Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

"Maint Req" ? Little light

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default "Maint Req" ? Little light

So when this light comes on I assume it wants me to take my car to the dealer and have them do the oil change, fluid checks, and tire rotation. I think to myself, "Self, you have been in this game for about 5 months now and you know how to do all of this."

My question is, how do I disable that light once I do the oil change etc etc? I don't want to take it to the dealer (even though they owe me 2 more free oil changes ) because my CEL is on from my header and I don't really want them to know about it. I can't fix the CEL yet (it kinda turned off with the foulers, then turned back on after 20 miles) but that is another post...which I have made over and over again...emanage here i come.

So, yeah. Before I derail. Does the maint required light go off automatically or is there a way to reset it? Oh, and does anyone recommend a certain oil? Castrol GTX is good eh? This is my first time doing the oil change on my tC and the check up. I installed all my exhaust though

Ty guys.

Anurok

P.S. Speaking of Emanage, if anyone has the hook up on a base model (not Ultimate, I am not going turbo yet) I would appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

there is a way to reset it. u gotta hold one of the ***** down on ur gauges until it goes blank.

um........its in ur manual, read it
Old 01-17-2007, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

ha! Manual...that is what these forums are for!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From here.

Contributed by eric m.

After you've driven your Scion for a few thousand miles, you will see a "maintenance required" orange light flash for a few seconds in the center display console every time you start your car. Do not be alarmed. this is just a reminder to have your oil changed. If you change your own oil, you can reset the light. here is how:
1. Turn on the ignition and make sure it is on your odometer display, not the trip display.
2. Turn off your ignition. Hold down the trip meter reset button and turn the ignition on. Keep the button pushed in.
3. The maintenance required light will flash for a few seconds. when it turns off, let go of the reset "button.

The the display will change for 1 second and go back to the mileage. That's it.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

my lord, how many times are we going to have these threads....I swear at least 1 every 3 days this EXACT post comes up.

PLEASE SEARCH!!!

lets lock it up like all the rest...