Notices
Buyer / Seller Experiences rant or rave about an exchange...

what would scionlife do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thumbs down what would scionlife do?

so i just received the rims i bought from upstyles and basically it is not what i expected. so heres his original thread.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=176544

im cool with the pink and it being bad but i was never informed that the lip needed painting to.
this is how it looks like :
Name:  Picture315.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  124.6 KB
Name:  Picture316.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  90.8 KB
Name:  Picture311.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  85.3 KB
Name:  Picture312.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  156.2 KB
Name:  Picture310.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  78.4 KB
Old 12-15-2009, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's from poor packaging. Report it to Paypal. Arrange with the seller to refund partial payment or for damages.
Of pay to ship it back and get your money back. Both parties would be out about $125ish each. Waste of shipping dollars, when it's the seller fault... Not saying he did it on purpose... just not very well thought through.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that's some BS packaging! Sorry about that.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup he did not take the time to package them right. That looks beat up. Get a hold of him asap and let him know..he should refund you partial of the money back.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry to see that happen...im really a fan of those rims, but they should definitly be a different color anyway. i say you get him to refund some of the money and use that to get them painted the way you want.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the wheels need to be repainted like i stated in the post...there not bent nor do they have any issues with them the paint is just chipping off...when you repaint them you have to take the paint of anyways so it makes no difference...your best bet will be to sandblast them...the lip itself is perfectly smooth and has no damages
Old 12-15-2009, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by upStyles
I then spraypainted them pink with a white lip...I have to say that i does not look good...i did a bad job

the wheels need to be repainted, but besides for that that are in perfect condition
That is misleading and wrong on so many levels. You showed the picture. The buyer expects to receive them in that condition showed in the pics. From the picture it shows presentable... When you said did a bad job, does not look good. That means you didn't do it right and they should be re done. You never stated that the paint was chipping off or looked horrendous. You should make this right and refund the buyer a decent amount. You screwed with him. You said repainted, not completely redone... There is a difference. They are in no way close to the condition you showed in your pics. That's scamming in my book.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the paint came off the lips when dismounting the tires for the buyer...and when repainting a rim you always sand down the rims before painting...i believe thats standard procedure.....

there is nothing wrong with them...not bent and no damage whatsoever...all they need is a paint job as stated in the original post.

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 12-15-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

the paint came off the lips when dismounting the tires for the buyer...and when repainting a rim you always sand down the rims before painting...i believe thats standard procedure.....
I was never informed that dismounting the tires would result in chipping the lip, I do believe that dismounting tires do not do that anyways. I was led into thinking that only the pink needed to be repainted, and I'm fine with that. I know that sanding is standard procedure but that's not the point. Now instead of only sanding the pink of the rim I will now have to get all of it done which cost more time and money. I am asking that you pay for the restoration of the lip
Old 12-15-2009, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww damn. I dont know all the terms of this sale and such, but if the lips were damaged when you were dismounting the tires, then thats still your fault man. You cant assume that hes REQUIRED to sand down the lip or whatever just to paint it. You sold it with the pictures that the paint was in such condition and for the moment he received them, theyre not as pictured.

Hope you guys get this solved.

Originally Posted by azndragon669
I was never informed that dismounting the tires would result in chipping the lip, I do believe that dismounting tires do not do that anyways. I was led into thinking that only the pink needed to be repainted, and I'm fine with that. I know that sanding is standard procedure but that's not the point. Now instead of only sanding the pink of the rim I will now have to get all of it done which cost more time and money. I am asking that you pay for the restoration of the lip

In the 3rd and 5th picture, it seems as if its gonna take more than just sanding to remove all those chips. Thats messed up. And no, removing a tire does not equal chipped paint/lip even if theyre painted. Ive had wheels unmounted from painted wheels and they never look that bad. If anything, you get smudges and scratches. NOT CHIPPED paint.

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 12-15-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

buyer beware. you guys were both not specific enough. the seller should have been more honest and the buyer should have been more specific asking for pictures taken recently with maybe the seller holding paper with his name and date on it. i dont trust to buy anything personally from anyone online. as much as there is good deals out there i have seen almost all my friends get screwed really bad at least once because of poor/mis communications.i hope you guys resolve this peacefully.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of all when you paint a rim your going to want to paint the entire rim...the rim was not chrome. and i stated in the original post the wheel was spray painted...and looked real bad....and the wheel needs to be repainted...spray paint on top of powdercoat will chip like no tomorrow...the same for regular spraypaint on the wheel..thats why you do not spray paint them...as for the lips needing to be fixed or anything thats BS...the lip is in 100% perfect shape just as the wheels is...ALL IT NEEDS IS A PAINT JOB...and befre you paint it...your going to need to sand it...thats common sense...the pics i had up were from the day i posted up...the wheels were no my car for maybe 2 miles for one show...thats all!!...they were painted last min to just make a show appearance...if you take your nail to them the paint would chip and break off...its spray paint as i stated!!...dismounting would never do that on a powdercoated rim or on a rim with correct paint...but this is spray paint!! with no primer!! and withouth a sand!! this is what you get...you were clearly informed the rims need to be repainted...and thats all they need to get...and u obv will sand them down before hand so in any case i did you a favor and helped you get some paint off already...you were planning on leaving a spraypainted lip?..bro spraypaint and wheels = major fail.....and even if all you wanted to paint was the pink part over...so you were going to only clear the pink?..im pretty sure that you wold have to clear the entire rim over...and how would you do that if you dont know what kind of paint i used and you should use only the same paint manufacturer to be sure it mixes properly etc...i said you need to repaint the wheels and thats all you need to do...there is no damage to anything, no additional work required...just a paint job as stated...thank you

and i never said he needs to sand down the lip...the lip is perfect...he just needs to sand down the paint...standard procedure...was this man planning on painting on top of powder coat with spray pant on top of that already?...without sanding?...maybe this man needs some more education on what is involved in repainting a rim....

Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i would take it to pay pal...

i have never seen any one ship rims just in bubble wrap.

and upstyles.. your pictures are very misleading man...
Name:  DSC02300.jpg
Size:  61.8 KB
Name:  DSC02293.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  92.3 KB
Name:  DSC02298.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  97.5 KB

from the pictures....this is correct...
"the wheels need to be repainted, but besides for that that are in perfect condition"

i don't know how you can even argue this upstyles...

Name:  Picture315.jpg
Size:  124.6 KB
Name:  Picture316.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  90.8 KB
Name:  Picture311.jpg
Size:  85.3 KB
Name:  Picture312.jpg
Name:  Picture310.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  78.4 KB

there is a huge differance.....

Old 12-15-2009, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow just wow.

I mount and dismount tires for a living and not once did I chip the paint of any painted rims. Apparently who ever dismounted the tires failed horrible and should just quit doing it... Hope you resolve the problem, seller shoul refund, you need to do more then sanding to that lip. Invest in some aircraft paint stripper it's expensive, but spray it on the rim take a powerwasher to them and it'll take it down to bare metal.

Last edited by SquallLHeart; 12-15-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

woahhh they were jsut shipped in bubble wrap?? my friend use to work at fedex u should hear the horror stories they do with boxes on the truck they literally TOSS them around. i can only imagine what they did with these wheels woww!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

perfect lip lolName:  Picture312.jpg
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

OP paypal dispute or call ur credit card company
Old 12-15-2009, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

azndragon669
but for real...
dispute thru paypal...
show them pictures of what seller was advertising... copy and paste thread info... and send them pics of what you received...
i would think this is a no brainer..

good luck man
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Obviously the pictures you posted and the pictures I posted do not match at all. Just take responsibility for what YOU could have prevented by either packaging right or at least informing me that" paint chips when dismounting tires" I'm asking for you to pay for the lip damage or We can take it to paypal and your credit card company
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Who ships wheels in just bubble wrap? Not even multiple layers.

Quick Reply: what would scionlife do?