Notices
Exclusive Sponsored Sales site sponsors with special deals...

Meng Motorsports Scion TC Stance GR+ Coilovers Pre-Order! Lowest Price Possible!

Old 10-21-2010, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updated pictures?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you experience any spring pinging noise at low speed? Mine has pinging noise when I am parking into a driveway or going up a ramp slowly.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

No updated pictures yet, but soon!

Stinky, that is pretty strange, we do not hear any spring pinging noise at all. Our coilovers were actually amazingly quiet. If you installed the coilovers yourself; did you check if the pre-load was adequate?
Old 10-23-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Haha thanks for the recommendations Emperor and Lobster. Yes these definitely should be the lowest coilovers available right now =]

Lobster,

Lol throw in your OG wheels and we got a deal!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Here's a pic of the rear! This is not maxed. With preload adjusted, the stance coilovers can literally slam the car to the ground.

Last edited by mengsta; 12-15-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Fronts can go just as low!

We will have better pics when we get our gram lights on. Need to do some fender rolling and alignment, sorry for the wait everybody.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^FFFFUUUU!!!! Sucks kinda that I'm waiting on a different brand coilover to arrive. It's all good. I know what to go for if things fall through. Will be watching for more updates.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Haha yeah there is no question on which coilovers can go the lowest now. That's almost max without adjusting spring pre-load. Shortening the spring only sightly, will give enough thread to max the coilover until the car touches the ground. With performance also being top notch, there isn't much you can ask for from a coilover unit.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just confirmed! We are giving away free T-shirts with every Stance coilover order while supplies last!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM
SL Member

hey mengsta or sl members would someone kindly explain to me the advantages of the Stance Coilovers -vs-the b&g RS2 coilovers? I was pretty much set on buying a set of b&g's, but after seeing these and reading this thread, i'm torn between the 2 sets? out of these 2 sets which would you guys choose and why? any advice would be appreciated thx....
Old 12-03-2010, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The one advantage I give to the Stance is the Upper Camber Plate for the front, one I give to B&G is constructed of steel for strength. B&G has a limited lifetime warranty while Stance has 1 year. Other than that I find them equal. To get a set of B&G's new takes a while as production isn't constant for the tC application, it's like 5 sets every several months. The demand isn't there so their production isn't high on the priority list it seems(availability for the VW crowd is there though). I think if there was a group buy for them though I'd think it'd get in people's hands sooner.

Last edited by dropzone; 12-03-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by dropzone
The one advantage I give to the Stance is the Upper Camber Plate for the front. B&G has a limited lifetime warranty while Stance has 1 year. Other than that I find them equal. To get a set of B&G's new takes a while as production isn't constant for the tC application, it's like 5 sets every several months. The demand isn't there so their production isn't high on the priority list it seems(availability for the VW crowd is there though). I think if there was a group buy for them though I'd think it'd get in people's hands sooner.

ok cool thx for the info, i think i read in one of your posts you just recently ordered a set of b&g's yourself didn't you? if so how long you been waiting for your's to come in now?
Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you consider May recent then yes lol. 5 sets arrived in like August/September which Tyson sold his set on this forum. I wasn't up enough on the list to get one, I am due to get mine when the next sets arrive(which is like 5 or less). I've been calling over at B&G weekly to find out what's going on and have heard there's a shipment on it's way. While most would have cancelled their order I'm still waiting on these to arrive. Many shops I've called before placing an order told me it's a special order item, with varying delivery dates, that's when I called B&G before placing an order with an online store, also an authorized seller to get a better timeline.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 AM
SL Member

cool thx dz, yeah i guess i should've thought about this before i posted here but i think i will just make my own posting to see what people think so i don't feel like i'm thread jack mengsta....
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^True true, back on topic, buy Stance GR+ at Meng Motorsports!

Last edited by dropzone; 12-05-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Haha no worries about thread jack guys, a discussion is always appreciated even though another brand is in the discussion.

We haven't installed a set of B&G coilovers ourselves, so I can't give you a good factual or opinionated answer. However, Stance does include front camber plates and pillowball mounts. I'm not sure if BG's include pillowball mounts, but PB mounts are definitely an effective upgrade compared to the traditional OE mounts. Just like DZ stated, the Stance sets are also in stock and do not have a wait list as of right now.
I'm almost positive the spring rates are different, but I can't confirm as the BG spring rates are not posted on the website. Coilovers are of course valved differently, but of which coilover rates/valving is better for you, would be an opinionated answer.

As for the simple facts of differences:
Spring rates are different. Stance has a silencer rubber on the rear coilover plates. Stance has a different color finish. Stance front coilovers are inverted monotubes. 15 way dampening adjustability. Camber plates, pillowball mounts. and a few more that I may be missing =]. Stance is pure JDM, while B&G is Euro I believe.

We as an authorized dealer felt that Stance was the way to go.

Last edited by mengsta; 12-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
... while B&G is Euro I believe.
Fixed, there is a company called BG that offers coilovers, no need to confuse them with the real deal.

B&G coilovers are made in the Netherlands(before it was in Holland).

Last edited by dropzone; 12-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recently got a chance to compare STANCE coils to my JIC coils and its scary how similar they are...from the internals and right down to some of the stickers on them.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks for the fix DropZone! I'm on so many forums daily that typo's are just bound to happen =[

Scion Jim,

JIC is JDM as well I believe? I'm pretty sure JIC, Cusco, and Stance are all comparable. Just like how some Taiwanese,China made coils such as Ksports, BCs, and D2s are all pretty similar. Not bringing down any of those manufactures, but certain coilovers are definitely similar. Good point. However according to our agent at Stance, they have their own facility in Japan that does not share parts with any other brands.