Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

2008 xd Car battery died now car fuses dead after jump?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 10:14 PM

Default 2008 xd Car battery died now car fuses dead after jump?

My car battery died for the 3rd time. I very stupidly left the interior light on(the one with the auto turn/off on for 2 days). We jumped it like before, but this time the car won't shift out of gear, the control panel is dead. We jumped it with a car jumper box 3 times. It ran for 10 minutes, but, when we unhooked the box it died. It gets better each time, but then we realized it wouldn't even shift out of gear to move it. So then we looked at the fuses and all the major larger ones are all blown. We took the battery out and it reads that it is just fine(round circle with the red dot=still good). Can any tell me if it's worth it to tow it the dealership or has anyone had this happen and you figured it out? Any help is appreciated! Trying to save money, but, if I have to get it serviced I will do that! Thanks in advance!!!
-Melissa
Old 08-10-2014, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What you're selectively leaving out of this post is that someone hooked up the battery booster backwards at first, most likely sparked a bit when hooked up. When you hookup the jumper cables in reverse order, you tend to blow the major fuse/ fuses on the car. You can't do that.

Kruso