Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

How BuddasTC ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How BuddasTC ripped me off

Monday, 10/2/06
BuddasTC posts he has an APR carbon fiber splitter for sale. He wrote, "I have one of these for sale in the classified, 225 shipped, pm of you want it." You can read his quote at https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=141328

Wednesday, 10/4/06.
I inquire about the splitter and he replies, “I may be able to get it shipped out today, it will have a tracking number, either fed ex or ups. The paypal is Hionn20@hotmail.com.”
I Paypal him $225 to ship the splitter from Arizona to Los Angeles (which takes 2-3 days by Fedex/UPS ground). He replies that same day, “Ill try to today, if not, for sure tomorrow..”

Friday, 10/6/06
I message him about the status of the splitter and he replies, “Im sorry brother its going today, its packaged and at the shop to ship already.”

Saturday, 10/7/06
I message him again for an update and the tracking number he promised me. I get no response.

Monday, 10/9/06 (Columbus Day)
I message him again asking if he is ripping me off and he replies…“I am not screwing you over, We are having isues with Fed ex and it is packaged and shipped, we where closed over the weekend and today. I promise you will have it. Your getting a great deal on it.”

Tuesday, 10/10/06
I message him again asking for a tracking number and estimated time of arrival. I get no response.

Sunday, 10/15/06
I make this post on Scionlife and contact paypal. Later that day BuddasTC finally replies to my message, “It shipped, I will have the tracking number for you hopefully tomorrow when I return to work, as for it not being listed in the calssifieds, its under the s/n Boomster, not mine name.”

Tuesday, 10/17/06
I get another message from BuddasTC with a tracking number. According to Fedex it shipped on 10/13 (9 days after I paid). I receive the splitter later that day.

Package contents:
On 10/4/06 BuddasTC wrote to me, “It is brand new, it was never installed, all the hardware is still there.” The splitter was NOT brand new, has been INSTALLED before, and all hardware was NOT there. The splitter arrived in a hallmark furniture box reinforced with plywood. The used mounting hardware/braces were loosely thrown in the ghetto-rigged box, plus some pieces of it came missing. The splitter has 6 drilled holes (supposed to have none) and scuff marks from mounting against the bumper. Finally the splitter is wrapped/tweaked (you can see in the photo below).

Photo of the splitter and box it came in.

Conclusion
BuddasTC repeatedly misled me regarding the shipment and condition of the splitter. In addition he did not respond to my messages once it became clear he misled me. I do not recommend doing business with BuddasTC. Although I got my package (eventually), I was still ripped off. I dropped my claim with Paypal because I dont want to deal with this moron anymore.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Looks cut and dry to me, you gave him ample time and showed more patience than I would've.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Call the authorities, quit fussin. Waste of forum space.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^ Eh?

He isnt "fussin", he's just giving a heads up to the rest of the community. And how is it a waste of forum space, it's posted in BUYER/SELLER EXPERIENCES.

...some people
Old 10-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup, this topic is right where it belongs, and is not a waste.

Tomas
Old 10-16-2006, 07:00 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

/\/\ word
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whoops I didn't see this part.
Forum Index -> Private Party Classifieds -> Buyer / Seller Experiences
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

ouch....Have you received it yet..?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I finally got the splitter, but BuddasTC still managed to rip me off. I updated the original post.

Dont do business with BuddasTC or Boomster.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I didnt rip you off at all, I shipped you the splitter, the recieved the splitter, when I told you that it was going to take a few days you knew it. I kept you up to date on what was going on, god for bid i didnt reply to you right when you wanted me to.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddasTC
I didnt rip you off at all, I shipped you the splitter, the recieved the splitter, when I told you that it was going to take a few days you knew it. I kept you up to date on what was going on, god for bid i didnt reply to you right when you wanted me to.

god forbid you actually follow through on what you agree to.

what about sending me a used splitter what was marketed as "new and never installed"?

dont make promises you cant keep and stop misleading people.
if you cant reply to a private message about an item that was 12 days overdue (especially when you promised it would go out immediately), then you have terrible business sense. lets hope you never operate a business because you have awful customer service.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Well since you continue to be bitter, you obviously have no idea what you bought, you would be able to tell by the splitter itself that it would be road rashed or dirty if it was installed, since it was clean and never installed, those are pilot holes for you to mount it.

Now, was there scratches on the splitter from scratches??? NO!

Was there SEVERAL HOLES, like there should be when it is actually installed....NO!

Before you start a thread on someone for giving you poor buisness, do your homework on what you actually buying.

Yes, I did not respond to your messages that you sent me that where sent to me on the WEEKEND OF A SHOW, WHEN I WAS NOT AROUND A COMPUTER, but when I did recieve your messages I was prompt. Maybe if you had .02 cents you would have sent me your phone number so I could have clearified the situation for you.

Try to be a little bit more mature and dont go crying on a thread to throw peoples names around. I dont appreciate you trying to slander my name or Boomster on here. I am involved with a lot of people with scions and there are plenty of people who would back me up to show that your claims are bogus.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddasTC
Well since you continue to be bitter, you obviously have no idea what you bought, you would be able to tell by the splitter itself that it would be road rashed or dirty if it was installed, since it was clean and never installed, those are pilot holes for you to mount it.

Now, was there scratches on the splitter from scratches??? NO!

Was there SEVERAL HOLES, like there should be when it is actually installed....NO!

Before you start a thread on someone for giving you poor buisness, do your homework on what you actually buying.

Yes, I did not respond to your messages that you sent me that where sent to me on the WEEKEND OF A SHOW, WHEN I WAS NOT AROUND A COMPUTER, but when I did recieve your messages I was prompt. Maybe if you had .02 cents you would have sent me your phone number so I could have clearified the situation for you.

Try to be a little bit more mature and dont go crying on a thread to throw peoples names around. I dont appreciate you trying to slander my name or Boomster on here. I am involved with a lot of people with scions and there are plenty of people who would back me up to show that your claims are bogus.
i call BS on Budda.....http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...&Store_Code=EM

there shouldnt be any so-called "pilot holes" in it whatsoever.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've seen this product brand new, out of the box (which doesnt come in a Hallmark box). They dont come with pilot holes or any holes. Anyone who has bought this new can attest to that. That doesnt explain why the mounting/suport rods were bag-less, partially assembled, and missing pieces.

http://www.aprperformance.com/index....d=81&Itemid=44

the photo in my first post shows the holes are not drilled in the same places on each side of the splitter. the fiberglass underneath the splitter is mildly cracking around the holes from the pressure of being bolt on previously.

when I look at the gloss/reflection of the CF, I can see the dull spots (in the shape of a U, like a bumper) where a bumper rubbed up against the clear coat.

i'm not slandering anyone. i dont know you personally and i'm not making personal statements about you. i'm presenting the facts and truth about my business dealing with you. i dont appreciate being lied to and ripped off. being "involved with a lot of people with scions" doesnt mean you are an ethical or honest businessman.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HKSpeed

i'm not slandering anyone. i dont know you personally and i'm not making personal statements about you. i'm presenting the facts and truth about my business dealing with you. being "involved with a lot of people with scions" doesnt mean you are an ethical or honest businessman.

hmmmm....and this was ment for????? "I dont want to deal with this moron anymore."

And where were the holes for the support rods???

I'm finished with this thread. Your a prime example of why Scion Life is overrated.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where are the remaining parts for the support rods?

youre a prime example of why people should be very cautious about doing business with private individuals over the internet.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

oh yeah your right.....Have a great day, thanks for doing buisness.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm finished with this thread. Your a prime example of why Scion Life is overrated.
And now ScionLife gets slammed? OK.

If the discussion is kept to the transaction and the facts about it, it's OK. If it turns to personal attacks or spreads to other areas, it isn't.

Sounds like both sides on this have presented their cases and said they are finished... From here on it's up to the folks reading to make their own decisions.

I see no reason to leave this open since those actually involved have said they are done, so I'm locking it.

Tomas