Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

MotorFX- Negative Consumer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default MotorFX- Negative Consumer Experience

As ScionLife is a resource for us, I felt it neccessary to share en totale my negative experience with MotorFX. Please do not think this is a bash-listing; I highlight the positives of the company in my email as well, but just want to make it known what happened to me in the hopes that it won't happen to anyone else. I also feel that when you advertise on this public forum, you should be accountable for your company's actions. Please see the private message below that i sent to MotorFX:

[name removed],

Your company and its products came highly recommended on ScionLife, which is why I chose to purchase from you. Your help fielding my questions prior to my purchase was outstanding. Eddie who helped me make my order and contacted me to let me know the item would ship, was extremely helpful.

Unfortunately, that is where my pleasant experience ended. While waiting for the item to arrive, with no notification that it shipped, I tried multiple times to contact your office, only to see if it had been shipped or if there was some problem. I left many phone messages, sent emails, and never heard back. Eventually, your voicemail box was full.

Finally, I managed to get in touch with you via phone, and heard the item was shipped. I thought everything was fine. I got the hood, it looks wonderful (except for a few scratches, including one from a drill spin near my pre drilled holes), and fit perfectly. I did encounter a problem with the pre drilled holes, which for NO SCION will work when they are drilled straight through, but luckily I was willing to RE DRILL the holes myself. I did not expect that getting pre drilled holes would require me to completely re-drill one side, but I was willing to accept that.

Then a $300 charge from MOTOR FX appeared on my credit card statement, with no explanation. I did not authorize this charge. I have an invoice from MotorFX in the amount of 565 for my CF hood, which was paid in full.

I called and left multiple messages, and even contacted you via PM here on ScionLife, and finally got your response that you would look into it. Since then, I have heard nothing from you and the charge has not been reversed, nor have I been credited. I have since had to take up a dispute with my credit card company for this unauthorized charge.

It saddens me to have had such a bad experience with a small company that i'd like to support, who does such good work. But this abominable customer service, even in the face of fraudulent charges to my credit card, is unacceptable. I will not do business with your company again, nor can I in good conscience recommend you to others on ScionLife or in any other Life.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For me i only had the problem of the holes. So did you re drill them so its straight down ? Also what did you use to attach the water line to the hood ?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Tecrun19
For me i only had the problem of the holes. So did you re drill them so its straight down ? Also what did you use to attach the water line to the hood ?
Take a look at the thread addressing this issue- i drew a diagram
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...154&highlight=

The holes actually need to be more offset so as not to kink the hose. I was able to use the original hose and everything on the hood, although when I used the holes they drilled I thought i had a lot of room leftover, so I cut off some tubing. Of course, when i realized i needed to re-drill I needed that extra tubing, so I went to Schuck's auto supply and brought a piece of the tube and got a comparable piece of vacuum tubing to replace it. Very cheap.

As for attaching the tubes to the hood, I used small plastic squares with adhesive backing that are designed to have zipties go through them. I don't know the "formal' name for them, but I think you can get them in any hardcore pc supply store- they are designed to stick to the interior of a computer case and allow you to ziptie cables to them. I can take a pic of my rig if you need.