Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
SL Member

s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps. i am going turbo
Old 04-04-2007, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then I'm a pu&&y I'm keepin my warantee and I don't want that much ill proly keep goin till I hit like 240 250 I'm gud with that wats the point of going 300 plus theres always someone faster u want 300 plus get a evo or sti I'm gud with s/c
Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend has a 92 i believe, early 90s prelude, and we went to the track together, i beat him off the line and start pulling away up till 3rd, then he starts catching up and by the end of the 1/4 mile, were even. His car is stock and I have intake/exhaust. Our cars have a lot more torque, but once they hit vtec they start pulling pretty hard.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
lol.. so much BS in this thread its hilarious lol..07 motors are not diferent then 06.. only thing that changed are the redlines lol.. wow 200 more rpms lol.. sorry..both motors have 9.6.1 and the 07 is rated 1 more hp/tq.. thats basically a drivers race... 1 hp is not going to give you car lengths... stock for stock..ITS A DRIVERS RACE.. goddam!...
You are wrong. Do your research. But since others have already done it for you, here's the info you should probably be aware of before you start talking next time.

And heres the thread I stole these from:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...701&highlight=
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thespottedcow
My friend has a 92 i believe, early 90s prelude, and we went to the track together, i beat him off the line and start pulling away up till 3rd, then he starts catching up and by the end of the 1/4 mile, were even. His car is stock and I have intake/exhaust. Our cars have a lot more torque, but once they hit vtec they start pulling pretty hard.
Is your car auto or manual?
The top-of-the-line 2001 Prelude with 200 hp and 155 tq and a manual transmission ran a ~16/high 15 second 1/4 mile stock. Not sure yet on 93's but apparently there was 190 hp version that year too.

More...
http://www.carforums.net/showthread.php?t=10251
Old 04-06-2007, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syko_tC
s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps. i am going turbo
And 300 hp turbo cars are for 18 yr old posers who love to think about how macho they are until they wrap their car around a tree. That's when they think: "how is $7.50 an hour going to pay for this?"
Old 04-07-2007, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love all the stereotypes always thrown around everywhere. jeez get your head out of your a$$. stop being so ignorant because its not just 18 yr olds who have nice fast cars and like to drive fast.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I lovw drivin fast as hell ill always drive fast an I'm 25 but I kbow if I want 300 plus I'm goin evo then ill be movin soo I'm gud wit a s/c and a few i nternal mods hoo wit me
Old 04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by athletefeet66
i love all the stereotypes always thrown around everywhere. jeez get your head out of your a$$. stop being so ignorant because its not just 18 yr olds who have nice fast cars and like to drive fast.
You're absolutely right. You are not a stereotype, and neither is he. 18 yr olds who believe that 300+ hp turbo cars are so easy to accomplish on a fresh-out-of-high school budget are definitely not a stereotype. I suppose the dozens of 18 yrs olds I've met who "like to drive fast" are not stereotypes either. Wait, let me guess: I'm assuming too much and Syko_tC's annual income is currently six figures, even after taxes. I'm a bigot and I'm small minded to assume that someone that young and so recently out of school would not have a very large income. And what was I thinking to assume that someone who's 18 and "likes to drive fast" would be reckless behind the wheel??!! What evidence have I ever come across that would substantiate that ridiculous assumption?? What as a$$ I am.

So go ahead and "go turbo" big boy. But insulting people who prefer the generally more streetable, smoother torque curve of a supercharger to the macho big peak hp numbers of a 300 hp turbo kit is not the way to prove that you're not a stereotype.

s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps.
As a side note: the plural of horsepower is not horsepowers.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:30 PM
SL Member

ok ok ok, i didn't come up on that one a little rough, my bad to taktics and whoever was offended by that post.
to nig nig the conqueror, i dont make 6 figures, but i am a pretty big spender, turboing my car wouldn't be a problem, its the amount of time i have to wait. i am not a reckless driver...... i love to drive fast, but i also like to keep things under my control.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hsua
I honestly feel that Prelude owners (all the ones that I see) are cocky as hell. I mean is the car really all that great?
my friends lude spanks g35's all day
Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by athletefeet66

Yeah, cause I'm 27yrs old. And I drive a 350z and my womans 300hp tC fast all the damn time. Don't have to be a teen to be a speed freak...

I'm just more responsible when I do it, that no one else is involved.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nig_nig_the_conqueror
So go ahead and "go turbo" big boy. But insulting people who prefer the generally more streetable, smoother torque curve of a supercharger to the macho big peak hp numbers of a 300 hp turbo kit is not the way to prove that you're not a stereotype.

s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps.
As a side note: the plural of horsepower is not horsepowers.

What classifies the S/C'er as being "more Streetable"?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 PM
SL Member

hi rhythmnsmoke, saw a few of your videos on youtube, great job on the tC!!! rhythmnsmoke's tC > prelude all day, thank you.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^LOL....thanks man. But if you think our ride is sick...Wait till you get a load of my boy's tC.

Can you say Viper Killer?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok ok ok, i didn't come up on that one a little rough, my bad to taktics and whoever was offended by that post.
to nig nig the conqueror, i dont make 6 figures, but i am a pretty big spender, turboing my car wouldn't be a problem, its the amount of time i have to wait. i am not a reckless driver...... i love to drive fast, but i also like to keep things under my control.
You may very well be keeping things under your control. Problem is, not everything is under your control. Things happen and you won't always be prepared. People thinking they have everything under control is usually how they get killed. But whatever, I'm not trying to make enemies here. Drive however you want, kill yourself, whatever . Just as long as you don't kill me or anyone other than yourself it's all cool. I mean, except for everybody's insurance rates going up and whatnot.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Personal preference, I suppose. And I did say "generally".
Old 04-10-2007, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by nig_nig_the_conqueror
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Personal preference, I suppose. And I did say "generally".

I know it was your opinion, I was just curious to know why you thought that?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've raced my friend's '01 Prelude Manual and I was able to beat him off the line and he wouldn't be able to pull on me. I've posted it on here before.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo dogy dog I don get buthurt I do me as u do u soo do u go turbo an wen I c u ill gve u the wave and keep roln cuz we fam rite tc fam scream back

Quick Reply: tc vs. prelude