Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

MengMotorSports

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs down MengMotorSports

Made a rather large order from them on 7/9/11 and didnt get a tracking number until yesterday.

I ordered:
Brake lines
Front rotors
Rear rotors
front pads

The package arrived today but with only the brake lines

No emails, note or anything regarding the rest of my order. I came home from work expecting all of my order here today but came home to just one item? I'm so mad and upset right now that I cannot wait until tomorrow morning to give them a phone call.

So far not very happy with their service..this might be the last time I order from them.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, that doesnt sound like Meng at all. Maybe there was a mess up in the order? Mistakes do happen. IMO, Meng is great company to buy from. I've dealt with them numerous times. They have great customer service. I'll admit that they have been slow at times with responding to emails, but all and all still a good company.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you get everything figured out and get the rest of your parts.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:47 PM

It tends to take awhile for all that stuff to come out~ You know that they have to make those things before they manufacturer mails it right.

I can vouche that Meng is top notch and is always on top of things.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Make it? They emailed me apologizing for the delay and saying that they indeed have it in stock. Even if it was going to be sent as a couple of packages, couldnt they have sent me a couple of tracking number?

Anyway, store is closed Sat and Sun and couldnt call them. I'll call them during my break at work tomorrow and hopefully things are smoothed out..if not I'll have to call my credit card company.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:17 AM
SL Member

Well, give them sometimes, I am sure Tony from Meng will fix it up for you. ;)
Old 07-19-2011, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update:

I wish they would have just made it clear that it was going to be two packages and could have given me two tracking numbers.

It doesnt help when you get one tracking number the day before the delivery only to find out that you only got one part of your $400+ order.

Theyre a great company but the customer service needs some help. They need to work on sending those emails on time with tracking number or keeping you up to date with the order. To be honest, if they said that they were out of stock and had to restock and would take a day or two, I wouldnt have been so mad. Any excuse is better than NONE.

I would have had the peace of mind knowing that my order is still coming. Notifying the customer that it will be sent in more than one packages would also help. I'm coming home from work having all kinds of thoughts like maybe my neighbor stole my package or maybe I got scammed, I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Also, getting through the phone line was a pain in the ___. I had to call four times before finally getting through. Maybe im not the only one with this problem?

To make the long story short, talked to Tony during my break at work today. Finally got my tracking number on the second package, Tony was very helpful and very professional but what a headache this whole experience was.

I am being honest when I say that this is most likely my last order with them. I do most of my shopping online, this is the first time I've ever gotten a headache from ordering online. Whenever I make $100+ orders, I expect everything to go smooth
Old 07-19-2011, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe next time you should try and get in contact with them, let them try and resolve the issue before you start a thread like this! Crap happens but try and work it out first!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did, I sent an email which they still havent responded to.

$400 is a lot of money, If im paying that much I expect both tracking numbers not just one.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Chris, we sent you two emails. One on the 12th one on the 15th..... Both emails kept you updated and the first email was only 1 business day after you placed the order.

The second email had both tracking numbers for both packages. Everything was in stock and shipped together, Except the dezod lines which had to be shipped directly from Dezod. We had them ship it to you so they didn't have to ship to us, then us ship to you which would be a bit longer. I'm not sure what else we can do for you. The emails most likely went into your spam folder and for that I have no control over. Please check your spam folder and look at those dates. We sent you emails.

Yes I apologize for having you call us so many times. But you called four times within 4 minutes. We were most likely already on the line helping a customer. I know this because right after I got off the phone I personally called you back. We do not have a lot of customer service reps, but we always call our customers back. We appreciate your business very much Chris and I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. We honestly tried our best to keep you updated. I am looking at my email history now and it shows emails from the 12th and 15th. The 12th being only one business day after you placed the order. I should have called you instead of sending an email, sorry Chris
Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I ordered my clutch line from Dezod it was in a separate package from the B&M Shifter I ordered, I can't remember if their customer service gave me a call or I called to check on that though. IDK all that you ordered but seems the Dezod items are in demand, the rear sway bar endlinks I ordered had a week wait because of backorder.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
Chris, we sent you two emails. One on the 12th one on the 15th..... Both emails kept you updated and the first email was only 1 business day after you placed the order.

The second email had both tracking numbers for both packages. Everything was in stock and shipped together, Except the dezod lines which had to be shipped directly from Dezod. We had them ship it to you so they didn't have to ship to us, then us ship to you which would be a bit longer. I'm not sure what else we can do for you. The emails most likely went into your spam folder and for that I have no control over. Please check your spam folder and look at those dates. We sent you emails.

Yes I apologize for having you call us so many times. But you called four times within 4 minutes. We were most likely already on the line helping a customer. I know this because right after I got off the phone I personally called you back. We do not have a lot of customer service reps, but we always call our customers back. We appreciate your business very much Chris and I am sincerely sorry for this inconvenience. We honestly tried our best to keep you updated. I am looking at my email history now and it shows emails from the 12th and 15th. The 12th being only one business day after you placed the order. I should have called you instead of sending an email, sorry Chris
I have a droid and always check my emails. I did not receive two tracking numbers other wise I wouldnt have made this thread. There was nothing in my spam folder.

Meng Motorsports

Re: Your Order Has Been Shipped!
6:44 AM 7KB (Todays mail, expected delivery is also today)
Read

Meng Motorsports

Re: Re: Your Order Has Been Shipped!
Fri, 7/15/11 4KB
Read (Automated reply message)
"Dear valued customer,

We have received your message and will try to respond within 24 hours. Your questions and concerns are very important to us.

Thank you for visiting Meng Motorsports."

--
You replied to this message

Meng Motorsports

Your Order Has Been Shipped!
Fri, 7/15/11 5KB
Read (Replying that I only got the lines)
"..Tracking is available for most orders. Please go to the "My Account" section on the Meng Motorsports website to receive a tracking number on your order.." Again, only one tracking number, other wise I wouldnt have made the thread nor emailed you guys.
--

Meng Motorsports

Re: Order Confirmation
Wed, 7/13/11 6KB
Read

ANTHONY KHAUV

MENG MOTORSPORTS Customer Receipt/Purchase Confirmation
Sat, 7/9/11 9KB
Unread

Meng Motorsports

Order Confirmation
Sat, 7/9/11 5KB
Btw, that reply that I did get was nothing more than an automated message. Let me know if you want me to post the mail content. And me calling four times under 4 minutes was second attempt at around 8:30. The first call was at around 6pm which also took a couple of tries.

Anyway, im just glad it was cleared up.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you delete your spam folder before checking it? I never check mine just delete it all! And on your droid you did check the bulk folder right?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
Did you delete your spam folder before checking it? I never check mine just delete it all! And on your droid you did check the bulk folder right?
I never delete it either. I dont get spam mail too much so there isnt too much of a need to delete them.

Yes, and I also check my mail on the computer just as often.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I made sure no private information was shown. If you really must see, here is the Screen shot of our email client. One email was sent on the 9th when you ordered which was Saturday. No orders go out Saturday simply because most carriers don't ship either way. The email of the 13th was send midnight, an hour past the 12th mainly stating that the order will arrive in two separate packages. Keep in mind that your order still shipped 1-2 business days after you placed the order. If this is an argument about whether or not we told you your package will arrive in two packages, then here is proof. If that is the wrong email address, then we take full blame, but we sent you the emails to the address we have on file Chris. If the emails never got to you, then I really can't do much about that. Lastly, the email on the 15th further states again that the order will arrive in two packages and has both tracking numbers. Logging into your account will only show one number simply because thats all our website client will allow us to input. However we personally emailed you two tracking numbers for your convenience. Your order still arrived in about 1 week. I'm sorry we didn't do a better job keeping you up to date but we tried our best.

*Screenshot proof of email client has been deleted to preserve customer privacy and thread has come to a conclusion

Last edited by mengsta; 07-21-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I do apologize for sending the tracking numbers to you late Chris, but the parts were still physically shipped within 1-2 business days of you ordering. An email was sent out stating that the order will arrive in two packages the next day. We made that priority to let you know. The order also arrived in about one week, everything still arrived in a timely manner. We take customer service very seriously and are trying our best to clear things up as we try our best to prevent threads like this.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well thats interesting, never got that email and I also didnt get the email about the lines not being in stock.

If you like, I'll copy and paste all the emails that I've gotten from you? Again, theres nothing in the spam folder so I have no idea why I didnt get that email. I dont delete anything either, I keep mails for at least a month before deleting them.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:38 AM

So much overreaction. Glad everything was still good.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xAdverse
So much overreaction. Glad everything was still good.
I am too glad that everything was still good but I dont think it was an over reaction. Obviously, I never got the two emails and when you have $400 on the line, I think I reacted just fine. I was a day away from just calling my credit card company and making sure I got my money back.

I apologize if I'm not as rich as most of you guys but $400 is a lot of money.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Chris there is no need for any action on your part. I have no intention of arguing at all and totally believe you. In fact, I am going to give you store credit back for the shipping cost just to show our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. Sometimes these email clients just fail and certain emails do not go through =[. I am only posting here, because I feel like we have a right to defend our name and post that we did attempt to send you emails as we do not want to worry any future customers.

I am glad everything worked out and the parts still arrived in a timely manner. If you ever do change your mind in the future and want to do business with us again, I will personally make sure to give you a call if your order will arrive in separate packages. In conclusion, I want to thank you for your business and hope you are enjoying your new products.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

BTW, expect a letter from us Chris, our decals came in so we will be sending you some for your order as well as a reciept and thank you letter that we send out to all orders.

Quick Reply: MengMotorSports