, the tC is a long, long way behind. I'm not talking about you kids that worship 1/4 times, i'm talking about the whole car. Handling, accelerating, deacceleration, cornering, traction with heavily mods, how "tight" the tranny is and how fast you can get to powerband, everything. The tC stock, can not match a stock Si. Period. Both cars with identical mods, tC still cannot match the Si. Period.

I'm really tired of talking about this, i wasted three and a half pages of my scion-life debating with this with others. Some agree, some don't. Ususally the ones that don't are the ones that absolutely hate honda and are biased.

Cya

Quick Reply: The SI will be under $20,000