Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...
View Poll Results: AND THE WINNER IS..................
turbocharged GTI
73.33%
supercharged TC
26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Scion tC vs 2008 GTI..

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow this thread was a great read. I love the relax 2 much tc. 1HOVA u need to chill man. You need to learn if you bring in comments like your downshifting one your gonna get flamed. Dont get so but hurt when i stand up for a good guy like carbon. He knows what he is talking about. If your so quick to get offended then dont be hanging out on these forums.

And again GTI would win.

IBTL
Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ How long ago was that over stock boy... I get my car made fun of because i said somthing about downshifting and im not gonna get ____ed? Damn ur on these dudes nutz... You dont know me and you dont make any sense when you talk.. and depending on the drivers its possible the tc could win. so let it go, i did. so why dont you ^ Relax
Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
SL Member

I would have gone for the GTI.

A big "teehee" to Dee... :D
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by 1HOVAFAN
^^ How long ago was that over stock boy... I get my car made fun of because i said somthing about downshifting and im not gonna get ____ed? Damn ur on these dudes nutz... You dont know me and you dont make any sense when you talk.. and depending on the drivers its possible the tc could win. so let it go, i did. so why dont you ^ Relax
Obviously you didnt let it go, or you wouldnt have responded. so relax!!!

And you claim to not street race, but you had a GTI on your ___, you downshifted and tried to leave him. THATS RACING!!! TWO CARS WITH ONE TRYING TO OUT ACCELERATE THE OTHER IS RACING!!! SO yes, you are a street racer!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn i should of known you'd be next lol, Thanx for clearing that up for me.You got me im a street racer. , fyi i was done, Im gonna respond if dudes trying to call me out after all that time, Of all people you got alot of fn nerve to tell someone to relax. All i ever see is you arguing on here over some b.s.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang... all these people need to relax haha.

I thought about getting a GTI, they are really nice cars, well made and reliable... I think it'd be a close race but with the GTI out in front. I'd be okay with that because a GTI is a much more expensive car and I really didn't wanna pay for premium gas haha
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Damn i should of known you'd be next lol, Thanx for clearing that up for me.You got me im a street racer. , fyi i was done, Im gonna respond if dudes trying to call me out after all that time, Of all people you got alot of fn nerve to tell someone to relax. All i ever see is you arguing on here over some b.s.
Its great to see you cant drop it. Dropping it would be, you dont respond anymore because you dont care. So nope you havent dropped it. Glad I could clear it up for you. Wouldnt want you to be confused or anything. I do argue alot, if you consider pointing out the obvious to be arguing.
Oh its also funny to see you take it personally against me, when if you read my post I never attacked you, your character or anything. So like it or not, reread what I wrote and your response and think about it.

And still I can go without ever attacking you, but you will find the need to attack me!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You used capitals, if im correct you are yelling. So im gonna think your attacking me. I have nothing against you, im just sick of other people jumping in this to defend some dude that was obviously in the wrong. Ive been done but i stand up for myself and i know you do the same So why tell me to relax. I thought streetracing was two cars trying to get to a certain point 1st anyways. But W/e
Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

You used capitals, if im correct you are yelling.
Actually, no. He used caps to try to get a point through your thick skull.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
You used capitals, if im correct you are yelling.
Actually, no. He used caps to try to get a point through your thick skull.
listen internet thug! i thought WE were done, so now we know who really can't let it go.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Lol, I like how I'm the 'thug' when I've got people backing up my point. You're a dense one, aren't you?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know how to use a yo-yo......
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

actually seems to me like you got butt buddies. yea they're backing you up about the street racing thing, but if you wanna be technical our whole argument started on you commenting on my car for no reason. maybe it was streetracing but i consider it more road rage which im not saying is better. so you're the dumbarse! i bet you wouldn't talk all this ish if you were in my face and thats why i called you an internet thug
Old 07-11-2008, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by greybox
I know how to use a yo-yo......
lmao
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

And why did I make fun of your car in the first place? Because you said you tried to race a GTI.

Also, it's pretty funny how you're calling me an internet thug, when you're the one who's trying to sound tough.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first never said I tried to "race" a GTI just said he was on my butt getting on my nerves so I tried to leave him. if you guys consider that streetracing whatever thats fine im over it. but why would that give you the right to come at me about how my car looks? second of all do you know me? saying im trying to sound tough, i am who i am. and unless you know me personally you should shut up
Old 07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Alright, let me go back to your original post.

I was driving the other day and a dude in a new gti was rite on my butt. He was getting on my nerves so i thought id downshift and leave him in the dust. Lets just say it didnt go exactly as planned.
Since I don't feel like fixing the spelling and grammar errors, I'll just go over where you were wrong.

He was getting on my nerves so i thought id downshift and leave him in the dust.
Now, if you were the bigger man, you would have moved over and let him by. Things didn't go this way. Instead, you felt threatened by the GTI and decided to fight back. You said it yourself, you planned to
leave him in the dust
. Then you proceeded to admitting that you lost. Now, further on in the thread, you said you were already doing 80 MPH when you down shifted into 4th gear. So, how fast were you going when you finally decided that you couldn't hang with a faster car? 90? 100? 110? What were your plans if he didn't follow? Would you have accelerated away then continued speeding at over 90 mph? Also, from your own point of view, you were street racing.

I thought streetracing was two cars trying to get to a certain point 1st anyways. But W/e
You started at point A, where both vehicles were traveling 80 MPH. You finished at point B, where the trailing vehicle either overtook the originally leading vehicle, or the trailing vehicle stayed on the leading vehicle during the whole duration of the race. Since you said you lost, I'll assume that the GTI over took you.

Whether you want to believe it or not, you condoned in street racing, something that is heavily frowned upon on these boards. Something that is giving Scions a bad reputation. It's because of people like you, who feel the need to flaunt your 160hp of FWD 4CYL fury. I personally feel that it is reasonable to make fun of your vehicle, if you're going to take part in making a community look bad.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry I didn't know this was english class. Obvioulsy you understood it fine. As I stated to you already I was using me going 80 MPH as an example to explain downshifting to the other cat. I was getting on an on ramp so I couldn't move over and maybe its not the best choice but I downshifted and floored it and probably went over the speed limit for a second, but I slowed down and stayed in the slow lane and let him pass. That's when I noticed it was a GTI. How do you figure I have 160hp anyways? I don't try to prove nothing people call me out all the time around here and I haven't raced at all. So stop trying to sound like a little goody-too-shoes making me look like the streetracing maniac when you don't know the whole story. I didn't know that I needed to specify every detail, cause I don't post much on here, so I didn't know I would get flamed for that.
You're going to tell me that NOONE on here has ever break checked, gotten cut off and retaliated by cutting them off. It all falls under the same category. Its just I'm willing to admit it.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can even do "walk the dog....." but not that triangle thing
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ youre crazy ]

Quick Reply: 2008 Scion tC vs 2008 GTI..