Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
Yes i know you have to go by what the motor is designed for, if you haven't noticed, i tend to drive cars that are more suited for n/a over boost.

Also, you have showed me a picture of the drag tc (hardly a tc but lets just say it is so we don't go into it again), you haven't showed me any detailed information on it, or a dyno run showing it hitting 300whp. Unless you just read it was 300whp and just automatically believed it. Show me more than just a picture of it and i'll believe it, otherwise that information isn't true information. I still haven't seen proof that its even a 2az, its not the body, chasis of a tC. Lets see the specs!

Also, i have showed you much information supporting the fact the k20z in the Si is downplayed on factory specs, all companies i have looked into have rated the Si higher than factory on crank out put, unless you think a 7-17hp drivetrain loss is enough to justify 197hp. I don't think so. lol Would be cool if it was true though.

I'll try to find some dyno runs, on 8th gen Si forums they have a 1/4 run sheet showing the times, some offer mods, whp ratings, and so forth. One 219whp n/a Si there, but provided no dyno sheet.

Also, theres a company cybernationmotorsports.com that is releasing turbo kits for the 06' Si soon so i hear, that puts the Si at 279whp on their "Stage 1" kits. I believe the psi levels are some where around 11-12psi, which for how the motor is designed, thats pretty good. I know the tC will out boost the Si, the k20a2 in the K series line up is best comparable for boost to boost on the 2az, but thats not what we are talking about anyway.

I'm busy now, i'll check later and see what dynos i can show you. A friend of mine with an Si says theres a company releasing a port and polish package, and with i/h/e, crank should yeild 240-250whp. I don't know the company or what hes talking about, i'll find out if you want.

Man, I've ALREADY pulled up the information for you once before. I showed you a while ago the same specs on this car. Yes it's a 2az, and Yes it's 300hp. How else would it be into the 9 sec 1/4 (based on weight savings only....I don't think so).

And 11-12 PSI on the 06 Si, I expect to see quite a few blown up Si's in the future. Unless its a high compression turbo setup, then say bye-bye to those 11:5.1 compression ratio motors. 297whp on 11 PSI huh....How much tQ does that equate too...
Old 07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

jeez. there's a lot of arguing going on here. i hope i never get into it like this. i thought i'd add this though... one of my good friends has an eg civic with a jdm b16 swap with intake, exaust and i raced him. from a roll in second i was at about 4,200 rpm. dead even race. he was burnt but he'll get over it haha. THEN. i raced my friend in his gs-r w/injen cai and he beat me by a car and a bumper. then i raced my friend with a jdm gsr swap in a 95 hatch and got roasted of course. keep in mind all of these guys are good drivers. i'd say its safe to say i'd ruin a celica gt, i dont care if jeff gordon was driving it. hehe. LAST thing. a friend of mine has a turbo 01 si hatch and he beat a mazeratti on the freeway! that ____ is quicknesssssssss. haha, later.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

Well the tC drag is an all motor 2az.

And the Nitto tC is running better than 400 whp and is not powered by scionspeed.

Also the turbonetics turbo kit for the scion tC runs 400 whp. I know this because I went to thier tC open house and they showed us the fuel maps for a 12 psi set up on the tC.

This is just upping the psi and correct fuel mapping for the standard 8 psi kit you can buy. The t'netics kit as is can produce 400+ whp numbers.

So 400 whp @ 12 psi or.. 279 whp @ 12 psi?

Even a T'netics kit @ 8 psi will outrun a vic @ 12 psi if you add a quaife diff.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
Well the tC drag is an all motor 2az.

And the Nitto tC is running better than 400 whp and is not powered by scionspeed.

Also the turbonetics turbo kit for the scion tC runs 400 whp. I know this because I went to thier tC open house and they showed us the fuel maps for a 12 psi set up on the tC.

This is just upping the psi and correct fuel mapping for the standard 8 psi kit you can buy. The t'netics kit as is can produce 400+ whp numbers.

So 400 whp @ 12 psi or.. 279 whp @ 12 psi?

Even a T'netics kit @ 8 psi will outrun a vic @ 12 psi if you add a quaife diff.

400 whp @ 12 PSI... I would like to see this.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What is the highest HP boosted tC street driven right now?
Old 07-05-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Name: Leslie Durst-Armendariz
Team: Horizon Motorsports
Class: All Motor
Hometown: Long Beach, Calif.
Birthdate: November 12, 1975
Car: 2006 Scion tC
Engine: 2AZ-FE
Crew chief: Arthur Armendariz
Sponsors: Scion, AEM, AEBS, Royal Purple, CP Pistons, Cunningham Rods, Web Cam, Goodyear Racing, Vance & Hines, TWM Induction, SCE Gaskets, Drive Shaft Shop, NGK Spark Plugs, Mechanics Wear
Career NHRA wins: 3
Best e.t.: 9.96
Best speed: 133 mph
That is what you told me, which i looked it up. Its true, however i haven't seen ANY dyno sheet proving their claimed numbers, i also noticed that they are using methonal gas. Oh, and you also didn't mention their tC weighs 1,750lbs with the driver and its a tube chasis, not a 2az not even close to anything a 2az is except its a 2azfe motor. But their claimed numbers is 300hp, so said the interview i picked up which would be more around 240whp.

But again, no dyno sheet to be found.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not a 2az not even close to anything a 2az is except its a 2azfe motor. .
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Sponsors: Scion, AEM, AEBS, Royal Purple, CP Pistons, Cunningham Rods, Web Cam, Goodyear Racing, Vance & Hines, TWM Induction, SCE Gaskets, Drive Shaft Shop, NGK Spark Plugs, Mechanics Wear
That is what you told me, which i looked it up. Its true, however i haven't seen ANY dyno sheet proving their claimed numbers, i also noticed that they are using methonal gas. Oh, and you also didn't mention their tC weighs 1,750lbs with the driver and its a tube chasis, not a 2az not even close to anything a 2az is except its a 2azfe motor. But their claimed numbers is 300hp, so said the interview i picked up which would be more around 240whp.

Why would they lie dude....Geesh, I bet if it was a Civic or Teggy, You would be saying something totally different. They don't specify whether or not it's Crank or WHP. But its enough to propel that car into the 9sec 1/4 times, so get off it. This is why people take what you say with a grain of salt. You can't stand to give credit for anything tC related. The car dosen't make the 2az, the 2az makes the car. Get off your high Honda horse already. How bout you show me a new 06 Si even over 220whp to the ground.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Society
SL Member

T'netics had the fuel map at there open house. I don't have any pics to show yah, but There is a guy with a t'netics kit boosted up to 10.5 running 270+ whp and almost 300 lb/ft of torque on a rich tune.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

Why would they lie dude....Geesh, I bet if it was a Civic or Teggy, You would be saying something totally different. They don't specify whether or not it's Crank or WHP. But its enough to propel that car into the 9sec 1/4 times, so get off it. This is why people take what you say with a grain of salt. You can't stand to give credit for anything tC related. The car dosen't make the 2az, the 2az makes the car. Get off your high Honda horse already. How bout you show me a new 06 Si even over 220whp to the ground.
Well first off, i'm not bashing their accomplishments or putting their tC down. What i am saying is i don't consider that a tC because the only thing it shares is the engine code, thats about it. And from what i read it was 300hp not 300whp, you said previously 300whp so i was informing you of this.

If this was a honda, just say Si since thats been brought up before. Before i'd claim it was a Si, i'd make sure it shared more componets with the street Si rather than just going with it. I would also make sure i knew it was hp or whp before i'd bring it up here because you know as well as i know, if i made the mistake you did on the tC information you'd be saying something too.

Sure, thats a great accomplishment and all, but again i wouldn't consider that a tC.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello killer I just wanted to get back to you about my friend with the B16 Civic Hatch swap. I spoke directly to him and this is the info he gave me. It is the sohc B16 with 140 hp he has I/H/E and his best run is a 14.9 1/4 mile.
That doesn't sound like something that should blow the doors off of me. He didn't blow his motor (I heard that from someone else) but we didn't get to race this time cause he was going home. but i will race again soon and let you know the results.

BTW since this is still the tC vs. thread right? I beat an Acura CL 3.0 yesterday. Wasn't really much of a race really he was kinda slow. Also raced a 2nd Gen. RX7. Don't know what he had done to it or if it was Turbo or na but we were dead even until well over 90 mph.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-15-2020 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 07-05-2006, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmyT
T'netics had the fuel map at there open house. I don't have any pics to show yah, but There is a guy with a t'netics kit boosted up to 10.5 running 270+ whp and almost 300 lb/ft of torque on a rich tune.

On 10.5 PSI, I would probably be over 300whp and 300+ lb/ft of tQ. 2 more PSI I don't think equates to Double whp. Someone else can provide insite on this.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well first off, i'm not bashing their accomplishments or putting their tC down. What i am saying is i don't consider that a tC because the only thing it shares is the engine code, thats about it. And from what i read it was 300hp not 300whp, you said previously 300whp so i was informing you of this.

If this was a honda, just say Si since thats been brought up before. Before i'd claim it was a Si, i'd make sure it shared more componets with the street Si rather than just going with it. I would also make sure i knew it was hp or whp before i'd bring it up here because you know as well as i know, if i made the mistake you did on the tC information you'd be saying something too.

Sure, thats a great accomplishment and all, but again i wouldn't consider that a tC.

The POWER that powers this car is that of a tC. That was the point. Being able to do 9's in the 1320 is a by-product of the lightness of the body. If I stripped my car down to make it lighter, why would it not be a tC anymore. People strip out their hatchbacks to make 9, 10 sec. passes in the 1/4, and still drive them on the street don't they. If I made our tC lighter and cranking out 12 sec. passes, it's still a 2az Powered tC. It's not just an engine code, IT IS the engine man.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The POWER that powers this car is that of a tC. That was the point. Being able to do 9's in the 1320 is a by-product of the lightness of the body. If I stripped my car down to make it lighter, why would it not be a tC anymore. People strip out their hatchbacks to make 9, 10 sec. passes in the 1/4, and still drive them on the street don't they. If I made our tC lighter and cranking out 12 sec. passes, it's still a 2az Powered tC. It's not just an engine code, IT IS the engine man.
Stripping the body is one thing, that tC isn't even a tC design. Its designed, and made for drag. No way is it a tC, the chasis isn't a tC either. Huge difference man. If it was just a stripped tC i wouldn't say anything about it, but its not just stripped, its not even the body or chasis of a tC which is why its not a tC, just powered by the 2azfe engine. Yes, i admit 240whp n/a is great. But, 240whp with those mods on methonal gas and you still think there are people here with basic mods hitting 200whp n/a? I haven't seen a dyno of the car, i want to find one because a few websites say it has 300hp and some have 300whp. But two interviews with that team said 300hp so thats what i'm going with until i can find hard evidence of what it actually makes.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought this was a versus thread? lol All this woman bickering. Has anyone considered how the VW Rabbit might do against a tC ? Just a though.
-fixtion
Old 09-02-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how about every one just take a video shoot of them racing the cars posted up, and put it in the thread =D

i rather see visual than hear technical reasons
Old 09-02-2006, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fixtion
I thought this was a versus thread? lol All this woman bickering. Has anyone considered how the VW Rabbit might do against a tC ? Just a though.
-fixtion
i say tc would win.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hiimotto
how about every one just take a video shoot of them racing the cars posted up, and put it in the thread =D

i rather see visual than hear technical reasons

I have gobs of vids, where have you been?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Stripping the body is one thing, that tC isn't even a tC design. Its designed, and made for drag. No way is it a tC, the chasis isn't a tC either. Huge difference man. If it was just a stripped tC i wouldn't say anything about it, but its not just stripped, its not even the body or chasis of a tC which is why its not a tC, just powered by the 2azfe engine. Yes, i admit 240whp n/a is great. But, 240whp with those mods on methonal gas and you still think there are people here with basic mods hitting 200whp n/a? I haven't seen a dyno of the car, i want to find one because a few websites say it has 300hp and some have 300whp. But two interviews with that team said 300hp so thats what i'm going with until i can find hard evidence of what it actually makes.
300 hp from a n/a tc...thats good, and possible, with the money these guys throw into these cars

it is a tC engine, it is a tC body....frame is custom, along with roll cage...just look at the pictures....

so basically itsa drag tC....it will not handle, drive, look, maybe sound like a tC, but technically it is based off of the tC(relating to enginge, and body), yes its custom, but still mosttly tC

the weight issues--its an all-motor class...N/A only goes so far, and those #'s are good for a 2AZ-FE...so 1700lbs is there best advantage next to aerodynamics

so i say give credit where credit is due...a tC based drag car, running in the prodrag division, with a woman driver...not bad

definetily pulled this out of a grave