Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

soGone DO NOT BUY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

well everything is documented on paypal he said hes gonna pay but if u do send it to him make sure its with tracking and everything keep ur recepits and all
Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

new paypal update.

From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 13:27 PDT

This transaction will work the same way as if you were purchasing it from me. You cannot say that my scenario isn't as bad as yours...it works the exact same way. A transaction still takes place. I send you back your item with a tracking number and I may or may not receive my money back. Where as you see it as I get my money back and you do not see your item returned. So to ensure a safe secure transaction what are YOU going to do to make that happen?
From Seller - Bardia Nikpourian
10/8/2009 13:38 PDT

I don't understand how you can claim i rubbed off an imprinted model number I don't even see how that's possible. Like I said if you want a refund send the deck back. Because If i refund you... there is no guarantee that I will get it back, if you want me to paypal you the 600 when the deck is sent back that's a different story but if I refund you in the dispute you get the money back and I don't get any way of getting my deck back. That deck cost me over $1000 dollars and I was willing to let it go to you for $100 less than I was originally asking. I am not willing to totally lose everything just because you think that you have gotten the wrong deck.
10/8/2009 13:39 PDT

I will be in class for the next 6 hours and wont be able to respond to you but I will check your messages tonight
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
HaYu Racing
SL Member

just escalate the dispute into a claim or is it vise versa and get paypal really into it.. they will tell him to send you the money back to you first and then you have to send the item back. you will also need to provide paypal with a tracking number so they can keep tabs on the item you ship back.. almost the same crap happened to me when i bought my 3 inch exhaust from a scammer. he sent me only the damn axelback part when i paid for a full exhaust. stupid scammers, i just want to bust a haduken on all there money hungry A$$es lol. hope all goes well for you though.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

another new paypal update.

From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 13:49 PDT

I want to request for a scan of your receipt that says pioneer avic-x910bt from best buy 6 months ago. I want to keep a file for this dispute for a safe transaction in my part.
10/8/2009 16:49 PDT

Understood I can send it into paypal if they request it, in the meanwhile please see the product ON pionners website from the unit 6 months ago, it looks exactly the same as the one I sent you, the only diffrence is the faceplate on pioneers newest model. I told you the deck was used and I TOLD you it was older before you purcahsed it. Again I can refund you if you send the deck back to me and have no problems in doing so. Otherwise we can keep this dispute open.I did send you the correct deck the only diffrence is the model you can currently buy has a new faceplate it performs exactly the same and is the same model deck. Also if you are going to threaten me in email to take me to court over this please also include that in the paypal dispute as I would like to keep track of everything said in the dispute as well. I will NOT be communicating with you through personal email you opened this dispute and I will go through the paypal route, this was your choice instead of trying to deal with me directly.
From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 18:53 PDT

That is fine we can keep the dispute on paypal open till this is resolved. You had sent me this model (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...omeo/photo.jpg) Yes I understood that it was used but you did NOT tell me anything about an older model both on scionlife and emails. Unless you had more than one headunit for sale, this is the one that you had sent to me and what I had received.
From Buyer - Hoa Chau
10/8/2009 19:02 PDT

For the record:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...omeo/photo.jpg
This was the unit I recieved model avic-f700bt
Serial number: HEGE007643UC

Originally Posted by blacktrdtc
just escalate the dispute into a claim or is it vise versa and get paypal really into it.. they will tell him to send you the money back to you first and then you have to send the item back. you will also need to provide paypal with a tracking number so they can keep tabs on the item you ship back.. almost the same crap happened to me when i bought my 3 inch exhaust from a scammer. he sent me only the damn axelback part when i paid for a full exhaust. stupid scammers, i just want to bust a haduken on all there money hungry A$$es lol. hope all goes well for you though.

I think you're right. I am going to escalate this. It is just constant denial denial denial. Also he did not send me the receipt that I had asked for.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

email pioneer and attach a picture of the front of ur headunit and ask them if they make a x910bt that is exactly like that.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hey man I got my gps today, thank u so much bro, its complicated lol its all so new to me but I'm learning thank u so much man.

and as far as this goes escalate this asap, now he's saying its the "old model" that's BS, if he was sure about it he would scan the receipt without a problem
Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Better quality picture of the rubbed out barcode.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Received a reply from Pioneer.

Mr Chau,
Thanks for your email. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. While the faceplates on each model have similar layouts, they are definitely distinct and not interchangeable. Please visit the links below to see pictures the AVIC-X910BT faceplate.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...IN/AVIC-X910BT

If your faceplate does not match the picture, you are likely being defrauded by the seller. I would reccomend returning the unit to them or filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

Thank You,

Keith
Customer Service Representative

Clearly that seller was wrong. Dead wrong. Just filed an escalation on Paypal for a safe exchange; my refund for his headunit. I hope this is gonna be a smooth transaction.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hope it all works out, what a scumb bag that guy is
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
Scikotics
SL Member

paypal should help in resolving this dispute.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

No DIVX, no Dolby, no DVD, different placement for eject button, different volume ****, doesn't have the model number on the front.

Honestly, I hope SoGone got ____ed on the original transaction at BestBuy. I hope he paid $1000 for a $350 unit, lmfao.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I'll keep an eye out on ClubWRX and Nasioc once he gets the deck back and when you get your money back. I'll try to make sure he doesn't scam anyone else. Since it came out of his WRX that he totaled, I'm sure he'd be putting it up for sale there.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks alot. Great support from everyone. I hope I get my money back so I can purchase the real AVIC-X910BT. Noone should ever go through this BS.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just read through the thread and this is a disgrace, how could someone do someone like that? SMH, no doubt. I hope you get your money back. This is why I'm sketched out with buying used goods. Sorry it all went down like this, shooting-star.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's a new update. Paypal did not solve the issue. I have to call GE Money tomorrow and clear up the problem. Hopefully they can refund my money back. I'm hoping pretty hard cause that's a lot of money in the hole if I do not get this fixed.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

How the hell did paypal not resolve it? He clearly falsely advertised the product.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They said that because it is not an eBay purchase I would need to take it up with GE Money. I used a part of the credit line to make the purchase. So it is automatically closed without a review. On lunch now so I'm gonna make the call to get this figured out.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

please see the product ON pionners website from the unit 6 months ago, it looks exactly the same as the one I sent you, the only diffrence is the faceplate on pioneers newest model.
So is he trying to claim that Pioneer sold the same model with different faceplates? Riiiiight.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SO after numerous 866 and 800 numbers I finally got through to a customer service representative. Sad part is that I cannot get into a direct number with an extension to the claims department. How upset I was going through automated services when you only want to talk to a service rep. ANYWAY, so now I have to file yet another dispute with GE Money and fill out paperwork with any additional information I can also provide. In addition, I would have to send the item back with the tracking number since it will be part of their process to ask me to send the unit back to the seller. Also providing the tracking number along with any other paperwork can help quicken the claim process. From what I am told the process takes about 60 days to finish the claim. So wish me luck. I am returning the item back to the seller and getting the whole shabang, tracking number, insurance, and signature confirmation. Gonna also bubble wrap the item to no tomorrow. I am gonna be very sad if I end up losing the entire $600. Life experience doesn't cost that much money.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

New update:

So now I have sent back the headunit via UPS with insurance and signature confirmation. The seller has received the headunit Tuesday. I have contacted the seller twice with no response back. This is bogus.

Quick Reply: soGone DO NOT BUY!!!