Notices
Introduction Forum

We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community we are happy to see you here and we want to get you talking to us, start here by telling us about you and your Scion.
*PLEASE DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION*

Please help a Inner City White Boy Reach His Dream!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 05:18 PM

Default Please help a Inner City White Boy Reach His Dream!!!

Project TRD Supercharger! by Christian Collin Minton - GoFundMe
Old 08-15-2014, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

....I think most people here are trying to save their own hard earned money for their car. Now if this poor inner city boy was trying to raise $1500 to buy a car so he could commute to his local community college, you would probably have more backers.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:52 PM

I agree and appreciate your reality check but it is just asking for donations not a full on supporter to give me the total required. I just am awaiting entrance to the police academy so money is nonexistentant and this is time sensitive to so I was trying it. Some random guy raised over 31k the same way and he was just wanting money to buy the ingredients to cook something (can't remember what), anywho figured peopole might donate a few bucks or more to help. I know there are far more people in REAL need but I was just giving this a shot aside from my current efforts. Thanks for looking.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome, echoseven71! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jon
Welcome, echoseven71! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
This gets me every time.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

And for the record Echo, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the automated messages our mods have here for the welcome forums.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:22 PM

I got that man, and was laughing just before I read your post about the auto-response...classic. lol I deleted my campaign and any and all info related to it based off the overwhelming negative feedback I received over it and verbally being slammed by everyone and anyone. However I appreciated your response and not being a douche, so this is the only scion related site I am going to frequent. So job well done representing SL well and being a good embasador. lol See you around man.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No prob. I try to play nice haha.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me tell you in advance, if your going to boost your car - do not go the TRD S/C route. Read a lot of my posts about it... The SC destroyed my motor, twice - and I went through 3 superchargers all under warranty.

There is a big reason toyota pulled the SC off the shelves, they are junk - and provide a whopping 40hp stock, to the tC. You are better off either getting a different car, motorcycle, or a turbo kit for the tC.

If you care for your car, do not strap the s/c on. Just warning you in advance - and I am an advocate of superchargers - I have one on my 8thgen civic SI that gave 165hp more than a stock SI has. The re branded Vortech unit for the tC is horrible.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Truth...
Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 AM

LOL...I just read this after I asked about your flashed ECU. I already bought the S/C so for now I am going that route but greatly appreciate the info and advice. May I ask from your experience what was the cause/failure of the 3 S/C's that destroyed your 2 engines? Were you or Scion/Toyota/TRD able to determine why or how?