Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Quadboy47 please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs down Quadboy47 please read

Please beware buying parts from him, I paid $250 shipped for this tsudo catback as it was the "titanium" tip. After I found I can buy this brand new for $250. Well it arrived today and this is what I recieved, lets just say this thing is in sad shape and honestly should be tossed in the scrap pile.

How it was shipped, no box or anything. "said I rushed him"

Here is what I found once opening, I can't even install the mid pipe because the resonator is coming apart inside and the one flange is all bent up though you might not be able to see it well in the pic. Maybe i'm being a slightly picky, but for the money I paid this thing should be mint condition. It looks like someone either used really heavy steel wool or something and scratched the hell out of it, the tip is as dull and nasty as can be "picture of tip is after being polished up by me for 15 minutes. I asked him for new mounting hardware since i was paying full new price for a used system and I get 2 new bolts.

I hope that we can resolve this and like I said in PM's I asked for a partial refund as I feel this is maybe worth $150 as I paid $250 for this. I would hope he would be understanding enough to send me a partial refund on this. I don't know if I could file a claim through paypal for a partial refund given the condition of the item.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am more less dissapointed in what I recieved. I mean if Quadboy47 can work with me on this, I would be willing to drop everything and say it's a great person to deal with. I just want what I feel I deserve.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry to hear man. as for the outside just use some aluminum polish. look brand new.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by liltofuboix
sorry to hear man. as for the outside just use some aluminum polish. look brand new.
What you see was already 15-20 minutes of my using simichrome which is a awesome metal polish, the scratched and all in the tip are extremely deep. but I will prolly try to keep working at it and see if I can get anymore of a shine to it.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am wondering if i can hit up the inside with some acid for wheels to see if that would clean that out some. I mean it can't hurt it much more than it already is haha.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

does it sound bad or is it making it sound bad from the condition? If not i would just try it anyways. Oh and one thing you could always do is wet sand it with a very fine grit so that you can smooth it back and then after that polish it again with the aluminum polish. Im sure that would help. Thats what people do with headers and what not
Old 11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The axleback doesn't sound bad, i'm not going to even bother with putting the mid section on with the resonator coming apart inside.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Me
Hey just wondering if you would ship the tsudo catback and if so how much to Delaware 19734?

Quad
i would ship it but it would cost about $60.00 to ship so $260. let me know. i can ship out on friday for you

Me
"i would ship it but it would cost about $60.00 to ship so $260. let me know. i can ship out on friday for you"
If you could do $250 Shipped i would possibly be interested in it. Also will it come with all gaskets and bolts and springs that are needed to install this?

Also do you know of anyone wanting a Megan Racing OE-RS axleback exhaust setup?

Quad
i can do $250 shipped. you will use the existing gaskets that come with stock exhaust. tsudo never gives gaskets. and you will only need two bolts for the midpipe. mine were rusted and had to saw them off. let me know

Me
If it's okay i'll either get back to you by friday or by monday 1 of the 2 days. Gotta make sure money wise that i'm alright to go.

Quad
my exhaust was the limited edition titanium tip one. mine also comes with the extra hanger needed to lower the exhaust so it wont burn your bumper... let me know
thanks
Dan

Me
Originally Posted by quadboy47
i can do $250 shipped. you will use the existing gaskets that come with stock exhaust. tsudo never gives gaskets. and you will only need two bolts for the midpipe. mine were rusted and had to saw them off. let me know
Hey well some good news, I have someone buying the Megan Axleback tomorrow, so I should be able to get you taken care of by friday if thats alright, Let me know.

Thanks
Larry.

Me
So I was just on ebay looking, I can get a brand new tsudo catback system for $250 shipped to my door, How long have you had your setup on the car for? Just trying to decided here wether I wanna buy new or used, Just sucks to see brand new for the same price as a used setup. Let me know what you wanna do, also did you have to change the rear hanger to get the exhaust to not melt the bumper?

Me
my exhaust was the limited edition titanium tip one. mine also comes with the extra hanger needed to lower the exhaust so it wont burn your bumper... let me know
thanks
Dan

Whats the difference in the titanium tip over the normal?

Quad
the tip of the exhaust is a little bigger and fits the bumper better and the tip has a weird color to it at the end kinda hard to explain

Me
the tip of the exhaust is a little bigger and fits the bumper better and the tip has a weird color to it at the end kinda hard to explain
If you will throw in everything including new bolts for it, i'll consider it, just gotta double check the funding. I should prolly be able to tell by monday at the lattest if thats alright?

Quad
yea thats cool ill get you some new bolts... let me know by this weekend and if you say ok i will go buy some for it

Me
yea thats cool ill get you some new bolts... let me know by this weekend and if you say ok i will go buy some for it
I pulled the money out of my acct to put in my fiance's. I will take it for sure, she has to deposit it into her acct tomorrow and then i'll send payment once it's in the acct. Does that sound good to you?

Also how loud was this on a scale of 1-10 10 being loudest?

Thanks for you're time and does it need a good cleaning and polishing?

Quad
truthfully if you are cruising about a 4 and if you rev HARD on it like a 7 . As long as you use stock headers and stock s pipe. I will ship monday if i get the money this weekend. I will clean it up and stuff tomorrow and polish it up for you

Me

truthfully if you are cruising about a 4 and if you rev HARD on it like a 7 . As long as you use stock headers and stock s pipe. I will ship monday if i get the money this weekend. I will clean it up and stuff tomorrow and polish it up for you
Alright, I had a TRD before which I would say driving was a 3-3.5 and getting on it, was 5 down low and became a 4 uptop once the intake drowned it out. I would love to get you payment tomorrow as long as they show the money in the account at that point.

Me
Hey do you take paypal, and if so where do I send it to???

Quad
let me know when you send money so i can look for it

Me
Payment was sent thanks!

Quad
Alright cool... im gonna pick up those bolts for you tonight and then i will polish it tomorrow too. Most likely im gonna send the parts in 3 diff packages because if it was all one it would cost about $100.00 but i will let you know when i ship on monday how its shipped... contact you on monday

thanks
Dan

Me
Alright cool... im gonna pick up those bolts for you tonight and then i will polish it tomorrow too. Most likely im gonna send the parts in 3 diff packages because if it was all one it would cost about $100.00 but i will let you know when i ship on monday how its shipped... contact you on monday

thanks
Dan

Alright sounds great, thanks man can't wait to get this exhaust and install it. I hope that I can get it this week at some point.

Me
Hey just seeing if you got the catback shipped out yet?

Dan
yup it was shipped out today should be there in 2-3 days

Me
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me
Did you get a tracking number for it?

Me
Hey got the exhaust, I am not trying to be rude, but I am not happy at all. The resonator is starting to come apart inside, the muffler is beat to hell, and the packaging is just amazing. Is there anyway I could get some money back out of this? There is no way that this was worth that kind of money. I would say maybe worth $150 at best, but $250 is way too much for this exhaust system.

Let me know what you can do.

Thanks
Larry.

Quad
what is exactly wrong with the exhaust that it is " "beat to hell". I also have shipped three exhaust systems to same way and have had no complaints in the past of the packaging. If i would have shipped the exhaust using a box it would have cost at least $100.00 to get it to you by the time frame you wanted it. Which you said was this week. that is why i shipped using UPS instead of USPS so it would get to you faster. If you are not happy you can return the exhaust and i will gladly refund your money. Sorry for the inconvience

Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by The01Cav
Hey got the exhaust, I am not trying to be rude, but I am not happy at all. The resonator is starting to come apart inside, the muffler is beat to hell, and the packaging is just amazing. Is there anyway I could get some money back out of this? There is no way that this was worth that kind of money. I would say maybe worth $150 at best, but $250 is way too much for this exhaust system.

Let me know what you can do.

Thanks
Larry.

what is exactly wrong with the exhaust that it is " "beat to hell". I also have shipped three exhaust systems to same way and have had no complaints in the past of the packaging. If i would have shipped the exhaust using a box it would have cost at least $100.00 to get it to you by the time frame you wanted it. Which you said was this week. that is why i shipped using UPS instead of USPS so it would get to you faster. If you are not happy you can return the exhaust and i will gladly refund your money. Sorry for the inconvience

It's all scraped up from where it's been drug on the ground on the car, the tip is all scraped up, the resonator from the midpipe is actually coming apart inside, I can get pics to show you that. The biggest thing is the resonator thats coming apart. I can live with the exhaust if there is anyway that I could get a partial refund. Had I know that it was this gouged up and all I would have bought new for the same price, I just didn't want to back out on you with it. I'm not gonna ship it back to you and spend more money, either way I would lose out on it.

Quad
For a used exhaust scrapes are gonna be normal for any catback. If the exhaust is not to your standard please ship back and i will refund your money

Me
You seriously cannot send me a slight refund on the exhaust? I paid full price for a used system just to try to be the decent person, when I could have bought a "titanium" tsudo brand new for the same price. I guess you live and learn buying over the internet. Also as I stated, I am not paying even more money to repackage the exhaust and ship it back to you. You say it's gonna have scrapes and all, my stock muffler and the TRD setup I had didn't have a single scratch on it. both look as they did brand new 31,000 miles ago.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

damn u got him should get half of the money back
Old 11-05-2009, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have all the documenting, but I don't see anything panning out honestly. I just hope people are aware of what is being done.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he said send it back and you'll get y our money back. Thats the route i would go. That packaging is the most ghetto packaging ive ever seen. Im suprised ups even took it like that!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Did you ever ask for pictures?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He had pics posted, and pulled them as soon as I bought it, but from the pics he had posted to what I got that must have been right after he installed it.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Probably. Always ask for recent pictures of the product, so I'll have to say it's your fault for not inquiring about the product more. However, it was still falsely advertised, because that's obviously not a titanium tip.

http://wp-content.rpmware.com/wp-con...ti-exhaust.jpg
^ That's a titanium tip.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah whatever, whats done is done ya know.