Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You make me laugh, just the fact that
If you want to know the conclusion of all this, then your just gonna have to wait until all the legal crap is finished.
speaks volume about Kenny and ZPI. The fact that we have to resort to this and you are still attached to Kenny at the hip instead of saying "hey, maybe he did screw over a few(once again to be modest) people. Let me also add this; that new owner, whatever his name is, is just an investor. There are many companies, franchises, etc that have owners/investors that do not see day to day operations. They higher a Manager, Director, or whatever the title may be, this case being Kenny. He is responsible for running the business. So any mishaps are directly attributed the the person running the show, not the guy on the lease. The guy on the lease takes the fall if the guy in charge (once again, in this instance being Kenny) decides to run shady business practices.

As for his credibility, like I said I would take it with a grain of salt, however:

I will say i did have one business fail after 4 years. but that isnt becuase i pulled the sheet over my customers eyes so to speak. there are many reason that my company failed and none of them have to do with ZPI. I i know i am morally better than kenny. I wouldnt do this kind of stuff to my customers. I never said i was perfect. Yes i did have problems with shipping times. But when you build 4 $8000 shortblocks a week what do you expect which 2 employees including myself. My business didnt end smoothly and i never said it did. A few people did get screwed out of money. I am i happy about that, NO. I still have the names and address of every person that i screwed (5 people) and i will fix what i did when i have the money to. No one whould have been screwed but $25000 (my cost) of parts decided to grow legs and walk away. But i am sure you will not believe that and make your own conclusion in you head. But i still never did the things that Kenny did. My customers always got what they order even if it wasnt on a timely manner. I started my business with $2500 and did what i did by having a great product. Not by telling people what they wanted to hear. When a business goes out of business there is usually a handful of people that will lose something other than the owners. If the business could pay everyone there would be no need to go out of business.
says a lot more than Kenny's 4 year tenure at ZPI. Let's just ask Kenny what he thinks about this, oh wait, he is no where to be found...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I will say i did have one business fail after 4 years. but that isnt becuase i pulled the sheet over my customers eyes so to speak. there are many reason that my company failed and none of them have to do with ZPI. I i know i am morally better than kenny. I wouldnt do this kind of stuff to my customers. I never said i was perfect. Yes i did have problems with shipping times. But when you build 4 $8000 shortblocks a week what do you expect which 2 employees including myself. My business didnt end smoothly and i never said it did. A few people did get screwed out of money. I am i happy about that, NO. I still have the names and address of every person that i screwed (5 people) and i will fix what i did when i have the money to. No one whould have been screwed but $25000 (my cost) of parts decided to grow legs and walk away. But i am sure you will not believe that and make your own conclusion in you head. But i still never did the things that Kenny did. My customers always got what they order even if it wasnt on a timely manner. I started my business with $2500 and did what i did by having a great product. Not by telling people what they wanted to hear. When a business goes out of business there is usually a handful of people that will lose something other than the owners. If the business could pay everyone there would be no need to go out of business.

Thats like the biggest load of crap cause I dont care if a company goes out of business, you pay those ppl their money in full back as the first priority. It aint there fault that person "x" f*ucked up and spent the money that were from orders, instead of shipping the damn things out.

oh well its his problem, i believe in Karma. he f*ucked so many ppl over now its his turn to get f*ucked.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Menace
After reading all of this, and the other, now locked thread, I will refrain from writing an I told you so speech. I am just wondering at what point will the Kenny faithful cut their losses (if they ever will) and admit to the sub par (to be modest) business practices ZPI has demonstrated over the 4 years or so. Now, its even more difficult to dispute where their interests lie. Who's ever fault it is, it's rather simple to conclude that they are looking for their own best interests at the expense of their customers. Between the long shipping, bunch of lies (did you hear about the welder breaking a finger lmao), crappy work (except you rhythm, yes, we know), and a bunch of other horse poop in between, this can hardly come as a surprise to those who have not been oblivious to reality and the experiences of sadly too many innocent and hopefully uninformed customers. Even if, Kenny wanted to embark on new ventures, he is not the first linchpin to leave a company. Most companies however, don't get thrown into such turmoil. There is no excuse for what ZPI did/doing to their, unfortunately (ex)devoted customers. And for those still sticking up for Kenny is just sickening. Thats like saying "Charles Manson didn't do anything wrong to me, he was always nice and took care of me when I went to visit him, he is a pretty cool dude".

To those that say ZPI has been great except recently, must have amnesia. I am surprised they lasted this long. I was amazed at their popularity even 4 months ago, they had probably most negative experiences except for maybe tctunerz and scionspeed. Yet, because of the 3-4 regulars being so vocal and outspoken marketing representatives for ZPI, the not so fortunate folks who did not put enough research into their investments ended biting the bullet. I feel pain for all those missing parts and cars with no light at the end of the tunnel.

As much bashing and flaming I will endure for this post, I feel that some may not have read it from the locked thread and need to. I have no idea how credible this is, however, I do not see any motivation for this person to lie to such extent. Here it is:

First off, i know that there are going to be people that are going to come on here and defend Kenny and ZPI to the death, all i have to say to that is you have nothing to dispute with me. This is all first hand information that i have witness or other employees have witnessed.

I designed the very first kit on these cars back in i guess 2005 or what ever. At that point Kenny decided to start selling these kits. Not a bad thing, but he sold alot of them and told many lies about this thing. He had already sold 15-20 kits before i was even done with the first kit. This how things work with everything around ZPI. The engine limiter was never tested. We made one on a car from Tenn. and then Kenny started selling them that night. Never Tested. So they have now idea the bad effects that may or may not come from this.

They advertise parts that they can not deliver without a long wait on the customers end. Such as a 3 inch exhaust. First one of those they ever made was on the car from Tenn. again. That was also the last while i was there. Also the balance shaft delete kit doesent exist.

The ported heads that they sell are junk. they have a bottom feeding shop here in town run some sanding rolls around in the head to make it look special and sell it.

They will install used parts on a customers car that is brought in for install if we have the particular part laying around used. Take for instance the turbo kit we used on the TV show pippes. When we got back that turbo kit went on a customers car that bought and payed for a new turbo kit.

The "famous" versa that is in the magazine that made 270 whp...... that number was made up. What a shock.

He put a stock engine back into someones car (i think his name was Bobby) when the guy paid for a built one.

The list goes on. I will type more later if this doesnt get deleted.

Brad
This is just kinda interesting considering that the first "Zero Point" shop was opened in Aug 04, and that Danny Bowers had a controlling steak in the company in January of 2007. So that would mean that shop has been open for 3 years, and that Kenny was not in control of any finances as of January 2007. Also currently the only was to purchase anything on ZPI's site is with a credit card. and currently no orders are being processed, so that means those waiting for parts, you will be waiting until Danny sits down and goes through every order past and present and hires new employees to recreate what the original people did. And for anyone looking for background on this Danny Bower guy, here it is

Oh and ya know what Kenny once told me? Dyno numbers don't mean ****. They can be skewed any which way the dyno operator wants. True power is measured at the track in 1/4 mile times.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:30 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TuningIsLife

This is just kinda interesting considering that the first "Zero Point" shop was opened in Aug 04, and that Danny Bowers had a controlling steak in the company in January of 2007. So that would mean that shop has been open for 3 years, and that Kenny was not in control of any finances as of January 2007. Also currently the only was to purchase anything on ZPI's site is with a credit card. and currently no orders are being processed, so that means those waiting for parts, you will be waiting until Danny sits down and goes through every order past and present and hires new employees to recreate what the original people did. And for anyone looking for background on this Danny Bower guy, here it is

Oh and ya know what Kenny once told me? Dyno numbers don't mean ****. They can be skewed any which way the dyno operator wants. True power is measured at the track in 1/4 mile times.
My only rebutal is, a company doesnt fall apart over night. So Kenny new it was going down. As the original owner, and as a member of the Scion world, he should have given a heads up and steared people to safety. Yes it was not his obligation, but it says alot for who he is and what he does. he should have done the right thing, and didnt.

And about the horspower comment, ZPI and their supporters were always quick to claim high HP numbers. So if your statement is tru, why even bother telling everyone that your kit make more HP than the rest? (its a selling tool, that is why)

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="tC_2NeR"]
Thats like the biggest load of crap cause I dont care if a company goes out of business, you pay those ppl their money in full back as the first priority. It aint there fault that person "x" f*ucked up and spent the money that were from orders, instead of shipping the damn things out.

oh well its his problem, i believe in Karma. he f*ucked so many ppl over now its his turn to get f*ucked.
I agree, but at least this guy admits to everything and is trying to make things right. Kenny basically wrote a letter saying good night and this other guy is now responsible for your parts, money, and cars. Great transition period. Plus, it's not like people were getting their stuff months leading to this. Between their welder breaking a finger and bunch of other lies they have been spoon feeding everyone for months, Kenny is no where to be found.

[quote="TuningIsLife"]

Like I said in my previous post, many companies have investors that do not see day to day operations. Considering the fact the Danny is an IT graduate and has been working in IT for the last 10 years (from the link you posted) doesn't reassure me he is a great mechanic or that he even knows what is going on. One of the business' I am employed by I help manage. The two investors do not report to the business or see day to day operations, they just get financial statements. If anything were to go wrong who's fault do you think that would be, mine or theirs? Yet, who do you think would be sued? Also, Kenny has been accepting paypal less then a month prior to his departure and they have not shipped some customers for months before this. It doesn't matter who's name was on what lease, who had more shares, or any other indication of company's financial control. Kenny was managing the place until a week ago, if he in any way anticipated this, he is even more at fault since, once again, he saw the company's day to day operations.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some of you guys really need to start taking better care of your body. may i suggest these. :D

Old 08-07-2007, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You make me laugh, just the fact that
If you want to know the conclusion of all this, then your just gonna have to wait until all the legal crap is finished.
speaks volume about Kenny and ZPI. The fact that we have to resort to this and you are still attached to Kenny at the hip instead of saying "hey, maybe he did screw over a few(once again to be modest) people. Let me also add this; that new owner, whatever his name is, is just an investor. There are many companies, franchises, etc that have owners/investors that do not see day to day operations. They higher a Manager, Director, or whatever the title may be, this case being Kenny. He is responsible for running the business. So any mishaps are directly attributed the the person running the show, not the guy on the lease. The guy on the lease takes the fall if the guy in charge (once again, in this instance being Kenny) decides to run shady business practices.

As for his credibility, like I said I would take it with a grain of salt, however:

says a lot more than Kenny's 4 year tenure at ZPI. Let's just ask Kenny what he thinks about this, oh wait, he is no where to be found...

So, let me get this straight, you are preconcluding that people will get screwed over BEFORE everything is said and done correct? If everyone involved disappears, when it's all said and done, then I can see your point. However, if you would have read the post a couple of pages back, all Credit card transactions will not be processed. Secondly, all that have been and are pending, wouldn't/shouldn't you wait for the final chapter before concluding that people are just SOL? There has not been one person thus far that has not recieved either their money back or their product. Not saying that it didn't take forever, but at the end of the day, situations were resolved.

So, again, one should hold his conclusions until all parties have finished battling it out.

On a last note, I find it ironic that some peoples post would lead one to believe that the downfall of the company was due to some unethical business practices. Which is BY far from the truth. The downfall of the company came way of an Investor not seeing eye to eye with the guy doing the work. This is an interdepartmental situation that has caused an unwanted outcome. It has NOTHING to do with business practices.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR

I'm confused by your post. You do know that the quote is from Brad right?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Originally Posted by TuningIsLife

My only rebutal is, a company doesnt fall apart over night. So Kenny new it was going down. As the original owner, and as a member of the Scion world, he should have given a heads up and steared people to safety. Yes it was not his obligation, but it says alot for who he is and what he does. he should have done the right thing, and didnt.

And about the horspower comment, ZPI and their supporters were always quick to claim high HP numbers. So if your statement is tru, why even bother telling everyone that your kit make more HP than the rest? (its a selling tool, that is why)

Just my thoughts.

Here in lies the misconception. People ZPI was not "going down" like a sinking ship. This was an interdepartmental dispute between the Investor (Danny) and the Wrench (Kenny). The last company I worked for (BBX Technologies) had the same thing happen. The investors did not see eye to eye with the Chief Programmer. Chief Programmer said F-IT! and said he will work the remainder of his contract and that was it. CP left, started his new company, and my boss and I now work for him as we did back at BBX. The investors of BBX changed the name, and now it's pretty much fell off the map (not saying Danny will do the same to ZPI). But it sorta happens really fast.

Kenny had planned on moving the entire operation. But because the final straw was broken, he washed his hands with it sorta speak. I do not believe this is 100% final yet, as they are doing the legal thing between lawyers right now. So, we shall see what happens.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Well - i just called the new number and spoke on the phone with a guy who told me that he will have to take my name down and wait on the outcome of my engine mounts.

Long story short - I prepaid for tC engine mounts which I (nobody) ever received. The story from the man on the phone is: The business was sold and there are many lawyer interactions going on right now. I also heard that turbochargers.com is getting the zpi webpage accounts and that there are many other people who had money taken from them. The word also is that Kennys own uncle is funding some court fees just to sue his own cousin.

If all that is true ...thanks kenny. I waited a year and 1/2 for a product that i never received and its just sad that it had to come to this. I have some of the emails saved that I sent asking for the mounts. Add me to the settlement case.

Start of users who claim to be owed money from products they did not get:
=====================================================

1.) jwaggz82 - Preorder tC engine mounts - $120
2.) Complication - Hydra EMS & ARP head studs - $2245
3.) NycMiner - Drive Pulley $140

..........more to come.

Here is something one of the SL users sent me to post on the main page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Cards and Debit Cards (check cards):
If you purchased anything from ZPI and have been charged by ZPI or turbochargers.com you can call your card company and dispute your charges. Let them know that you have not yet received package and you think the business may have been closed. They should add your money back to your card within 5 business days.

Paypal Purchase:
If you paid with paypal you can dispute it with them up to 45days. If 45 days has passed and money came from a credit card to the paypal account you can dispute that with your credit card company. If it came from a bank account then you should think about small claims court if it's under $5K or Fiscal court if it's more but no more then $50K but please check the local limits.

If money was sent paypal and it was Kenny's paypal then you will be going after him not Danny Bower. If it was sent to anything like sales@zpi or whatever then you'll be going after Danny Bower.

Remember that if you're out of state that everything will be dealt with through Kentucky and their laws. If you get a lawyer, it will be cheaper to get one local to Shepherdsville, KY because out of state lawyer will charge for every overnight fedex they have to send and a bunch of other crap that adds up.

Also, if you have to go after Kenny you may have to take it to a Texas court since that is his residence now but be sure to check with a lawyer on that.

Quick review:
Credit card payment can be disputed

Danny Bower = ZPI owner and who you go after if charged by ZPI. He is in Kentucky

Kenny Strickler is who you go after if payed to Kenny's paypal. He now lives in Texas but may have to go after him in Kentucky but check with lawyer.

Turbochargers.com is who you go after if you were charged by them. They are based in Texas so you would deal with Texas law. Kenny is also claiming you will still get your stuff if charged by them but don't waste your time.

-SL Member

Here is another post from a SL Member:

Kenny Strickler is the name on the buildings lease. Danny the owner is not allowed in the building unless Kenny let's him in or he gets a court order. Guess which he has to do. It has nothing to do with having a set of keys or the building owner would have let Danny in by now. So parts and cars are stuck in there. If Kenny wanted to be the nice guy he is trying to portray in his post on the ZPI website that is posted a few post up then he'd let Danny in the building to get the stuff out or even sign the lease over to Danny. Instead he locks him out and people are with out their parts and cars.

-SL Member

Just an FYI. Kenny has been trying to get Danny to transfer the Lease into his name for some time now. Secondly, there are only maybe 3 Scions that are customer cars inside the building. 1 is FusionScion (Which he has his own problems concerning that, way before this), and the others are Brian (jester), and Paul (Estnet). To which both will be coming out per Kenny when he returns to the Shop.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is like a soap opera on steroids
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, let me get this straight, you are preconcluding that people will get screwed over BEFORE everything is said and done correct? If everyone involved disappears, when it's all said and done, then I can see your point. However, if you would have read the post a couple of pages back, all Credit card transactions will not be processed. Secondly, all that have been and are pending, wouldn't/shouldn't you wait for the final chapter before concluding that people are just SOL? There has not been one person thus far that has not recieved either their money back or their product. Not saying that it didn't take forever, but at the end of the day, situations were resolved.

So, again, one should hold his conclusions until all parties have finished battling it out.

On a last note, I find it ironic that some peoples post would lead one to believe that the downfall of the company was due to some unethical business practices. Which is BY far from the truth. The downfall of the company came way of an Investor not seeing eye to eye with the guy doing the work. This is an interdepartmental situation that has caused an unwanted outcome. It has NOTHING to do with business practices.
First, I am "concluding" that people already got screwed. If my money (especially in the thousands) went missing for months and I was not accumulating interest, I would defiantly view that as bending over and grabbing my ankles.

Second, let's be realistic. No one wants to claim responsibility and pay the money back or they would not be in this mess with their lawyers. Now, we have to wait for the legal system to run it's course. Then, depending on the outcome, we have to wait for the party(s) responsible to come up with the money, if clever maneuvering doesn't take place and they claim bankruptcy. So yes, I would consider anyone in this situation royally screwed. Best estimate on getting a full refund (if once again that even happens as there are so many variables and contingencies that may or may not take place) no less than a year. So yes, I think the kid that ordered a turbo and is out a couple of K for god knows how long is screwed.

Once again, they were charging through all means possible (paypal, credit crard, etc) for months leading to this and did not stop until roughly a week ago, using every excuse in the book (and some new ones) to explain why the charges were placed right away (and not a deposit which they should having being charging considering the uncertainty and unpredictability in their own manufacturing) and neglected to put the consumer first.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

First, I am "concluding" that people already got screwed. If my money (especially in the thousands) went missing for months and I was not accumulating interest, I would defiantly view that as bending over and grabbing my ankles.

Second, let's be realistic. No one wants to claim responsibility and pay the money back or they would not be in this mess with their lawyers. Now, we have to wait for the legal system to run it's course. Then, depending on the outcome, we have to wait for the party(s) responsible to come up with the money, if clever maneuvering doesn't take place and they claim bankruptcy. So yes, I would consider anyone in this situation royally screwed. Best estimate on getting a full refund (if once again that even happens as there are so many variables and contingencies that may or may not take place) no less than a year. So yes, I think the kid that ordered a turbo and is out a couple of K for god knows how long is screwed.

Once again, they were charging through all means possible (paypal, credit crard, etc) for months leading to this and did not stop until roughly a week ago, using every excuse in the book (and some new ones) to explain why the charges were placed right away (and not a deposit which they should having being charging considering the uncertainty and unpredictability in their own manufacturing) and neglected to put the consumer first.

If it falls back to Danny finishing up outstanding orders/bills, then yeah I agree with you. Doubt many will see their funds/products for some time. If the legal system runs it's course and Danny finally steps down (Like Kenny has been trying to get him to do for sometime now, and kept getting rejected), and Kenny returns to the drivers seat, I forsee him making everything right with either a return of bill, or asking for some time to develop/package together the products for the customers who have been waiting. At least if I was Kenny, that's what I would be doing anyway. If it still sits with Danny when it's all said and done, he has to restaff, sort through everything, and then get the ball rolling which I don't forsee as being a speedy process. Then again I could be wrong.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if kenny was setting up to leave, he should have stoped taking orders long before leaving to give himself enough time to send out all pending orders, and tie up any loose ends. insted he just up and leaves to spite danny for not selling him a company thats making good money. he had to have known that all the people that had put there trust in him would not be seeing there parts or money for a long time, if ever. but he simply just didnt care at all about his customers. the manner in wich he left so all of the sudden was very unprofesional, and has had a negateve impact on many inocent people. why would anyone want to do bussiness with someone that doesnt care at all about his customers best interest??
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

brett you are so naive sometimes.... "It's because he is a cool dude and is always nice to me when I go to his shop..."

Old 08-07-2007, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

We can only speculate. From my take, it was not his intentions to just up and leave. I was under the impression that the WHOLE operation was going with him. So, the move was a given.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There has not been one person thus far that has not recieved either their money back or their product. Not saying that it didn't take forever, but at the end of the day, situations were resolved.
isnt there a list being compiled with the names of people who have ordered exhausts and pulleys and even kits for at least the past month who have nothing to show for it? Some have been waitin more than a couple of weeks.. hopefully everything does get resolved for all parties involved
Old 08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow !!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We can only speculate. From my take, it was not his intentions to just up and leave. I was under the impression that the WHOLE operation was going with him. So, the move was a given.
weather his intention was to up and leave or not, thats what he did. and now his former customers are left holding there dicks. not a good choice on his part. i dont know what his personal relationship with danny was, and i really dont care. the fact is that they let there dispute get in the way of there obligation of getting the customers there parts. the only way i see a suitable end to this whole situation for all parties involved is for danny and kenny to put there feelings asside for long enough to complete there customers orders, and then go there sepret ways.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by djafropiq
There has not been one person thus far that has not recieved either their money back or their product. Not saying that it didn't take forever, but at the end of the day, situations were resolved.
isnt there a list being compiled with the names of people who have ordered exhausts and pulleys and even kits for at least the past month who have nothing to show for it? Some have been waitin more than a couple of weeks.. hopefully everything does get resolved for all parties involved

The current list is being compiled because of the recent events. My reference is to what has transpired over time. A couple of weeks is the lead time for turbo kits. Things like 3 inch exhaust also I believe has a lead time, as it's made to order from my knowledge.

Quick Reply: What really happend to ZPI - **Update on Pg1**