Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

NYXbScion--bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs down NYXbScion--bad experience

NYXbScion and I agreed to a price on the steering wheel he was selling in this thread:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204203

We agreed that I would pay the PayPal fees. I asked for his PayPal address, then that's where the communication stopped. I've PM'd him several times since agreeing to purchase the steering wheel, with no response. He has logged on many times since, but is choosing to ignore my messages.

sent 7/1
Originally Posted by Scream
Originally Posted by NYXbScion
What ZIP would it be shipped to?

Buddy at the dealership was a bust. Did you think about my offer? Ready to work out a deal?

Mike
I will do $xxx shipped as long as you pay discretly through paypal (as a gift). Or add 3% for fees. Let me know
Sounds good. I will be glad to cover the 3% fee. Please let me know your PP email address and I'll send the money immediately.

Thanks,
Mike
I waited a couple of weeks, never heard anything...so I sent this PM

sent 7/21

Buddy at the dealership was a bust. Did you think about my offer? Ready to work out a deal?

Mike
I will do $xxx shipped as long as you pay discretly through paypal (as a gift). Or add 3% for fees. Let me know
How's it going? Stil wondering what's up with the steering wheel? I see that you've been logged on to the site, are you just ignoring my PMs? I thought we had a deal? I'm ready to buy it based on the terms that we agreed to in the above PM.

Thanks man,
Mike
and then finally, this one on 8/1

Mike
So will you please just tell me what's going on? I take it that your ignoring me means that you're not going to sell me the steering wheel? I would really appreciate you just telling me what's going on so I'll quit checking the board for messages. Thanks.

There really isn't anything that I can do at this point, the guy's out of the Scion scene so he probably doesn't care much about his reputation, but he is still actively trying to sell parts on this site. Buyer beware, very shady.

I have all the PMs saved to back this up if needed. I will be sending him a link to this post via PM and also posting a link in his other FS threads.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you given him money and you have not received your product? Or did you just agree to something that has not shaken out yet? If you paid and he did not deliver I would take that as bad feedback. But if you are giving him bad feed back on something you didnt pay for YET. That's kinda messed up. Deals fall apart all the time. Stuff Happens... there's no real obligation here from either party unless you paid. I could say the same thing to my wife. She promises such and such but then something happens and she fails to pre-form such and such.... I'm not going to hold it to her and give her bad feed back. hehe Its obvious he is in no rush. I would not sweat it...
Old 08-04-2011, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So you would agree to buy something, ask for a paypal address to send the money, and then wait a month with no communication and just say eh, no big deal?

Granted, no money has changed hands, but we had an agreement to make a transaction and he out of nowhere stopped all communication with me. He's been on the site and has posted in other for sale threads on here in the meantime.

I would want to know if I were doing business with someone on this site that backed out of deals like this. I thought that's what the feedback section was for?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed with feldy. cry only if he has actually taken your money
Old 08-04-2011, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not crying, I'm relating a bad experience with the community, which is what I thought this section was for. I didn't read in the rules "only post if you've lost money."

I didn't realize warning fellow board members of shady dealings was a bad thing. Lesson learned.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't say hes being shady because he has done nothing yet but not return some emails or pms. That may be a little rude.... but after the first week or two you should have just gotten over it and bought it somewhere else. No need to keep harssing the guy. sure he came of dickish said he was going to sell something and has not gotten around to it yet. Oh well there's no spilled milk so no sense on crying. Why don't you just buy it off the ebay link you posted. This thread is not really needed or justified.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if no money was sent why are you mad,its only emails that hasnt been replied,if he took your money and never sent it,thats different,but not responding to your pm's doesnt make him a bad seller,maybe he has personal stuff going on or something
Old 08-05-2011, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its a crappy thing to do, and speaks about a person's character to make a deal, then back out on it without informing the other party.

Personally, I wouldn't buy something from someone I can't trust.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by feldy
Don't say hes being shady because he has done nothing yet but not return some emails or pms. That may be a little rude.... but after the first week or two you should have just gotten over it and bought it somewhere else. No need to keep harssing the guy. sure he came of dickish said he was going to sell something and has not gotten around to it yet. Oh well there's no spilled milk so no sense on crying. Why don't you just buy it off the ebay link you posted. This thread is not really needed or justified.
the eBay auction had already ended when I contacted him about the steering wheel. again, not crying. I normally would have moved on and not thought twice about it. he is still actively trying to sell parts on this board. I'm not looking for any resolution to my situation, simply relating my negative experience with this seller to the rest of the community so they can make their own decision. you've made your own opinion, and while your comments are quite acerbic, I appreciate your feedback. thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
if no money was sent why are you mad,its only emails that hasnt been replied,if he took your money and never sent it,thats different,but not responding to your pm's doesnt make him a bad seller,maybe he has personal stuff going on or something
he has time to respond to other active for sale threads that he has going on currently...

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204016

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204961