Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

2015 Scion TC (6sp), first NEW car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2015 Scion TC (6sp), first NEW car

Hello all! I'm glad to be here.

I'm not new to forums or the tuner scene. But this is my first Scion and my first brand new car at age 36.

Previous cars of interest have been 85 Crown Victoria police interceptor w\ 351W, 71 Plymouth Duster 340 auto w\ 360 crate motor swap, 90 Mitsubishi Eclipse 5spd, 2005 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 5spd w\ 2.2L Ecotec swap running 80 shot N2O tuned with HPtuners, 2006 Chevy Avalanche 2WD, 91 Mazda Miata 5spd. Also several sport bikes (currently 2004 Honda RC51) and daily beaters.

All work with the exception of welding (still no good at it) has been done by me. Tranny and engine swaps, clutch and flywheel changes, nitrous install and tuning, and laptop ecu tuning with HPtuners has all been me. I take pride in doing the majority of my own work because when you start modifying, if you haven't learned yet, something will break at the most inopportune time.

So, the new Scion TC is a 6spd with almost no dealer installed options. Which is actually the way I like it, so I can choose my own parts and do my own work. I drove the new Release series and enjoyed it, but I'd have chose a few different things. So I brought home a Magnetic Grey and have been smiling since.

The TC has a really torque filled engine and a pretty sharp handling chassis. That's the two things that really impressed me (beside the Pioneer head unit). I enjoy the way the car tries to stay neutral in the turns. Very strange to get that from a FWD vehicle.

Mods will come. Purchased 3/16/15, next afternoon went and got the windows tinted. Changed all the interior to LED. Yesterday installed 35w 8000k HIDs With LED exterior light swaps.

Overall enjoying the car. The build quality is a lot better than I expected, so I look forward to years of use.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the forum and feel free to ask any questions about previous cars or bikes and please don't hesitate to ask questions about nitrous.

Thanks VitaminE
Old 03-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Pleasure hearing from you VitaminE. Make sure to add some pictures of your car to the Gallery and checkout our current photos while you're at it