Go Back  Scionlife.com > Tech and DIY > General Tech and DIY
Reload this Page >

Seat Belt Warning (Disable Beeping)

Notices
General Tech and DIY Info for Any Scion

Seat Belt Warning (Disable Beeping)

Old 02-19-2013, 02:00 AM

Anyone get this to work on a '12 xB?
When I hold the ODO button down, it just changes my speedo from MPH to KPH.

I need to turn it off because when I drop my wife off at work it starts beeping because she got out.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 AM

Default Awesome!

God that seatbelt chime was annoying me. Thanks so much! I also read you can change the stereo setting between xa,xb,and tc by holding down the ssp button I believe it is. The one that changes between feel,neutral, etc. I am new to this site I just bought an 06 tc with 39,000 miles and love it! How do ya'll find out about these things?! Because it's not in the manual. What other secrets do ya'll know?! Thanks! -Chris
Old 10-31-2014, 02:44 PM

Default 7 years later and the stupidity was too much to bear

Originally Posted by mikeydoodle View Post
sucker...haha
It's been years since you made this post, and god knows if you're even still alive by this point, but I registered specifically to tell you that you're a friggin' idiot. The evidence:

1. You're the only person in this whole thread who has advocated NEVER wearing a seatbelt.
2. You are completely ignorant of the fact that you came off like a total moron in this exchange. You seem to think you somehow "won" the argument, when what you really did was convince anyone who read it of your arrogant stupidity and recklessness.
3. Do you know WHY modern cars have sensors that disable the airbags if a seatbelt isn't buckled? Because airbags KILL PEOPLE who aren't wearing seatbelts. Not only are you exposing yourself to way more danger in the name of "not feeling strapped down and easily being able to turn side to side," you're exposing yourself to even MORE danger by putting yourself in a situation where your airbags could deploy in an accident.
4. You made this post as a total noob, and yet you had the gall to say something like "What kind of a moderator are you? I don't wear one because it impairs my driving and it's uncomfortable. I'll let this slide, but be more self-conscious of what you say to others." Oh, really? You'll let it slide? How GRACIOUS of you. Do you not realize how lucky you were to talk to a moderator like that? You come into a forum that tries to stress responsibility, describe your OBVIOUSLY dangerous and stupid behavior, then get your panties in a twist when you're called on it and get angry for having your stupid behavior identified as stupid behavior.

In conclusion: I have no problem with your not wearing a seatbelt, as obviously natural selection would suggest your genes should be removed from the gene pool as quickly as possible. You're too stupid to procreate.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:41 PM

Default 2009 xD

I tried this and it didn't work
Any suggestions??
Old 02-29-2016, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by yokillr View Post
OR YOU COULD JUST BUCKLE IT!
Just speaking for myself here but I work at a pretty large facility and use my car a lot there and it a real pain to buckle up every time you have to move around the facility, and the chime is almost as bad to me, that's why I turn it off
Old 11-24-2016, 12:19 AM
SL Member

Does any one know where the chime module is located mine does not work at all and i think the original owner disconected it SincÚ it does not chime when i leave the lights on and when i leave the keys in the stearing wheel colum swich.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

bump