Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default Suggestion

Do you think it would be possible to have a section similar to parts reviews, regarding the sponsors that we buy our products from? Same exact format, but perhaps with added fields that you fill in prior to reviewing, such as stated eta and actual arrival time? The only reason I suggest this is so that we can have an idea of what we are getting into when ordering from some of the people.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well I think that for the most part, a majority of the sponsors will be ok. All it does is make us more informed consumers, and perhaps even help some of them by streamlining their businesses based upon their ratings. There is already this particular forum section, and everyone knows how to use the search button, so it's really not that much different. As far as the mods, I honestly couldn't comment on that, being as I have no firsthand expedrience, but I'd like to think that they are probably impartial most of the time.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ Thanks for that, and we try to be.... Currently some vendors are having a harder time that others, and we're watching that and seeing what will develop here in the near future...

It's hard to just let the idea of putting all vendors out there, as some people have had no direct experience with individual vendors and have some very strong opinions... it'd be hard to prevent those loyal to one from opposing the other and back and forth....

I do like the idea though, as I've waited way too long for some things in the past and would hate for others to deal with that too...

Although, as a result, I do a lot of business over the phone and always ask the #1 question - Is it in stock and when will it ship? Doesn't always work, but helps 80% of the time.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hmmm it would be difficult to avoid flame wars between people that are loyal or not....this will take a bit more effort...perhaps with some cooperation from the sponsors, people can use their order numbers in order to actually post their experiences? That way, only firsthand experience can be used in the reviews.