Notices
Autosports & Technique
General driving and racing...

tc vs. prelude

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM

bro its possible to beat the prelude in an auto, it depends how fond of your transmission you are. I dont know if this si tru for any tC's before 07 but the 07 has a selection for every gear, you can choose between 1,2,3, or D(which is all 4) also you can switch between them without having to depress the brakes so can swith while your foots still down on the accelerator, and if you know when to shift you wont even feel the slightest jerk. I had to get an auto tC too because im 16 and my parents had to cosign. I first tried this method out on my moms minivan and it made my moms minivan perform twice if not 3 times better than if you put it into drive right away. It works even better in the scion cause you can choose between all 4 gears where as in most other cars you can choose only L, 2, or D. I've beaten a 07 306-HP auto Infinity G35 in a race in this way granted it only had about 50 miles on it so it wasnt performing as well as it could, but im pretty sure you could beat a 200 Hp Prelude. Just replace the transmission fluid before the race and you should be good to go.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. IF YOUR CAR DOESN'T HAVE A MANUMATIC TRANSMISSION, DON'T TRY TO CHANGE GEARS WITH THE SHIFTER! YOU ARE RUINING YOUR TRANSMISSION!

2. there is no way in hell you beat a g35. no no no, shut up, he has twice the hp that you do and rear or all-wheel drive. no no no, they are way faster than you, no stay quiet, it is called HE WASN'T RACING YOU! either that or it was some idiot who doesn't know how to shift. because no stock tc, ever unless boosted could keep up with a g35. so seriously, no, you did not beat a g35, never say such a stupid thing again.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by taktics
yo dogy dog I don get buthurt I do me as u do u soo do u go turbo an wen I c u ill gve u the wave and keep roln cuz we fam rite tc fam scream back

Umm.......what?

I think I left my Orphan Anny Decoder Pin at home. Can I borrow someone elses...
Old 04-12-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

stock for stock the 5th gen Prelude will beat the tC. if you want a similar match try to race a 4th gen Prelude. then again it depends on the model of the 4th gen, if its an S model, you will beat it. An Si it will be equal to the tC, down to the driver on that. the V-tec model will beat the tC.
S=135hp - 2.2L SOHC
Si=160hp - 2.3L DOHC
V-tec=190hp - 2.2L DOHC

thats only the 4th gen.

i could go on and yadda yadda, I owned two 4th gen Preludes(one Si 4WS, other regular Si) before the tC and they handle like a dream.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This comment is coming from someone who owned both a 5th gen prelude and tC. Stock , a manual tc and manual prelude are pretty even. Even though my prelude was rated at 200hp I only dynoed at 150 hp and with my tc (w/trd axelback) I dynoed at 146 but I had about 35 more lbs of torque with the tc. On the line the tc can beat the prelude because you have to really rev the prelude to get the power out of it. Im boosted now but when I wasnt my tc still felt faster than my prelude. Besides the great handling the prelude's performance is overrated.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blah. I love them both. I'm a car enthusiast, which means i'm not gonna be biased to one car or a few cars. I love hoe the prelude handles and looks na dbefore the tC i always had a thing for preludes. Kinda hard to give up on your childhood desires. It is what it is and it aint what it aint. Let's not hype it up or chop it down to somethin else.

As far as this topic is meant to go. If you really wanna know how you'll do against the prelude, RACE ONE! The point of your buddy offering you the challenge was to see what both cars can do against each other. but going on a vehicle specific forum and asking that will get you a lot of mixed and often times biased answers. Find a deserted road and open those throttles.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by falgoon
bro its possible to beat the prelude in an auto, it depends how fond of your transmission you are. I dont know if this si tru for any tC's before 07 but the 07 has a selection for every gear, you can choose between 1,2,3, or D(which is all 4) also you can switch between them without having to depress the brakes so can swith while your foots still down on the accelerator, and if you know when to shift you wont even feel the slightest jerk. I had to get an auto tC too because im 16 and my parents had to cosign. I first tried this method out on my moms minivan and it made my moms minivan perform twice if not 3 times better than if you put it into drive right away. It works even better in the scion cause you can choose between all 4 gears where as in most other cars you can choose only L, 2, or D. I've beaten a 07 306-HP auto Infinity G35 in a race in this way granted it only had about 50 miles on it so it wasnt performing as well as it could, but im pretty sure you could beat a 200 Hp Prelude. Just replace the transmission fluid before the race and you should be good to go.
That's BS. No offense, but there is absolutely no way that you won a fair race with a G35 with an n/a auto tC. It seems you are under the mistaken idea that your car is fast. Don't worry, you'll get over it.

Also, what does your age or your parents cosigning have to do with transmission choice?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There should be no close comparison between the last generation Prelude and tC... prelude>tC .. I am a tC owner and love the car but have spent some time with the honda/acura motors (literally masterpieces) and driving them throughout my engineering classes...
Old 04-14-2007, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps. i am going turbo
I love it when kids that can barely make their car note make stupid comments like this!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ExTc
s/c are for pussies who can't stand 300+ hps. i am going turbo
I love it when kids that can barely make their car note make stupid comments like this!
But again, we're making assumptions. When I was 18, I couldn't even afford a car, much less a new one. Even less, a $4000+- turbo kit. At least he's got a nice car, more than I had. Whether he's paying for it or his parents are, who knows? I guess if your parents are paying for your car, then you could afford to go turbo. But like I say, he may make more than most of us here. Who knows?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want it, get it any way you can.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^ worddd..lol
Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MisterKe
If you want it, get it any way you can.
If you're referring to getting a free car from your parents and turboing the thing, then I disagree. If you can pay for a turbo, you should be making payments for your car. Taking advantage of your parents' generosity (of all people!) just so you can have a turbo tc is pretty sh**y in my opinion. Of course, this discussion is getting really hypothetical, since I still have no idea whether the guy paid for his own car or not.