Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

THE OFFICAL I-KONA EXPERIENCE THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

my lengthy response to iKONA.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...538773#3538773
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It started off alright with good communication for me, but he dropped off and stopped replying in the time he said he would, and I shouldn't have to be this on top of a guy to do a simple thing like this.

Waiting for garnishes like this is ridiculous, I need the refund money from when I get my garnish back to him, and it's been 2 months so far in waiting, ridiculous.

I understand if things take longer than expected, but this is stupid, either BUY garnishes to fill the orders and repair your name or don't take money from people until you can fill the order.

I don't care if you take a hit to fill the orders at this point, all I want is my garnish and my 100$.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok im not happy. at all.

my garnish has now lost a lot of its shine, and the oval is showing. im pretty sure the oval is from the hatch install cuz when i first installed it, it wasnt there. he's suggested wet sanding it which i guess ill try, but right now im not satisfied
Old 07-04-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuchaCleanTC
ok im not happy. at all.

my garnish has now lost a lot of its shine, and the oval is showing. im pretty sure the oval is from the hatch install cuz when i first installed it, it wasnt there. he's suggested wet sanding it which i guess ill try, but right now im not satisfied
How long have you had it?

What do you mean "im pretty sure the oval is from the hatch install"?

If the oval is showing then the oval was not filled enough ... Mine should be here on Sat. I hope that it worth the money. All this talk and all the problems. I don't even have the thing yet and I already have a list. I have put way too much energy into this. I just wanted to pay the money and recieve the product. I didn't want to chase down and answer, get broken promises, worry about the quality ...etc.

This entire time my garnish has been broken. I really really hope that mine is a quality product.

I'm pullin for you iKONA but all this negative stuff is getting to be a bit much.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its been a 6 months. and my garnish doesnt fit properly cause of the hatch, and i think they over tightened it the first time and the material used to fill it popped out
Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The oval on my garnish was visible right out the box, so I sent it back.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

its been a 6 months. and my garnish doesnt fit properly cause of the hatch, and i think they over tightened it the first time and the material used to fill it popped out
I guess I'm just not getting it ... sorry. What do you mean "because of the hatch"?

The garnish is on the hatch. Is there something different or wrong with your specific hatch? I mean if it's because of the hatch then all the hatches are going to do it. From what I know you can't tighten it too much. It is either tight and on there or not.

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RodC
The oval on my garnish was visible right out the box, so I sent it back.
Did you get your money back or did he fix it properly?

Why are so many ppl having to send things back and have them fixed? This seems to be a trend ... well along with the communication thing.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PMed
Old 07-04-2008, 07:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ddplion
I guess I'm just not getting it ... sorry. What do you mean "because of the hatch"?

The garnish is on the hatch. Is there something different or wrong with your specific hatch? I mean if it's because of the hatch then all the hatches are going to do it. From what I know you can't tighten it too much. It is either tight and on there or not.

Good luck!
the hatches shape was not correct, and doesnt curve properly. im currently trying to contact ikona about the fading paint
Old 07-04-2008, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Over the past few weeks I have recieved numerious PM's about iKONA since I started getting very vocal about this. I am waiting to give a full explanation of my situation and the transaction.

I received a tracking number a week ago but it has only been 4 business days. I hope that this works out well but the more I read and the more PM's I get the more am concern about the quality of the product.

When I receive the garnish .... hopefully, in the next few days... I will report my findings.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im just considering just going back to an oem garnish
Old 07-04-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

im just considering just going back to an oem garnish
that is what REALLY concerns me ! Mine broken. If I have waited this long and spent almost twice as much as what it would have cost to just fix it and be done. I am going to be ripin' ____ed.

I am a man of principle.

I truely hope that this all works out well and the product is good. iKONA I would love to end all this on a good note and say that even though it took a long time ... blah blah blah .... everything turned out great. I hope that is what happens!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont have my oem garnish, so i would hopefully be able to find someone local to trade. but thats if i do decide to
Old 07-04-2008, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i dont have my oem garnish, so i would hopefully be able to find someone local to trade. but thats if i do decide to
I called a local Toyota dealership yesterday.

$128 already painted and I could pick it up Tuesday. 3 business days and you know that it'll be a perfect color match. If not they would replace it instantly.

I don't let go of things easily so we'll see how this goes...
Old 07-04-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recommend taking it to a reputable bodyshop if you want a nice color-match and still want to be badgeless. At least that way you won't feel like you're back at square-one with an OEM garnish and a hole in your wallet. I love my badgeless garnish.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:28 PM
AC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my hatch garnish had sandpaper marks and dimple spots on it, plus the edges of the garnish were red (my car is superwhite). i tried to get a refund at first but was turned down, so i sent it back to get done over for free (i had to pay shipping). while in the process of being shipped, i wasn't too sure if i would have problems again. so i just asked him to refund my core money and keep the garnish. i ended up losing money...
this happened a few months ago, i didn't want to start a thread bashing his quality of work because everyone so far has had a good experience with him until i came across this thread today
Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ddplion
I called a local Toyota dealership yesterday.

$128 already painted and I could pick it up Tuesday. 3 business days and you know that it'll be a perfect color match. If not they would replace it instantly.

I don't let go of things easily so we'll see how this goes...
well like i said, if i do get rid of it, ill just trade with someone local.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by AC
my hatch garnish had sandpaper marks and dimple spots on it, plus the edges of the garnish were red (my car is superwhite). i tried to get a refund at first but was turned down, so i sent it back to get done over for free (i had to pay shipping). while in the process of being shipped, i wasn't too sure if i would have problems again. so i just asked him to refund my core money and keep the garnish. i ended up losing money...
this happened a few months ago, i didn't want to start a thread bashing his quality of work because everyone so far has had a good experience with him until i came across this thread today
there are definitely more and more ppl coming out with there negative stories. I think that now that ppl see that other ppl are unhappy they feel it is ok to voice there dissatisfaction.

You are atleast the 3 or 4th person that told me that they lost money during the exchange. Many ppl have had them redone. Just about all complain about marks on the clear coat.

The website says:
Old 07-04-2008, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

http://i-kona.com/Catalog/05-08Scion...chGarnish.html

"Everybody loves a clean smooth look on their car and thats what i-KONA is all about. By filling up the hole previously occupied by the scion emblem we have made the garnish badgeless! Perfectly smooth not a trace of the hole ever being there and not only that its all refinished to match the paint on your car."

This is exactly what I expect. Nothing more and nothing less. (But I expected it 3 weeks ago

Quick Reply: THE OFFICAL I-KONA EXPERIENCE THREAD!