Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Do not buy parts from Monster Motorworks (Weapon-R)

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:52 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I would buy from them. Its a rare thing. Its not like every other post on Scion life is bashing them. I am a reasonable man and know that stuff happens. Bad customer service happens. But to try and cause the downfall of a company over one personal experience is insane. The world doesnt evovle around one persons experience. It evolves around the population as a whole. There is another thread in here where WR is praised highly.
So why does a bad experience have more weight than a good one? Why does this experience make someone not want to buy from WR but the good experience didnt make someone jump on their nuts?
Ohwell I own nothing of WR's but i see no problem with them. Enjoy your free gift, i guess this thread benefited you like you were hoping.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

squirrel wrote:
What if it was the huge 60 inch screen tv you bought and had to rent a pick-up truck to bring it back?
This is really apples and oranges. A manufactuer who stood by their product should make a reasonable effort to to satisfy their customers.

Since you bring up electronics, I purchased a Harman Kardon receiver several years ago from a retailer. It came with a 2 year manf warranty. After 1 year I had a problem with it. At this point you don't deal with the retailer, you deal with someone at HK direct. Through a service center they decided to send me a replacement refurb. Turns out a few months later I had the same problem with that unit, and it was 1 month shy of its 2 year anniversary. I called them up and explained the problem and also noted that I was not interested in shipping a 50 pould receiver back to them. They issued a call tag and sent me a brand spanking new receiver from their current line.

If HK can do this with an $800 receiver, what prevents this other retailer from eating $10 for their structural defect? I understand that defects occur and sometimes you get the lemon. But I am pleased to discuss my experience with HK because they stand behind their product and have superior customer service. I would gladly buy from HK again and often recommend them to others.

Why do amazon and circuit city have consumer reviews of products on their site at the risk of showing terrible experiences and hurting sales of particular items? Because you linger much longer to read them and feel you're making a more informed purchase on the ones with 5 stars.

The point is,reviews have weight. When they aren't favorable, they give people pause and when they are great consumers take a second look. Narrow minded retailers who think their actions have no consequence are severly misinformed. They are thinking about the current sale, rather than the lifetime value of the customer. Each (mis)step defines your brand. Blogs, forums, BBB reviews and word of mouth are just as and many times more important than glossy ads in (pick your favorite car magazine). The retail world is getting a lot smaller and the net is a great equalizer.

I'm not a consumer who looks for something for nothing. It doesn't look like djicey was either. I don't think he was attempting to "cause the downfall" of this company either...that's a bit dramatic..one post on scionlife doesn't end a company does it? He simply wanted resolution to a manufacturers defect and did not feel satisfied by their response to him. If he is happy with his freebie, then good for him. Aside from personal expectations as a consumer, my career has been focused on retail/wholesale ops supporting fortune 500 brands in infrastructure, CRM, customer service, technology and ecommerce.

To answer your query about the tv, rarely would you rent a pick up truck. You'd pick up the phone and dial the 800 number...most manufacturers would send a tech directly to your home.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I tend to agree, the least a mail order company can do is pay to have their defective stuff shipped back. I've dealt with a few companys that send a replacement, and and return shipping label, those are the companies I'll buy from twice.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

I got your email DJICEY702 ...free gift on its way.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow sucks to hear that both parts were f'ed-up... i remember you were pumped to get them. FREE PART woohoo, gotta let us know when you get it "Mr. G"
Old 01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I got the free gift.
They sent me four seat belt pads with
the Weapon-R logo
on it and another bag
filled with all kinds of stickers, badges, and key chains.
I am thankful for the gifts and all is well....
Thanks Chris !
Old 02-01-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the title of this thread should be edited. maybe add "-resolved" after the title...
Old 02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Just thought I'd chime in on the whole "customer service" thing.

Sometimes the customer is wrong.

There are always limits to what different companies are willing to do to satisfy different customers.

Some customers are idiots. (not anyone on this board of course )

Some companies are idiots.

Manufacturing, as a business, is a pain in the ___. 6-sigma, demand flow, lean, supply chain management, vendors, unions, marketing, paradigm shifting, 100% inspection is only 85% effective, etc.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:11 PM
SL Member

I hAvE aN eNgInE dAmPeR wAiTiNg To Be PuT iN.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Do not buy parts from Monster Motorworks (Weapon-R)

MaYbE tHiS nEeDs ChAnGiNg, N tHe TiTlE 2.

Originally Posted by Djicey702
Do not buy parts from Monster Motorworks (Weapon-R)

Here are the facts: I ordered a rear strut bar and a radiator diversion panel from Monster Motorworks and I recieved it yesterday (1-23-06). While inspecting the strut bar I noticed that they did not finish a weld that secured the tube to the bracket.
Moreover, the radiator diversion panel looked okay (not entirely impressed, but okay) but I noticed, to the right of the Monster Motorworks emblem there is a 3mm hole, for what you ask? Well it is obvious that the previous emblem they used was wider and was riveted on because there is another hole just to left of it; it's under the emblem that is now adheared with double-sided tape. I called Monster Motorworks:1-650-877-8280
and spoke with Chris W. who was a nice guy and tried to help but it would seem that upper management sucks! He told me that I have to send back the strut bar to be fixed and the diversion panel, he says " there is no actual defect with the product so there is nothing they can do. Futhermore, if I would send the strut bar back to them I have to pay for shipping. WTF !
Everyone take my advice and save youself a headache.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Perhaps we can just delete this entire post, I am surprised it is still here.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh snap i should get some free gifts too for my bad header fit. https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...400&highlight=

All i got was them being annoyed of my for bothering them too much. i would like some seat belts pad your lucky.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

over $60, you decide if it's worth it or not. I will never put this Oil Cash Tank in my car. The sad thing is it was not even close to the pic advertised and was so busy I opened the box way after the return date. Wow I think Fuse Designs should hire Weapon-R for there welding jobs!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol