Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Serious TC safety issues- Recall needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 PM

Default Serious TC safety issues- Recall needed

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, but I thought I'd sign up to see how many other TC owners are experiencing the same problems. I drive a 2005 TC, so it's out of warranty. The airbag light is on (meaning it won't work), the horn doesn't work (almost causing an accident because of driver switched lanes without looking), and my cruise control doesn't work. I've talked with the Scion dealership, their customer service line, and they are not willing to help. This is a SERIOUS safety issue, and something needs to be done about it before people die. If anyone has this issue please email me at ScionTCproblems@gmail.com . I plan on compiling all the complaints to get a resolution to this issue, whether it be with the Toyota Legal Team, or through court. Should this be posted in another forum, I apolgize, as I don't know where else to put it. Feel free to post it in an appropriate forum if necessary. Thanks. Also, there have been 34!!! recalls on this vehichle. Why not one more?
Old 03-12-2014, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you posted this twice, that's good. But again, bragging about the amount of recalls? That just makes you look silly for even buying the thing. There won't be a recall for something that a previous owner ruined. If I take a screwdriver to your windshield, are you going to complain to Toyota and have a recall on a "faulty" windshield? The answer is no. That car you bought was probably in an accident. This is ridiculous guy...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:54 PM

Well you posted this twice, that's good. But again, bragging about the amount of recalls? That just makes you look silly for even buying the thing. There won't be a recall for something that a previous owner ruined. If I take a screwdriver to your windshield, are you going to complain to Toyota and have a recall on a "faulty" windshield? The answer is no. That car you bought was probably in an accident. This is ridiculous guy.

OK, so here's the deal. I bought it in 07 with one previous owner who drove it very little, and it was NOT in a wreck. Carfax proves that. As for "you taking a screwdriver to my windshield", now that is ridiculous, guy. I'm simply trying to see how many others have these issues, as I've heard it is prevelant. And I was not "bragging" about the amount of recalls over the years, simply making a point. Sorry you felt the need to try to belittle me if that was your goal. I'm just trying to make sure that safety is a priority for Scion.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, they discontinued the Ford F.cking Ranger because the US didn't think it was safe enough. This is a truck that has been around for yearrrrrrrrsssssssss. The Scion is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy safer than anything else and the standards at which it is held are beyond anything else that is out there. Of course safety is their number one priority and by you doing this does not effect that. And yeah, belittle? No. Show that your clownin'? Yes.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:07 PM

Criminal, I came here to speak with people who have faulty clock springs for the steering column and the spiral cable. Not to have an argument with you. I think our conversation should come to its inevitable end. No more messages, PLEASE. Talk to somone else on here about their questions and concerns.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your issues have nothing to do with TOYOTA!! I don't care who you are, you asked a question, I'm answering it. None of the other guys are going to tell you anything that is any better. I'm speaking for all of us, let alone common sense. I'm sorry you are having issues, but they aren't Toyota's fault. No one has any of these other issues, and as you already know, that are all related to something that someone jacked with. Something is going on in the column, as you said, that just needs to be hooked up. Like Drax said, a fuse is probably all of those things. Whether your car is brand new or 20 years old, fuses are covered under anything, or recalled.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Your issues have nothing to do with TOYOTA!! I don't care who you are, you asked a question, I'm answering it. None of the other guys are going to tell you anything that is any better. I'm speaking for all of us, let alone common sense. I'm sorry you are having issues, but they aren't Toyota's fault. No one has any of these other issues, and as you already know, that are all related to something that someone jacked with. Something is going on in the column, as you said, that just needs to be hooked up. Like Drax said, a fuse is probably all of those things. Whether your car is brand new or 20 years old, fuses are covered under anything, or recalled.
Scion is a Toyota, as is the part that has caused my issues. I've had it diagnosed. I've worked at TMMK, so I'm no idiot. They've had plenty of issues with recalls on numerous vehicles. And as I requested in the last post, I'd prefer our exhanges to come to an end. I came seeking others with this issue, not get it a pansy text argument you've started. And the "question you answered" was nothing more than gibberish. Good Day!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why on earth would you ever mention that Scion is Toyota? What does that matter? It's all Toyota, there's no reason to mention Scion. And you said you had it diagnosed? Wonderful. What did they say? Anything can be fixed. So get it fixed. Toyota has had a ton of recalls, yes, but again, that has nothing to do with their inability to build the safest cars, as you mentioned that they fail to do so. Parts fail all the time, some more than others. Some happen so often that a recall is made, but if it only happens to a few, then nothing is done. The part is replaced and we all move on with our lives. You issue is not a recalled item, and never will be. It is all related to one failed module. I never said you were an idiot either, I said you were clownin'. And I don't even know what TMMK is but I'm sure it means your qualified to not be a clown, so why are you still trying? Pull the column apart and take a look, since you worked at TMMK of course.