Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Don't Trust weezyfbayba

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Don't Trust weezyfbayba

Came from thread tC totaled tc partout

Don't ever EVER deal with this guy! Since it was a partout I contacted him because I wanted to buy the stock front brake assembly for both the left and right side. I needed it because I have to take off my big brake kit and due to unfortunate reasons I had to get another set. Since this guy is parting out I would think "Why not?". Initially when I contacted him we set a price for $250 on the full set (calipers, lines, pads, and rotors). He agreed to the price but wanted me to pay through Paypal using "GIFT" because he didn't want to pay the fees. Of course I said no and agreed to pay the fees because there's no liability if sent any other way. So in the meantime I went to transfer funds onto my account so I can pay for the item. It took a few days which was pretty normal but in the meantime day after day he continued to text me..."When are you going to pay for the brakes?" It has only been three days and I told him the day that I agreed to pay for the items.

So as each day rolled by he continued to text me to a point where I said, "Hey dude. I already told you the money is being transferred to my account. When it clears, I will send it. Calm down." He kept quiet after I told him to just shut up and wait. And so, the money transferred to a backup account as I intended it to be and sent the money via Paypal at hondagangsta@hotmail.com. I told him twice, on the Paypal notes and over message saying, "When you send this package out, I want the tracking number. It is urgent that I get that number." He agreed and told me that he will give me the number once the Paypal payment transfers to his bank account. That alone sounded fishy. On the thread itself, it mentioned that he has no internet and that you would have to call him or text him on his cell. So how did he get into Paypal if his internet was down? It was through his GIRLFRIEND'S computer.

Now that this guy kept asking me about when I am going to pay him, it was my turn to ask him "Where is MY tracking number?" Being that it was a couple days later, his first response was: "When my money hits my bank account...". Fine. FIVE days after, his next response was: "Give you the number when I get home tonight. Been really busy...got a new job." NEVER gave me the number. Fine, maybe he was tired. The next day in the afternoon on a Saturday. NO RESPONSE. Days after I sent text message after text message. No answer, no response. It has now been another week since I last contacted him and still no package or tracking number. I am now currently taking this dispute with Paypal and he still hasn't responded. I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK! You would think that if he even had access to the internet with his GF's computer he would at least contact someone or leave feedback to the buyer. Nope. Which makes this guy a scammer. If anyone here reads this and personally knows this guy, give me his address. Who knows pwee08 could have been an accomplice as he never responded to the thread either to defend him. I am also reporting him for fraud with Paypal so I hope to get my money back within the next couple weeks. Hondagangsta huh? Ain't so gangsta when Paypal pulls money back from your bank account and throw you into the negative.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow. I was about to buy about $500 worth of parts from this guy.

Sorry to hear it, hope you get your money back soon :/
Old 08-06-2011, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Uh oh.. Hope everything goes well man. Sucks to hear. Hopefully, its just a misunderstanding and things work out
Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't worry you'll get your funds back, just hate when ppl are shady like that, just had a member banned on s2ki for the same reason. The buyer got his money back through paypal. You'll be fine as for SL they should ban this guy.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ended up eventually getting my stuff, but had a very similar experience to OP.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180068
Old 08-07-2011, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Having similar trouble with this guy. Same sale thread as Shooting-Star, the totaled tc partout thread. I wanted the tail light wiring harnesses and we agreed on $40 shipped. Had funds in my Paypal account so I paid him the same day. I never send payments as gift, I send extra instead to cover the fees so at least I'm protected by Paypal for this.

Anyway, paypaled him on July 5, then heard nothing from him for a week, so I texted again to ask if he shipped it. He told me he "shipped it yesterday", which made it July 12 that he claims to have shipped it. He says it was shipped USPS, and that there was no tracking number.

I then waited for over two and a half weeks, and nothing ever arrived in the mail. I started texting him every few days to ask what was up, and whether he could send me a picture of the shipping receipt to prove that he had sent it. Still no reply, and at this point it was over three weeks since he claimed he'd shipped it.

If it was lost by USPS, he is the shipper so he has to be the one to file a claim with USPS. He won't reply to my texts or PM though, so I filed a Paypal dispute two days ago as there is nothing else I can do. He has yet to reply to that either, however. I'm gonna escalate it to a claim and get my money back.

Very annoying, I have my Anzos here waiting and I can't put them in because I need these harnesses.

Don't EVER buy anything from this guy, you can see the poor experiences in One-Nut_McGee's thread and now with Shooting-Star and myself.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got my money back through paypal, I filed a claim and he never responded. Once again, DO NOT buy from this guy.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i just saw this thread right now, I bought both side skirts & rear bumper off him. I never met the guy till i went to go buy the stuff off him. I talk to him for a good hour then i drove back to miami since he lives in lehigh florida. I am in no way a accomplice. He text me to bump his thread a few times with his cell phone number so people could buy parts off him i did so because he was a cool guy when i was there speaking to him. Never thought he would try to scam people over the internet. If you ever thought i was wood to the fire i am sorry, but like i said i was not apart of this.

If thats not enough check my itrader i have never scam no one and will never do so plus i'm still have items up for sale. I also sold a good 1k in auto to manual parts to a member on here if you want i can have him vouch for me that everything went smoothly.

The last thing i'd want is for members on a car forum i am on almost every day to think i am a scammer while i'm trying to sell items. Also i love the scion community my sister drives a gen1 xb & i have 2 tc's at the moment check out my build thread.

Last edited by pwee08; 09-25-2011 at 08:53 AM.