Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Ahoy from FL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default Ahoy from FL!

Ahoy there. The name is Brittany and I reside in Central Florida. I am a 20 year old nursing student working 2 jobs in the medical field. Aside of work and school my passions consist of classic cars, art, and animals. I currently own 2 dogs (black lab/staffy mix and a purebred OFRN american pit bull terrier) as well as 5 bearded dragons. I know, I know...enough rambling.

The reason i'm here...
On October 4th, a Thursday evening after a 13hr shift at the hospital, I totaled my 2010 Ford Focus SE Coupe, with that being said I obviously am needing another set of wheels and after much contemplating and researching I keep coming back to the Scion xB. I am particularly fond of a couple 2009's available here in Florida as well as a 2012 I found yesterday. Now, just waiting on my insurance to finish up so I can go purchase, we are down to the ending paperwork, so hopefully I will be out and purchasing soon!

Overall, I am here to look at mods, pros vs. cons, and personally opinions.

here is my ford, btw;

BEFORE;

AFTER;
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You will find mixed opinions here on the xB2. Personally, I love it. Its very comfortable, extremely reliable and has ample room for my 2 dogs.

BTW Welcome to the site!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Quiet,

Thanks for the welcome
I think you will be fed mixed reviews on every vehicle on the market, mainly because lets face it..nobody likes the same stuff. :] My first new vehicle (the ford) was not my choice, however with being 17 when I purchased it my options were limited as to who would finance me at my age, with no credit established. This go around, I have established a near 700 credit score and held down 2 medical jobs for 3+ years, leaving me to have more options.

I did quite a bit of research in the crossover, wagon, and SUV area and something about the xB2 just kept drawing me back...it's perfect for what I am seeking. Having two large dogs, the cargo area was a major plus because I hated having to constantly lint roll my ford seats because I do a lot of activities with my dogs (weight pull training, dog park, OB training, ect) that requires them to ride with me to locations.

Also, lets be honest. Gas mileage usually eats people alive in SUV/wagon type vehicles, the xB2 is very fair in that department giving the extra space you claim vs. a small compact sedan.

I have called and talked to two main car holders and these are the two I am deciding between as it stands;

2009 xB with 35k miles for $13,495
(or)
2012 xB with 2k miles for $18,300

I'm really not noticing MAJOR difference between the years except the obvious aesthetic changes (i.e. interior, grill, radio) so it's hard, is it worth making the 5k jump up or do I go for the cheaper of the two..that's my dilemma.

Also, waiting for this paper game to end with closing this claim,
I am at the end and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel but lord knows they take their sweet time! lol.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member

UPDATE: Have an appointment at a dealership 2hrs away to look at a 2012 with 5k miles on it. Only $17,800. I had a lengthy conversation with the dealer and I liked his upfront nature, crossing my fingers it will all work out in my favor.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

That price seems high. You can get it down to 15.5k if you want. I hate shopping dealers that are far away because they always feel like they have the upper hand. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

How much are 2012xbs brand new?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

New xB's are going for a average of 20k before fees here in FL;

So here is the update;
I GOT IT!!!

Financed for 5% and very smooth process.
LOVED everyone at the lot and how they conducted themselves,
all of the people were very down to earth and straight shooters.

So here is the new baby as she sits, I have many plans for her already
I named her "Heidi Whitey", I name every car I own so she is no exception.

2012 Super White with 100,000 bumper to bumper coverage on everything,
has 5k miles.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Congrats! She looks like a keeper!