Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default 1995 Lexus SC with 2JZ-GTE swap in Texas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160025264420

If you're looking for comfort and power, this is it. This Lexus originally started out as a stock SC300 that I picked up from the original owner with 216,000 miles on the chasis. Since I've had the car I've done a complete US spec supra TT swap. Everything has been swapped over even down to the supra rear LSD differential. The car is original RSP color which is the most rare color Lexus ever made, only offered in 1997. If you look carefully you will notice the car has no sunroof, it's a factory HARDTOP. I've confirmed this with Lexus, this is a 1 of 1 car. The original owner requested the car from Lexus and it took an additional 8 months to get the car with this color/interior combination and hardtop. Talk about RARE.

I bought a 1995 Twin Turbo automatic supra with 91,000 miles that was in a light rear end accident. The car didn't even get labled a salvage title. The VIN number posted is to the wrecked supra I bought to prove what is in the Lexus now. The VIN to the Lexus for sale is JT8CD32Z3V0040478. I pulled the motor/tranny/wiring harness/differential/brakes off the 1995 toyota supra and swapped everything over to the SC300. While I had the motor out, I replaced the following items:

Front main seal, cam seals, valve seals, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, spark plugs, Mobil one oil 10w30, toyota filter, toyota red coolant, resealed upper/lower oil pan gaskets with toyota black, new coolant hoses upper/lower, toyota tranny fluid, royal purple max gear differential fluid, This car has no leaks, no smoke, no nothing. Compression tested the motor last week and all cylinders were between 162-165 psi.

Since I was upgrading to the supra motor I went ahead and did some basic modifications to enhance the perfomance.

Greddy 3 row intercooler with polished piping

Fluidyne Radiator

Megan downpipe

Custom 3.5 inch dual exhaust with Apex mufflers

MSD tach adapter

Greddy BCC

Aftermarket Intake filter

Fuel Dampener bypass

1300 degree chrome coating on Intake manifold, turbo piping, polished valve covers and throttle body

Upon finishing the conversion I took the car to the dyno and with 18 pounds of boost and a mix of 110 race gas the car put down 428rwhp and 416 torque, this equates to 500 horsepower at the crank, that's the same power as the new vipers and C6 ZO6. The crazy thing is that this car drives like a lexus but backs up the comfort with some real power.

Along with the full supra motor conversion I replaced the suspension with TT shocks and Eibach lowering springs to help with the handling. Since the conversion I have kept the Lexus brakes because they have worked outstanding with no issues. I will give the new owner the Supra TT brake calipers, rotors and pads if they decide to upgrade later on. I also upgraded the rims to some 18 inch 5 Zigen gunmetal grey rims to help with the sleek look. The car does have a Greddy 3 Row Front Mount Intercooler with the polished hardpipe kit.

The paint on the car is the original paint with all original VIN stickers on all body panels. The front bumper and hood have the normal wear and tear for the miles. There are only 2 dings on the whole car and both can be taken out by paintless dent repair. There are a few minor scratches but nothing outstanding. The interior is beautiful! Looks like a 50,000 mile car. There are a few dimples and small tears on the drivers side door panel from the seatbelt hitting upon closing the door at one time, I tried to show them in the pictures, otherwise the interior is a 9 out a 10.

I encourage interested buyers to come and take a ride in this SC, it's incredible. Also, EVERYTHING WORKS on this car, A/C, tach, radio, all power. I spent many hours going over wiring to make this car work 100 percent factory. This car still maintains all the luxuries of a Lexus, but has the crazy horsepower of a supra. Trust me, I've surprised many new corvette owners in this Lexus

I'm located about 30 minutes north of Dallas, TX, and can show the car anytime, just give me a call. Thanks, David 940-231-9983