Notices
Maintenance & Car Care Tune-ups and shake-downs...

Sigh...[blue exhaust smoke]

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 12:04 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no problem
Old 12-28-2004, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Check the oil first thing in the morning before you start the car. Is it overfilled? Often if too much oil, some will be sucked up in the crankcase venting and be burned in combustion.
I had this happen on an old HiLux, and it scared me near to death.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Alright, set up an appointment in two weeks, holidays suck ___. So I'm just gonna be real gentle, and I have a bottle of oil sitting in my passenger seat buckled up and put in a plastic bag just incase. I might pick up a oil filter while I'm at it, and find my oil pan...hehe...the Service Manager was cool, sadly they're closed this weekend, so I have to wait which really sucks ___, but he told me they would check over everything. I'm basically gonna make em do a check over all my fluids, seals, gaskets, hell my valve cover...I'll sit there and wait. I know what every part looks like. I'll buy a soda and pull up a seat. ...
Old 12-28-2004, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member

yeah my dealer crushed my rocker panel with the lift when i went to get the mudguards installed they fixed it the next day but wouldnt replace it. the tech totally noticed the dent cuz there was a clean sport over the dent and he tried to give it back without telling me its not the dealers fault its the dumbass techs there _______s that think there special cuz they know more than my dog about cars.