Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Door locks locking on their own?

Old 01-31-2004, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Door locks locking on their own?

Today I was showing some family members my new xB and noticed I heard a "click". I noticed the door locks had locked. Funny thing I didn't have the keys with me. I went and got the keys and unlocked the doors. After in minute or so, again, "click" the doors locked again? And again and again. I thought this might be normal and never noticed it before? I thought what if my keys were in there! Anyway, it seems to be okay now.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure it must have been where I was parked or something?

Don't leave your keys in your car!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

if you unlock the doors with the remote, but then don't open a door within like 45 seconds, they lock again on their own.

The doors aren't programmed from the factory to simply lock on their own though, unless you do it with the key or remote.

Did you get an aftermarket alarm through the dealership? Maybe they have it set that way, in which case you can have them adjust it.

Drew
Old 01-31-2004, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sometimes that happens to me but my keys are always in my pocket when it happens...i think its just that the button gets pressed in my pocket or sumthin but i dont know how it happened if u didnt have your keys with you.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

If you have the scion security they will do that ... It's programed so that once you hit the unlock button, if you don't insert the key into the ignition in a certain period of time the alarm locks the doors and re-arms itself.... If you don't have the security system .. then I dunno... you're guess is good as mine...

I found out the hard way ... I unlocked my car ... talked to someone .. hoppped in my car, shut the door and the doors locks and the alarm armed itself then went off....
Old 01-31-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by DibujoB
if you unlock the doors with the remote, but then don't open a door within like 45 seconds, they lock again on their own.

The doors aren't programmed from the factory to simply lock on their own though, unless you do it with the key or remote.

Did you get an aftermarket alarm through the dealership? Maybe they have it set that way, in which case you can have them adjust it.

Drew
I first noticed it after getting out of my car. After a minute or so, the doors locked on their own. After the first time I used the remotes to lock the doors. So, this maybe the reason it was doing it the other times? But the first time, I don't know? There's no after market alarm on it.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MrSmiley
If you have the scion security they will do that ... It's programed so that once you hit the unlock button, if you don't insert the key into the ignition in a certain period of time the alarm locks the doors and re-arms itself.... If you don't have the security system .. then I dunno... you're guess is good as mine...

I found out the hard way ... I unlocked my car ... talked to someone .. hoppped in my car, shut the door and the doors locks and the alarm armed itself then went off....
For all I know, there's no security system on my car but then again I got many extra's I never paid for. Such as 6 disc changer, rear spoiler, and carbon fiber pillars to name a few. The car had just come in and was in their back lot and the invoice was never updated as they were putting things on it.