Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

anyone ever try dry ice dent removal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anyone ever try dry ice dent removal?

hey ya, i've been seraching through here alot and i read a post about using dry ice on the warm surface of a car and it should pop out a small dent. someone posted about it, but they never posted anything about results...i googled it and it seems to be an inside thing with dent repair...

i have a small golfball size dent on my corolla that i can't get to from the inside, there is a doorbeam on the inside that is directly in the way and i can't get even a metal spatula in there, so i'm curious to try this.

i'm getting my tC soon and i know that indigo ink pearl will show dents like crazy, compared to white or silver would kinda hide them better. i always get dents where i park, it's curse!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: anyone ever try dry ice dent removal?

Originally Posted by xnevergiveinx
hey ya, i've been seraching through here alot and i read a post about using dry ice on the warm surface of a car and it should pop out a small dent. someone posted about it, but they never posted anything about results...i googled it and it seems to be an inside thing with dent repair...

i have a small golfball size dent on my corolla that i can't get to from the inside, there is a doorbeam on the inside that is directly in the way and i can't get even a metal spatula in there, so i'm curious to try this.

i'm getting my tC soon and i know that indigo ink pearl will show dents like crazy, compared to white or silver would kinda hide them better. i always get dents where i park, it's curse!
I've never tried it, but I can reccomend the Ding King. Only like $20 and works well. I just used it a few days ago to pull out a door ding on my xb.