Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

co signing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default co signing?

i dont have a scion but i plan on getting one. now i dont make much cash and i was wundering what the porcess would be like if i got my father to cosign with me. and how much would the monthly payments be. this is for a base modle xB auto, with no bells and wistles. also if anyone knows tell me how much extra the aftermarket wheels would be.

i searched a lil bit before making ths post but i got dicouraged...thanks for any and all help
Old 09-02-2004, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Monthly payments will depend on how much cash you're able to put down and how good your credit is (and your father's, if he's co-signing). If you have an idea what your credit score is (and your dad's), you can go to Scion's website and determine the interest rate you can get from Toyota Finance (put in your zip code to see rates in your area). If you get your own financing through your bank or credit union, you might be able to secure a lower rate, which would mean lower payments.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

When I went to the bank for my financing, they made me put 15% down, which was a surprise, but the bank will generally offer a lower rate. I am paying 3.95% and the loan was for 13000 and change, with a 2400 out of pocket downpayment. My payments are 122 every two weeks, taken directly from my check. Shop around before you finance through the dealer. The dealer told me the best they would be able to do with tier 1 credit(definitely not me) would be 4.5%. Just do some research, especially if you belong to any type of credit union.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: co signing?

Originally Posted by Reign_Man
i dont have a scion but i plan on getting one. now i dont make much cash and i was wundering what the porcess would be like if i got my father to cosign with me.
If you "don't make much cash" perhaps you should be looking for a more economical ride, like used Civic. Your father won't be pleased if your cash comes up short and he's left holding the bag.

Get the cash first, then the car!

George
Old 10-18-2004, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Alot of things come into plan when calculating what your payments will look like for your new vehicle. Things such as Interest Rate, Cash Down, and Price of Vehicle. I would highly recommend saving up a lil bit of cash, then just going to a local dealer & talking to someone.