Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

problem with service dept ( scratched dash)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member

Default problem with service dept ( scratched dash)

Anyone have any input on what to do when a tech scratches the fake aluminum on your dash while installing a security device? I told them I wanted it replaced. Guess what, they painted it. Doesn't look the same. I can live with it , but I expressly told them that I did not want it just repainted. now it looks kind of dull bronze. the car had less than 140 miles on it when this was done. I missed my appointment for a clifford alarm being put on with a two way just so I could take it back to the dealer. And they repaint the dash? after all of this they TRIED to charge me 91 dollars and some change to install mud flaps on my tc. After my disgust they refunded the labor for the mudflaps. after all of this that cheap paint rubs off with armor-all! faint,but will probably get worse with more applications. just found out today. Should I give the service department another chance, or just call it an example of more lies and deceipt to come, and switch my service to another dealer. I was going to spend a small fortune on aftermarket goodies with them, including the supercharger when available, and plan to install the springs swaybar, shocks, struts, and front strut tie bar next week with or without them. probably going to order the real aluminum dash kit on ebay, and just forget about them, I still have to go back and get my license plates from them when they come in. I don't think that I will let them help me install them though. Have to give props to the paint dept. though, I didn't even notice it until a low light situation on my ride home. kind of made me laugh until sunday when I armor-all the interior. all of this for a model sale, they didn't even have to pursue, I found them on the internet and put my deposit down. SIMPLE. What would you do?
Old 02-07-2005, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

man the service department scratched my piece when installing the radio when I was signing the papers. They were lazy and used a flat head (when their hands would have worked just fine) and scratched it up. They keep telling me that the replacement part it on order. yea right....keep on em. you should get what you want.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

my service department scratched on of the panels on my drivers side door when replacing my defective stock speakers....plus they were jerks about it. said they ordered the part. this was close to a month ago, and no word yet. i'm not happy. seems like the scion sales guys are awesome (in my experience atleast) but the toyota parts and service department sucks. i'm going to call up and ask where my part is this week. i bet the sleazy guy that "helped" me that day never ever placed the order...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

call scion.. that's crazy.. i called scion about the dealer scratching my dash when they replaced my defective cd player.. got a whole new console (took about 3-4 weeks for the console to come in) the paint is pretty thin, but still they scratched it they should replace it..

hey calikitten118.. what happened to your speakers?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the hell with the dealer service! I do everything on my own. Oil changes, etc.... I try to stay away from the dealer as much as I can. Only my hands on my baby!
Old 02-07-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there are not many techs in the service dept that can do interior work. i am one of the techs that does the interior work in my dealer because i don't scratch stuff up and sometimes accidents happen. i've made mistakes, all you can do is order a replacement part, no biggie
what that dealer did to you was wrong, they should have not painted but ordered you a whole new part, painting it will only delay you coming back

when they say a part is on order... they are not lying. you would be shocked when you find out how long it takes to get some of these parts. its not the parts dept. fault , they can't control when parts come in, they just place the order
so know the facts before you start talking out of your ___ and making false accusations. you guys are pretty good at that