Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Bad XB buying experience.

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default Bad XB buying experience.

A few weeks ago i decided to get a Scion xb and had my heart set on getting the RS 3.0 but after looking around all the local dealerships in the SA area i could not find one. So i goes to one off of 410 here in Sa and test drive a 2006 XB which woulda been 17,095 with an armrest and spoiler. The girl who was helping us was at the time so friendly and jovial and seemed really interested in helping me out eventhough she said THERE WERE NO MORE green 3.0s in the region and she could not go outta her area to find one. ne way the morning i was going to go close the deal on the basic XB i by chance looked on Carmax and found the very very nice envy green which had only 6000 miles for 17,995. i jumped on it eventhough i had to pay to have it shipped. its great and is rolling on 18's with some great looking rims! anyway i went to the Scion dealership to inform the woman salesperson that i wanted my deposit back on my card and boy o boy was she a different person. instead of being happy that i found the car i had my heart set on she made faces and limply shook my hand. i think this is bs cos she sells lots of cars and coulda taken on a different demeanor. wanting to give her and the dealershipm my business i asked her if i could buy an extended service plan through the joint. she told me in a flippant tone "NO, YOU HAVE TO BUY A CAR HERE TO BUY THE PLAN." WELL much to my chagrin i later called and spoke to someone other than her and was told that as long as its still under the original 3 year factory warranty then its all kool in the gang to get one through them. that stupid broad being ____ed about missing out on a sale lied to me and pretty much told me to go to hell. i was going to report her to her Gm cos i think it was totally out of line but decided instead to vent here. she is the epitome of the reputation that car salesmen have. anyway i just wanted to vent.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I went through something close to that, I went with my grandparents(co-signers, ones a lawyer) to Lander's Toyota Scion here in arkansas, I started looking at used cars and was put in a dodge intrepid 98 model with 250k+ miles(I requested chrysler products or toyota products only) it was ragged out, food rotting in the back seat, they wanted 15k for it, the used salesperson was a jerk, and told me to go look at new cars for this and that reason, because I didn't want to buy a ford gas guzzler( I hate ford!) well I went in and talked to the scion salesperson, the only one there that day, and he basicly snubbed his nose at us, kept asking my grandfather and I quote "on a scale of 1 - 10 what is your credit score" thats all he cared about, well a few days later I went back and talked to another salesman, and we basicly set up a deal, we filled out some paperwork, and the following day I brought my old car in to trade it in, and he gave me their show xb to drive till mine came in, then a week and a half later he calls and says I have to bring it back because they were going to a show with it that weekend, so I did, and they put me in an old ragged out car, and he basicly said that if they didn't have my xB in by the end of the day I would have to bring that car back and walk home, luckily my car came in, and we finished the paperwork, well on the way home, it was night time, the headlights shut completely off and wouldn't come on(on an xb with 4 miles on it) well I set up a date to meet with them 2 weeks later, in the mean time the called my co signers, my father, everyone but me, and said I was going to have to bring the car back because they couldn't finance me and I was out my trade in as "rental" for the new xb, well we fought, and fought for a few days, then my grand father said the magic words "we will bring it back, and hand you the lawsuit papers" I got to keep the car, but they've kept screwing me over on my warranty and what not, they keep saying that nothing is covered under the warranty or the factory warranty, the car isn't yet a year old
Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well, at least you didn't have a sales person that knew NOTHING about the vehicle.