Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

Meng Motorsports Scion TC Stance GR+ Coilovers Pre-Order! Lowest Price Possible!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Bump! Pre-orders are still available!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM sent! Definitely interested.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Pm's replied!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 AM
SL Member

any updates on the shipment coming in this month?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

price shipped to 33579.
any updates!?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

price to 60601
Old 09-08-2010, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

price shipped to 07652 thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

All PM's replied! We also have a special deal on Function and Form coilovers if you guys don't want to wait for the pre-order crate to come in!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just called Stance and they said they expect it to arrive late this month.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How much shipped to 70809?
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(another question)
Not sure if it has been asked or not. Just want to be schooled on this so I can understand.

You said that you can get different springs/spring rates and have the shocks revalved to go along with the new springs/spring rates.

Can you explain what this means? I just want to be able to better understand it and what it benefits going this route rather than what they offer normally.

Also, what do the numbers mean with the spring rates?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM
SL Member

1 kg/mm = 56 lb/in

pretty much the the higher the number the stiffer your springs will be. so when they say their spring rate is 7kg/mm front and 9 kg/mm rear. your front spring compression rate is 392lbs and your rear is 504 lbs.
the spring rate you want depends on what you will be using your car for. so if your racing lets say drag racing you stiff springs would probably be best.
I myself just ordered these coilovers and i just kept the orginal springs since these coilovers have 15 way adjustablity.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the quick answer Rosario! Sorry everybody for the delays. We are still a small family owned business, so forum checking is done off the clock for me. I will try my best to check SL even more often now. If anybody has questions that need to be addressed immediately, you can reach me directly at 1-866-826-6048 or email me at Tony@mengmotorsports.com.

Yes stiffer spring rates in general are more tailored to the performance end due to increased response in handling, however over stiff springs can result in a rough ride over bumps or when daily driving. We felt that 7/9 was very ideal for the daily driver and weekend racer. Stance first started the set at 7/6 , however Meng convinced them to make a certain amount of sets for us at 7/9. We felt that having the rear stiffer will reduce understeer helping us at the autocross or track events =].

David,

Revalved shocks basically are revalved tailored to the certain spring rates. Certain manufacturers just slap different springs on without revalving, when custom spring rates are asked for. This results in a shock that is improperly tuned for the spring rate. One common negative effect is the dampening adjustment. The rebound dampening adjustment on the coilover will have less effect because the shock was really tuned for a different spring rate setup. I'm not bashing on other coilovers and I wouldn't say this is a HUGE drawback, as most daily drivers won't notice the difference. But revalving is done free for us, and it is definitely a bonus to have =]. Shocks properly valved for the correct spring rate will yield better results with effective dampening adjustments. In a coilover; the shock and spring are basically one unit working together, so generally speaking, a better end result can be caused by having the shock and spring tuned together.

As for what spring rates mean, Rosario was able to touch on it effectively. However I cannot accurately tell you what spring rate will feel better for you because its a lot on how you want your ride to be. I'm guessing stock springs are about 2 kg/mm as they usually are from the manufacturer. *just guessing here, please correct me if I'm wrong*. So knowing that, a coilover with 7/9 may result in a stiffer ride, but will indefinitely increase performance.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Update:

Sorry for the wait everybody but Stance did confirm the crate is coming this month. I also had a few customers call Stance themselves and was told the same thing.

As a reminder on rest of payment:

As stated via PM and first post; when the first crate comes in, we will personally take pictures and install the coilover on our own 07 Scion TC to give you guys our thoughts on it. We felt like this would be most fair since customers will actually be able to see the product they are buying. With that being said, please have rest of payment ready for whatever we quoted you. We are a direct dealer for Stance so we can only hold the coilovers for a certain amount of time before we have to fully fund the crate on our end. From the day of arrival, we can only give everybody two full weeks to fund the rest of payment or the pre-order price may be refunded minus the fee.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Called Stance again and was told that their crate is coming at the end of this month! So we will have our inventory early October and will have pics/thoughts. We also have been told that we are the only exclusive TC dealer that will have these sets in stock for the time being! Call any other dealer that claims they have the TC sets, when they really will have to special order them.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
SL Member

I hope so!!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yup, you guys will definitely have the first sets Stance ever releases! Just confirmed they received their crate. I even heard there are pictures posted online somewhere of their local test vehicle =]. *just rumors* hehe. Keep tight everybody, I will let you know when we finally get our set installed.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all of the informative info. I have a better understanding of it now. Staying tuned for updates and waiting to see the installed set.

Its nice to see that you guys are keeping us updated.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

No problem about the updates =]. We are more than happy to bring them to you. We can't wait to test the set ourselves!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the information on the updates...awaiting the finished product.

Quick Reply: Meng Motorsports Scion TC Stance GR+ Coilovers Pre-Order! Lowest Price Possible!