Notices
General Tech and DIY Info for Any Scion

Seat Belt Warning (Disable Beeping)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:31 AM

it will beep even after stopped. Super annoying like the previous mention of getting the mail I have a quater mile long driveway and its super annoying driving up the driveway after i just drove an hour home from work
Old 08-01-2007, 05:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

or do wut i do, disconect that little plug under the seat and it will think ur seat belt is fasened.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 AM
SL Member

Damn I should try disabling it properly, but what I actually did was went to the local junkyard and got a seatbelt clip from some old car and just put that clip in the buckle and I never had to worry about putting on my seatbelt nor hear that stupid sound
Old 08-01-2007, 09:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i never knew that beeping could be turned off...thats awesome..i must try it!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just unpluged the lil connector running to the seat belt under the seat...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikeydoodle
Damn I should try disabling it properly, but what I actually did was went to the local junkyard and got a seatbelt clip from some old car and just put that clip in the buckle and I never had to worry about putting on my seatbelt nor hear that stupid sound
Ya, that's just dumb if you're actually driving around like that. Its obviously your own life and all and your choice... but damn...
Old 08-01-2007, 09:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Originally Posted by mikeydoodle
Ya, that's just dumb if you're actually driving around like that. Its obviously your own life and all and your choice... but damn...
Well thanks for calling me dumb and for indirectly saying that I'll get into an accident and I don't care about life. What kind of a moderator are you? I don't wear one because it impairs my driving and it's uncomfortable. I'll let this slide, but be more self-conscious of what you say to others.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm saying that not wearing your seatbelt while driving is dumb. If you happen to fall into that category, that's not my fault. Because it is dumb. And I'm not saying you don't care about your life... I'm just saying its your choice to do that and if something were to happen that it's your life you're gambling with - so its obviously your choice.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

took me like 3 tries to get the sequence Right!!!!

BUT I did it...!!!!!...yay 4 me!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
SL Member

You just contradicted what you said, but you shouldn't be posting anything in this topic. This diy topic was obviously created so we can turn off the noise while driving without a seatbelt. I can say that modifying your car is dumb because you can get pulled over, it voids your warranty, sometimes insurance won't provide coverage, your car is faster which can make you drive faster causing a more reckless driver and a danger to others, etc, but some of us modify our cars because it's fun, looks nice, fits our lifestyle and gives us bliss. With my seatbelt off, I don't feel strapped down and can freely move around my car and easily turn from side to side. That is my bliss. Besides, there's airbags. Drop the dumb comments already.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I contradicted nothing. Let me remind you...
I'm saying that not wearing your seatbelt while driving is dumb. If you happen to fall into that category, that's not my fault. Because it is dumb. And I'm not saying you don't care about your life... I'm just saying its your choice to do that and if something were to happen that it's your life you're gambling with - so its obviously your choice.
If I wanted to contradict myself I would have originally said "You are dumb for not wearing your seatbelt while driving." And THEN made my second post. See, those are two different things.

I'm done here...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
SL Member

sucker...haha
Old 08-24-2007, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by taco
i just unpluged the lil connector running to the seat belt under the seat...
Why?! Scion programmed the car to let you turn it off and on
"ok, first, the instructions aren't 100% accurate on this post. you do NOT have to plug in BOTH seatbelts to get this to work. just the driver's side seatbelt is fine. you can find my instructions here on the faq site: http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html#c6
and just to run through this again, this is REALLY easy to do:
1. turn key to "on" so where you would normally be able to listen to the radio. hit the trip button til ODO is displayed. once displayed, turn the key to "off" so that the radio is turned off.
2. turn the key back on to where the radio has power. WITHIN 6 seconds, press and HOLD DOWN the trip meter button for AT LEAST 10 seconds. count 1-one thousand, 2-one thousand, etc in your head and count up 12 to make sure.
3. WHILE YOU ARE STILL HOLDING DOWN THE TRIP BUTTON and AFTER the 12 seconds has passed, plug in your driver's side seat belt. you will see on the trip lcd display that it will say "b-OFF". your buzzer is now turned off and you can take the key out of the ignition.
4. to turn the buzzer back on, follow the procedure again.

sorry for this redunadant post, but people might be trying to plug in both seatbelts or missing a simple step, but this will work on all 2005-2006 scion tcs! "
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

Default Turning off the damn buzzer

That trick really worked

Thx
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member

Default Turning off the damn buzzer

That trick really worked

Thx
Old 10-13-2007, 02:18 AM

Cool, no more noise.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had the beeper removed.....it's located in the gauges
Old 10-21-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Worked for 08TC

I just did the one seat belt version and it worked the first time. Thank goodness. My dad is thinking about getting one but the seat belt beep would drive him insane.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 PM

Default Re: How you turn off the BEEP!

Originally Posted by Joseph_Scion
I'm sure that some of you are annoyed with the seatbelt BEEP. If so this is for you.

This will work for all Scion / Toyota.

It can be turned off.
1.) Power on (ignition on will do)
2.) Set trip/ODO to ODO (if its already on ODO you will have to cycle through)
3.) Power off
4.) Power on w/brake on
5.) (Within 6 seconds), press and hold the ODO for 10 seconds or more
6.) While STILL holding the ODO *after 10 seconds*, buckle BOTH seatbelts. Now release the ODO
7.) You will see in the trip display either a "b on" or "b off"
8.) Press the ODO to toggle between "b on" or b off" YOU WANT "b off"
9.) Now power off.

If battery is disconnected, you may lose your setting. Default is always "b on"
I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I TRIED THIS ON MY 2008 TC AND IT WORKS. THANK GOD BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE TO TAKE THEIR SEAT BELT OFF IN MY CAR BEFORE I PUT IT INTO PARK AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE HEARING IT BEEP! PLUS MY BOYFRIEND LIKES TO NOT PUT HIS SEAT BELT ON AND I'M TIRED OF YELLING AT HIM TO PUT HIS BELT ON.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WHERE A SEAT BELT!!!! It is not the end of the world if you were one...jeez...this is bad

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Warning (Disable Beeping)