Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

aznpimp is NOT reliable. dont trust this guy

Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default aznpimp is NOT reliable. dont trust this guy

so a couple months ago, i saw this thread made by username aznpimp here on SL.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...hlight=macbook

ive always wanted a macbook because im an electrical engineer major in college. so i need a laptop pretty badly. only thing is, im kind of broke. well, not really, id rather spend my money on car parts rather than importans stuff. haahha. anyways, i saw that thread, and i offered him 700. we were texting for a bit about the macbook. i said sorry to lowball, but thats all the money i had. either that or trade for some rims i was selling at the time. he said no, it was too low, so i said nevermind. and that was that.

about 3 or 4 weeks ago, he texts me and asks me if i wanted it still. i told him sorry, i cant afford it cuz all i had was 700.. he says, "not even for $750?" so he decides to drop the price from 900 to 750. i thought that was a great deal, so i said, ill try and see if i can get that extra 50. so, we planned on meeting the week after. he said, we can either meet at chino hills(1 1/2 hour drive from my house) or garden grove(1 hour drive). so i said garden grove. the day before we meet, i told him all i could get was 730. and i felt bad asking my mom for that extra 20. he said, its fine, but ask ur mom just in case.

so, i managed to get 10 from my mom so i was up to 740. i told him, and he said okay, we'll talk about it when we meet up. so this is when it gets bad. so, im driving to garden grove to meet him up. not 5 mins away from reaching my destination, he texts me and says he wont be able to meet me(AFTER AN HOUR OF MY DRIVING!!!) i got pist off at him, and he says, "fine. my sister will meet u with the laptop." i said oaky. then he calls me and says 740 is not enough. and that i needed 10 more dollars. luckily, i had a friend that lived about 15 mins from our meeting place, so i met up with him to borrow 10.

so NOW, i was up to 750. the original asking price. keep in mind, this is before his sister came and met up with me with the laptop. so, ive been waiting at starbucks(where we planned on meeting) for more than an hour now. i get a call, and says, "im not selling it anymore." i was sooo mad, so i was basically yelling over the phone. he tells me that the laptop was a present from his sister and she doesnt want him to sell it anymore. i literally drove 35 miles to sit at a starbucks parkinglot for almost 2 hours. and end up driving home empty handed.

so, u think this is where it ends right? you're wrong.

so, on the phone, he tries to say sorry. he told me to send him my paypal email so that he can pay me for gas money. since i drove a total of 70 miles. so after he said this, i kind of calmed down. as soon as i got home,i PMed him my paypal. after a couple days, i check my paypal and guess what...nothing. i PMed him, no response. i called him, no response. i texted him, no response. it has been over 3 weeks and still, no response.

NEVER EVER buy anything from this guy. he is shady as ****!!! he made me drive 70 miles to sit at a parkinglot. i didnt even meet anyone since he's to meet me in person.

Last edited by crush02342002; 02-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang,, that sucks.. Shudnt have gone when he tries to mess with the price, seemed shady to me from that point. Gotta be really careful and cautious in private party sale. Cant trust anybody sometimes. Well, try craigslist
Old 02-09-2011, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know right. he seemed chill on the phone. it stated getting suuper shade when i was on my way there when he said he wasnt gonna show. frikken guy
Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey jeremy what kinda of laptop are you looking for my uncle used to work for a mapping company like google maps that sells maps to the government. Their currently laying off everyone and liquidating their equipment.

Do you use the laptop for CAD and 3ds max or is it just for documents and such? Let me know what kind of specs you would like and if i come across something I'll make sure to let you know.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, ive been wanting to get a macbook pro. just cuz im tired of all the spyware and virus crap on my pc. i basically would just use it mostly for documents, but for school, i need it for autocad, solidworks, and all that engineering programming stuff. obviously, i would need to partition the macbook for those programs. haha. but if you come accross a macbook pro, do hit me up
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People sell things and back out all the time. Its crappy he backed out on the gas but thats no reason to completely slander him. I understand you're mad, but none the less I feel outting this guy on here is a little petty.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

At least you have your money still..
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Joyride
At least you have your money still..
x2. Too bad his sister didn't come out. JK
Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand I kinda over reacted on this situation. And I apologize for flaming the guy. But wouldn't you guys be really mad if someone made you drive 70 miles for nothing. Then gas was promised, and never got it. Cuz I know I did
Old 02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had something similair like that happen to me, the person (icon_tc) kept pm'ing me that he had $250 to offer me for my M3 front bumper a while back when i was selling it. i told him sure on the price but drive to me and he said no that it was supposely too far and to lower the price if he had to drive to pick it up, it's BS because our cars don't waste alot of gas but of course too many people on here are dumb cheap about driving a few mins to get something they supposely really want. so we came to an arrangement that i would meet his about 40 mins away from my place and he would of had to drive about 40 mins as well. well the night before he kept telling me that the meet spot was too far but after he said ok lets meet at the original meet spot and when it came to the day i showed up and called and texted the idiot and no reply, i was really ticked off and when i got home i tried to make a thread but because i typed up alot and took a long time i got logged off which was actually good because after i relized that i have driven to SD, OC, IE, Riverside for parts and never complained or hassled the seller for a meet up point. why don't i ever hassle sellers if they can meet me closer, because it's something i really want it and don't care about driving a few mins. anyways my bumper sold after for more and was picked up so i got over it after a while, so you shouldn't really start complaining about him not paying for your gas because what if he did show up and sell you the laptop and supposely work at the moment of purchase and the next day crash on you. you would probably be more ticked off than what you where when you made this thread, best thing to do is move on and next time just drive to get it if you really want it that bad espectally if you start to low ball offer the seller and they agree to it...don't take it the wrong way but i really hate low ballers who sit at home expecting the sellers to drop the items at their door or down the street from their place rather than trying to help out the seller
Old 02-16-2011, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

i woulda showed up pistol whiped both of u and left with the labtop,750 and the kids sister..